Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Like... seriously, even in universe Louis doesn't make much sense. Sure, he was connected to the Gozer incident, but after that... ? Oh, right, he was their tax guy and like, 40% of a lawyer... and then Janine slept with him.

These are his contributions to the movie lore. Why would he be involved with this? He was never a Ghostbuster (slipping on Egon's gear and shooting a wall does not make him one) and if anything, if you were responsible for opening a gateway for a god of destruction to enter this plain of existence, wouldn't you wanna stay away from ANYTHING relating to said creature?

Not gonna lie, Janine and Dana showing up kinda... bothers me as a concept. Hopefully it makes sense within the story and they're involved for more than a "hey, remember when we were in the other movies?!" moment.
tylergfoster, Kingpin liked this
pizzarat wrote: February 4th, 2020, 8:09 pm
SpaceBallz wrote: February 4th, 2020, 6:13 pm

Probably why he chose not to come back. Sounded like the same reason why he didn't do the cameo for ATC. He prefers meaty roles
The Goldbergs was not a meaty role! :p
"The Goldbergs" falls into a different category, though, as I believe it was just voice acting, which is at the very least easier for him to go do. These days, he could've recorded it from his home.
SpaceBallz liked this
There is no reason for Louis to be in it other than to say "hey look, its Louis!".

In GB2 they used him because they needed a lawyer fast and had no money. Based on the dialogue, they hadn't used him before when being sued.

The only reason to bring him back would be if... he was now a super confident lawyer/accountant because he changed after the accolades given to him at the end of GB2. That would be fun to see, but still just a cameo.
Kingpin liked this
We can do the whole who Janine ended up with thing without actually having Louis in the film. I would love to see a cameo or Easter egg to explain what he's been up to the last 30 years. Again he's not a miner character who deserves to be written off even if Rick doesn't come back. He was in both films, and more prominent in GBII whether people like him or not. Plus it would be another interesting twist if he's been a terror dog all this time again.
pizzarat liked this
zeta otaku wrote: February 4th, 2020, 9:24 pm Like... seriously, even in universe Louis doesn't make much sense. Sure, he was connected to the Gozer incident, but after that... ? Oh, right, he was their tax guy and like, 40% of a lawyer... and then Janine slept with him.

These are his contributions to the movie lore. Why would he be involved with this? He was never a Ghostbuster (slipping on Egon's gear and shooting a wall does not make him one) and if anything, if you were responsible for opening a gateway for a god of destruction to enter this plain of existence, wouldn't you wanna stay away from ANYTHING relating to said creature?
I'll say it again, Erik Burnham came up with the best compromise. Janine dumped him and he decided to make a clean break from NYC and the craziness and moved to Florida.
zeta otaku wrote: February 4th, 2020, 9:24 pmNot gonna lie, Janine and Dana showing up kinda... bothers me as a concept. Hopefully it makes sense within the story and they're involved for more than a "hey, remember when we were in the other movies?!" moment.
Again like the IDW comics, I hope Janine added on call Ghostbuster to her responsibilities.

Dana, it's got to be something besides tagging along... but at least there's the mystery of that Production Weekly listing of her filming with Coon, Wolfhard, and Grace at the apartments we later learned are stand-ins for Chicago if I'm remembering it right. But perhaps former hosts of Zuul and Vinz, if they survive, and are in close enough proximity to a re-manifestation of one of them, they feel it and are drawn to them. Maybe it's what influences the three of them to come to Summerville because Dana is uncontrollably drawn to it so Peter loops in Ray and Winston to help then learn Egon's relatives inherited his farmhouse and they all team up to stop the next cross rip.
Kingpin, zeta otaku, Alphagaia and 1 others liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 10:58 am
pizzarat wrote:
If the leak is wrong according to Timo, what did he learn about the plot?
He's unable to provide specifics because he signed a non-disclosure agreement. But he has seen toys, artwork, and a clip from the movie. None of it made him think that the reddit leak was accurate.
Hey, here I am! :-)

I HATE this stupid non-disclosure agreement! Because I want to share all the stuff with you, I want to talk about it!
It was like a powerpoint (and video) presentation for all these muggle-esque business guys and a few of us were there just to be Ghostbusters and "PKE-scan" these guys for show and then they showed all of the stuff and the muggles - just sitting there, such a lack of passion... And us fans were like: What the hell is going on here? Is this real? Goosebumps.

What I can say is: As die-hard fans, we loved it. BUT - if you're here just or mainly for the old guys, this won't be your movie. You have to accept the youngsters in any capacity. If what you saw until now with the little guys was not your thing (like you didn't liked them to drive the car), what they have is not for you.
Just being the devil's advocate - I love what I saw but I already love Phoebe and her Scoobies anyway :-)

Don't hold your breath for the next trailer, won't be soon
Michael Scott wrote: February 5th, 2020, 12:42 pm How long was the presentation you saw? And how long was the video footage?
The Ghostbusters part of it was maybe 20, 25 minutes (whole presentation was around 1h). Video was an introduction by Jason, a short discussion with Jason and Ivan and a whole scene. Very short stuff, a few minutes.
pizzarat liked this
Davideverona wrote: February 5th, 2020, 1:12 pm Did they show the OGB in any capacity or form?

By the way, I really liked the new characters.
The crazy thing is we're allowed to tell what we saw, like artwork and a scene and very cool toy stuff but not what it was - and the lovely Sony lady knows this place. So I try to convey things but without actually saying anything
Davideverona liked this
Timo wrote:
JonXCTrack wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 10:58 am He's unable to provide specifics because he signed a non-disclosure agreement. But he has seen toys, artwork, and a clip from the movie. None of it made him think that the reddit leak was accurate.
Hey, here I am! :-)

I HATE this stupid non-disclosure agreement! Because I want to share all the stuff with you, I want to talk about it!
It was like a powerpoint (and video) presentation for all these muggle-esque business guys and a few of us were there just to be Ghostbusters and "PKE-scan" these guys for show and then they showed all of the stuff and the muggles - just sitting there, such a lack of passion... And us fans were like: What the hell is going on here? Is this real? Goosebumps.

What I can say is: As die-hard fans, we loved it. BUT - if you're here just or mainly for the old guys, this won't be your movie. You have to accept the youngsters in any capacity. If what you saw until now with the little guys was not your thing (like you didn't liked them to drive the car), what they have is not for you.
Just being the devil's advocate - I love what I saw but I already love Phoebe and her Scoobies anyway :-)

Don't hold your breath for the next trailer, won't be soon
"Scoobies?" Is that the name of Logan Kim's character?
Kind of a bummer (but not a surprise) that we won't be seeing a new trailer anytime soon - at least probably not until around April or so.

But the stuff we will be seeing at Toy Fair in a few weeks sounds very exciting and hopefully will hold us over a few more months until we get a better look at the film. Cannot wait to see how Hasbro handles the license! I have been incredibly impressed with their Marvel line!

As far as the OGB go, personally I don't feel that let down that they won't be in it as much - I just really want those moments to count and be something amazingly special!
JonXCTrack wrote: February 5th, 2020, 1:38 pm
"Scoobies?" Is that the name of Logan Kim's character?
No!
moviemaker29 wrote: February 5th, 2020, 1:40 pm Kind of a bummer (but not a surprise) that we won't be seeing a new trailer anytime soon - at least probably not until April.
Yes, you're right, kind of a bummer
moviemaker29 wrote: February 5th, 2020, 1:40 pm But the stuff we will be seeing at Toy Fair in a few weeks sounds very exciting and hopefully will hold us over a few more months until we get a better look at the film. Cannot wait to see how Hasbro handles the license! I have been incredibly impressed with their Marvel line!
Stay impressed and burn your Matty and Diamond figures!
moviemaker29, pizzarat, groschopf and 1 others liked this
Davideverona wrote: February 5th, 2020, 3:25 pm So, Old Man Stantz (and Venkman and Zeddemore) action figure confirmed?
Haven't seen old Stantz, Spengler, Zeddemore and Venkman yet.
Maybe the old versions are part of the line. I don't think I saw the entire line but there were *some* figures and playsets
pizzarat, SpaceBallz, groschopf and 1 others liked this
Well i gotta say im a little let down by that news..
Sorry..

Was expecting something among the lines of..

Ash vs evil dead. Creed. Bill and ted face the music..

Ya know..a sequel thats actually about the elder days of the original main characters while advancing into new characters ?

Sigh..i knew there was a reason they were keeping things so secret.
For being men in their late 60s/early 70s I honestly can't imagine a movie entirely/mostly about them.

This franchise needs some new blood, and the original Ghostbusters are closer to "collect social security" than "back in the saddle".

We've all known for the past 20 years or so we'd get a passing of the torch story IF GB3 was ever made, so this shouldn't really be a surprise.
groschopf, SpaceBallz, twmedford23 and 4 others liked this
BatDan wrote: February 5th, 2020, 5:28 pm Well i gotta say im a little let down by that news..
Sorry..

Was expecting something among the lines of..

Ash vs evil dead. Creed. Bill and ted face the music..

Ya know..a sequel thats actually about the elder days of the original main characters while advancing into new characters ?

Sigh..i knew there was a reason they were keeping things so secret.
I wouldn't get too discouraged, it was only one toy-line preview. We know so little about this movie right now. I wasn't completely enthralled with the trailer, and I wasn't surprised when Finn Wolfhard said it didn't reveal very much. While they aren't the major protagonists in this movie, Juno Reitman wouldn't do them wrong like that.
The Variety journalist was on a green screen set with Bill Murray and a proton pack was there, I'm sure they're involved in some important capacity other than cameos.
deadderek, Davideverona, RichRyan1507 and 1 others liked this
I love how Timo said he couldn’t say any more and we’re all, “but what about? BUT WHAT ABOUT?!”

Hi lovely Sony lady, if you really are hovering about, I think your secrets are safe with him!
Kingpin, deadderek, Corey91 and 1 others liked this
timeware wrote: February 5th, 2020, 6:18 pm As long as we get an og wearing a pack.
Be careful what you wish for, we may see one of them shrug one on long enough to acknowledge he just can't carry the weight of it anymore.
robbritton wrote: February 6th, 2020, 1:07 am I love how Timo said he couldn’t say any more and we’re all, “but what about? BUT WHAT ABOUT?!”

Hi lovely Sony lady, if you really are hovering about, I think your secrets are safe with him!
And I would love to answer all these questions. The toys aren't spoilery, at least the toys we saw.

When it comes to the involvement of the OGBs in the movie, I don't know anything tbh. No old bunch in the presentation so what we've seen was all about Rudd and the new guys (i know little Logan's name, yay), what's in the mine and some of the ghosts. We were amazed but the whole thing gave me strong feelings like this could be Ghostbusters: The Force Awakens so if you liked TFA, great. If you didn't liked it this could be problematic for you for the very same reasons.
PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]