Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Wafflerobot wrote: February 28th, 2020, 11:46 pm I wonder if we will get some new details soon or a second trailer since in little over a weeks time, it will be Three months since the first trailer came out.
We just had the Toy fair. And while it was just a few little details, I don't think we can expect something new soon as they would have used the toy fair for the reveal.

My guess is April.
Last edited by Alphagaia on February 29th, 2020, 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
deadderek liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: February 29th, 2020, 10:13 am According to imdb the film opens a month later, 7th August in the UK.

I hope this is not the case. It will be impossible to avoid spoilers for a month.
Same here in Germany, let's meet in the Netherlands, it starts 9th July over there
Alphagaia liked this
Timo wrote: February 29th, 2020, 10:52 am
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: February 29th, 2020, 10:13 am According to imdb the film opens a month later, 7th August in the UK.

I hope this is not the case. It will be impossible to avoid spoilers for a month.
Same here in Germany, let's meet in the Netherlands, it starts 9th July over there

Starts July 2nd here.

Guys, you are welcome in my country. Watch out, I will show you around if I find out when and where you arrive!
Sav C, EddieSpenser liked this

I hope this changes. I also live in the UK and as you said, it will be impossible to avoid spoilers for that amount of time.

I didn't think they still had these huge gaps between US and UK releases anymore as it just ends up with the movie being pirated a result.
Timo wrote: February 29th, 2020, 8:11 am Next trailer in april
This is great news!
It's the 21st century, and films are more and more frequently either being distributed on hard drives, or some kind of digital download... Why are we still bloody well staggering film releases when we could release it internationally on the same day, and kick the butt of the film pirates in one fell swoop?

I'd be quite surprised if we end up with it not coming out until August, the U.K.'s usually been so close to the U.S. release dates in the past... I'm almost inclined to ignore IMDb (well, more than usual).
zeta otaku, groschopf, Sav C and 2 others liked this
Wafflerobot wrote: February 29th, 2020, 3:22 pm

I hope this changes. I also live in the UK and as you said, it will be impossible to avoid spoilers for that amount of time.

I didn't think they still had these huge gaps between US and UK releases anymore as it just ends up with the movie being pirated a result.
Timo wrote: February 29th, 2020, 8:11 am Next trailer in april
This is great news!
Coz of Brexit!
Wafflerobot liked this
You guys got me panicked for a moment... Luckily it drops on July 10th here in Canada as well. Can't believe it takes a whole month for it to be released in some other places!
Hairy Biker wrote: February 29th, 2020, 9:11 pm Coz of Brexit!
You know things are loony when the UK leaves the European Union and still looks comparatively better than the US and Canada...
Add me to the list of people who don't understand why in 2020 the staggered releases are still a thing.

I live in the U.S. and I'm terrified of spoilers because Australia gets the movie on July 2nd, a full week before we do. :/

Last edited by deadderek on March 1st, 2020, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sav C liked this
deadderek wrote:Add me to the list of people who don't understand why in 2020 the staggered releases are still a thing.

I live in the U.S. and I'm terrified of spoilers because Australia gets the movie on July 2nd, a full week before we do. :/

And chances are we'll have limited advance screenings here in Australia either on June 30th or July 1st. Same thing happens with most of the MCU films [emoji16]
Alphagaia wrote: February 29th, 2020, 3:08 pm

Guys, you are welcome in my country. Watch out, I will show you around if I find out when and where you arrive!
I'll be in Rotterdam at day 1. I'm the guy in khaki. :-)
Alphagaia, EddieSpenser liked this
deadderek wrote: March 1st, 2020, 12:37 am Add me to the list of people who don't understand why in 2020 the staggered releases are still a thing.

Well lets be fair, half our country burnt away while the other half drowned, i call this a win.
groschopf liked this
One thing about the staggered release date... completely fabricating a narrative here, but if Answer the Call did poorly in the UK - and given I went to an empty screening on opening day, it didn't do well - maybe they are opening late here because they're calculating the reviews and online hype from other regions will help drive the UK market?

Which would demonstrate confidence in the product and marketing strategy.

Or... <insert completely unrelated logistical reason>
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: March 1st, 2020, 5:13 am One thing about the staggered release date... completely fabricating a narrative here, but if Answer the Call did poorly in the UK - and given I went to an empty screening on opening day, it didn't do well - maybe they are opening late here because they're calculating the reviews and online hype from other regions will help drive the UK market?

Which would demonstrate confidence in the product and marketing strategy.

Or... <insert completely unrelated logistical reason>
The ATC screening I went on to opening day had 9 of us total. However I have a strong...psychic...belief...that this won't be like that at all.
deadderek wrote: March 1st, 2020, 5:25 am The ATC screening I went on to opening day had 9 of us total. However I have a strong...psychic...belief...that this won't be like that at all.
Yeah, the screening we went to a Lloyd Center in Portland had an abysmal turnout.

That was all of a week after Pokémon Go dropped, and the craze was in full swing on ATC's opening weekend. We drove by so many people standing outside in weird locations staring at their phones in an effort to collect Pokémon on our to the theater.

Let's hope another sweeping phenomena game doesn't land this July!
groschopf wrote: March 1st, 2020, 8:41 am
deadderek wrote: March 1st, 2020, 5:25 am The ATC screening I went on to opening day had 9 of us total. However I have a strong...psychic...belief...that this won't be like that at all.
Yeah, the screening we went to a Lloyd Center in Portland had an abysmal turnout.

That was all of a week after Pokémon Go dropped, and the craze was in full swing on ATC's opening weekend. We drove by so many people standing outside in weird locations staring at their phones in an effort to collect Pokémon on our to the theater.

I've been wondering if the covid 19 virus is going to affect the movie's openings. I suppose if it truely gets bad they'll delay the release.
groschopf liked this
If I was Sony I'd avoid markets that showed negative reaction to the previous movie, too. They have to protect their product and give the markets that show more favoritism the first go. That isn't rocket science, that's common sense. The Asia region overall was far more positive to the last film.

The big deal however, just like the last film is can they get a theatrical release in China.
groschopf liked this
Bison256 wrote: March 1st, 2020, 11:52 am
groschopf wrote: March 1st, 2020, 8:41 am

I've been wondering if the covid 19 virus is going to affect the movie's openings. I suppose if it truely gets bad they'll delay the release.
Writing from Northern Italy, outside the centre of the epidemic area. A couple of rainy days and some cold winds and the covid virus will be history.
groschopf liked this
Davideverona wrote: March 1st, 2020, 4:27 pm
Bison256 wrote: March 1st, 2020, 11:52 am
Writing from Northern Italy, outside the centre of the epidemic area. A couple of rainy days and some cold winds and the covid virus will be history.
Hopefully.

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]