Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By RichRyan1507
Coover5 wrote: September 24th, 2019, 12:13 pm That's the kind of thing I mean. I don't mean something in your face. Perhaps his photo on a fridge. No zoom in or anything. Just there. Almost like how the twins last name was used for Vigo's. It's so subtle it's almost not there.
That would be kind of neat, actually. Make it an Easter Egg sort of thing.
By GBfan_CH
Speaking of shoehorns, does anyone remember the time Max Landis posted his own idea for GB3? He wanted it to feature a slimer origin story.

I tweeted him. He was... not polite.

So yes let’s not have Oscar. Or Walter. Or Shandor for the third time. or Stay Puft yet again. Something nice and fresh please.
By groschopf
In all seriousness, I hope JK Simmons appears in this film. I'd love to see him in a dry comedic or even villainous role in the new Ghostbusters film. He'd steal the show.

He's funny in Spider-man, and he's excellent in Counterpart. He was phenomenal at playing two different versions of the same character, brilliantly examining the full spectrum of one individual's personality as a study in extremes. He'd be amazing in a duplicitous role.

Speaking of which... kind of wonder now if he has a role in this film and that's why we haven't heard him agitating more for a third season of Counterpart. Perhaps he's been busy.
By robbritton
timeware wrote: September 24th, 2019, 3:14 pm Rudd could be Oscar. Maybe Dana and Peter gave him up for adoption to avoid another paranormal incident and then the plan back fires on them.
Paul Rudd must have at least five years on me and I was 11 when Ghostbusters 2 came out! It’d be slightly odd casting!
SpaceBallz liked this
By Sav C
RichardLess wrote: September 24th, 2019, 11:19 am
Alphagaia wrote: September 24th, 2019, 11:05 am Before this continues let's keep in mind people here also like the movie and we have no interest in seeing another anti ATC circle jerk.

*Deletes 15 page manifesto on hatred of Air Traffic Controllers*
The FAA would like a word with you...
By BatDan
Why is everyone so against Oscar? I mean he was only the focus of the second film..it only makes sense to have some type of role in the next installment for some type of continuity...i mean its not like a easy thing for Dana to forget..”oh yea, one time my infant son almost became a modern day Vlad the Impaler..but 30 years have passed i almost forgot.”
Coover5, moviemaker29, Sav C liked this
By moviemaker29
@BatDan, yep that was more along the lines of thinking and logic I had in regards to Oscar. The character was instrumental to the plot of the entire second film and while it would certainly be easy to write him out in a single line, I was just contemplating what people's thoughts were on how the character might factor into what we know of the GB20 plot.

I am expecting them to sweep him under the rug, but it would still be cool for the character to have some sort of involvement, if nothing else for there to be a more solid connection to GBII.

The reality is that for everything we think we know from what we have seen, it is incredibly exciting that we actually know very little about the film. I am just relieved that so far everything looks and feels like the first two films while building upon the mythology and world building. That's how you make an effective sequel.
BatDan liked this
By SpaceBallz
I really wanna move away from Dana, it was odd the 2nd time around with her being involved in another world ending supernatural plot but for a 3rd time? No spanx. And if they do it a 3rd time I suspect they'll go down the whole "prophecy foretold!" Over-done shpeel.

Let her and Oscar have some peace dammit.
By timeware
Rudd might be an odd casting. Again this is Hollywood where a twenty something can get away with playing a high school student. Real life age won't factor.

You can have Oscar without Dana being the focal point of the film. Keeping one of the Ghostbusters near by to keep an eye on him in secret is a good way to bring Bill in. Hell, all we know is Bill's, involvement could be pictures of him and Dana in an old album sitting on Rays coffee table.
By Davideverona
He had only a minor injury, he was seen golfing with a bandage on a hand.

And this is a Scottish tournament, so he's far away from the set :D

By the way, I was looking for the GB20 theory that was posted on Reddit, does some of you guys still have the link? (the Winston being CEO, the other busters blaming Ray for Egon death...)
By Davideverona
Muwarrior21 wrote: September 25th, 2019, 5:37 am Just had a terrible premonition..........

What if bill was just in calgary to film the intro to the GB35 release and nothing more!????????

Its certainly possible but man that was a bad dream
Since it was announced a couple of weeks ago, I think the introduction was an already done thing. Maybe at the time they unearthed the alternate takes.
By Corey91
By the way, I was looking for the GB20 theory that was posted on Reddit, does some of you guys still have the link? (the Winston being CEO, the other busters blaming Ray for Egon death...)

The original Reddit post has been deleted unfortunately. It is copied and pasted in this thread but many many pages back, if I have a second I can go back and find it and PM it to you :)
By JonXCTrack
Someone asked for the Reddit post. I'm the person that posted it originally, so it was easy for me to find in my history.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Corey91 liked this
By RichRyan1507
I love this thread, but I've avoided reading any of these possible plot/script leaks. That's where I'm drawing the line so that I can still be surprised on as much as possible just in case these leaks have any truth to them.
By SSJmole
Davideverona wrote: September 25th, 2019, 3:30 am He had only a minor injury, he was seen golfing with a bandage on a hand.

And this is a Scottish tournament, so he's far away from the set :D

Yeah it was but was worried if he had filming left to do he might be delayed in when he can film.

But I am glad he's ok.
By BatDan
Well the tournaments only a couple days, then (maybe if venkman is it) he flies back to Canada to continue filming?

I mean, Dan had time to take off to promote Halloween Nights and do the Joe rogan show, its no different if Bill had some other commitments too.
By Kingpin
I'm skeptical about the "leaked synopsis" as some of it's plot points don't seem to stand up against what we've seen leak from the various set shoots.

1)
2)
3)
While it's not impossible it could be a legitimate summary, I don't buy the person being involved in the production in any way. I will say though, is their claimed plot sounds a lot better than the "frequency one".
BatDan, groschopf liked this

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]