Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
RedSpecial wrote: August 25th, 2019, 9:12 pm Perhaps the pack attached to the chair is Egon's, added after his passing with the remaining packs being attached to a shorter gurney?

Just pure speculation.
LOL! Would that be fitting or what? I am glad you said something because I was thinking the same thing. I mean I am really curious how many Old Proton Packs have survived these 31 years. It sure is fun to think about. I am really hoping that that pack truly is Egon's. It would be like he is still a big part of the action even if he is absent. Even know this is pure speculation I think you could be on to something. :):):)
Last edited by philmorgan81 on August 25th, 2019, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By mrmichaelt
groschopf wrote: August 25th, 2019, 8:48 pm It's from the Metro Detroit Ghostbusters:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1mwgfZA8e3/
RedSpecial wrote: August 25th, 2019, 8:50 pm That image is linked to my imgur account where I uploaded it to post here.

http://imgur.com/a/GbUkXXc

Here's the source where i originally got the pic https://www.facebook.com/groups/2907946 ... 277073543/
Thank you, both!
groschopf wrote: August 25th, 2019, 8:36 pm It looks like it was a modification made a long time ago, given the weathering.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Proton gun on the floor??
Hm. Y'know, just for the sake of discussion. In the two movies, did we ever see the rear passenger side door open? When the came to and/or left the Shandor building? Arriving at the Manhattan Museum of Art?

I recall the front driver door, passenger door, and the back were opened in scenes. If we haven't, then perhaps there's the chance it's always opened suicide style and the swing out chair could have always existed.
mrmichaelt wrote: August 26th, 2019, 1:43 am Hm. Y'know, just for the sake of discussion. In the two movies, did we ever see the rear passenger side door open? When the came to and/or left the Shandor building? Arriving at the Manhattan Museum of Art?

I recall the front driver door, passenger door, and the back were opened in scenes. If we haven't, then perhaps there's the chance it's always opened suicide style and the swing out chair could have always existed.
As Coover says, the door handle placement on the exterior of the ‘84 model Ecto makes it very unlikely, unless we accept that it was only ever meant to open from the inside.

EDIT: Double checking the new photos I see the handle has moved on the exterior of the new model, so I would think it likely a post ‘89 modification.
mrmichaelt liked this
By deadderek
At this point we've seen the "new" Ecto a million times over from every angle and yet I still can't see enough pictures.
Kingpin, groschopf, Sav C liked this
By groschopf
Hadn't really noticed these until right now, but...
By janeb984
groschopf wrote: August 26th, 2019, 6:59 am Hadn't really noticed these until right now, but...
Looks like the tanks of slime from shandor island to me... but like rusty
mrmichaelt wrote: August 26th, 2019, 1:43 am Hm. Y'know, just for the sake of discussion. In the two movies, did we ever see the rear passenger side door open? When the came to and/or left the Shandor building? Arriving at the Manhattan Museum of Art?

Yes when Peter steps out and says hello New York you can see the right back door start to open. :):):)
By timeware
groschopf wrote: August 26th, 2019, 6:59 am Hadn't really noticed these until right now, but...
Terror dog kennels.
FYI, the woman dressed as Egon from the Calgary GB is named Candace Schneider, very active on fb, very nice person.

Also, this wasn't filming, Twitter seems to indicate the production actually brought it to a Comic-Con, I believe in Drumheller, simply because they were already up there, as a fun little treat for attendees.
Kingpin, deadderek, Sav C liked this
groschopf wrote: August 26th, 2019, 2:20 pm So that Summerville Ghostbusters account might be legit.
Yeah, that’s pretty close, isn’t it?
By Coover5
The ion knob seen on Summerville Ghostbusters page always looked too new to me knowing just how much effort they (the film makers) were putting into aging.

as I said before
Coover5 wrote: July 3rd, 2019, 6:49 pm Any regular viewer of Antiques Roadshow will tell you one of the easiest ways to spot a fake is how it's aged. Even the best fakers with the best made replicas rarely get the aging process right.
Last edited by Coover5 on August 26th, 2019, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedSpecial liked this
By Kingpin
droidguy1119 wrote: August 26th, 2019, 1:53 pmAlso, this wasn't filming, Twitter seems to indicate the production actually brought it to a Comic-Con, I believe in Drumheller, simply because they were already up there, as a fun little treat for attendees.
My bad.
groschopf wrote: August 26th, 2019, 2:20 pm So that Summerville Ghostbusters account might be legit.
Hmmm... While it does appear to carry more weight than the photos before it... The account's going to have to work harder to convince me it's legit. Spoiling the little discovery of the Bacharach Sniffer, if it is a featured reference, seems a bit of a strike against the account being legit than a strike in its favour.

The newest Pack preview snapshot might be legitimate, but it's also the freshest photo on the account's page, and it's not the hardest thing to fake seeing as the photo of Wrecto's Pack mod has been doing the rounds the last few days.

Talking about the Pack, something I hadn't properly spotted until now, but it looks like it has the older-style rainbow ribbon cable, rather than the less colourful 1988/89 replacement. :)
robbritton liked this
By groschopf
I'm usually pretty skeptical myself. Perhaps this is someone going to extraordinary effort to fake the photos. Certainly nothing is conclusive until we have more information.

But we just saw close-up pics of the seat-mounted proton pack yesterday. Kind of nuts that think that within 24 hours, someone has nothing better to do than dummy up pics to impress news with. But stranger things have happened.

That said...
Coover5 wrote: August 26th, 2019, 3:13 pm The last two photos might be real but the ion knob they show in the newest photo is far more aged than the previous one indicating that at least the earlier ones were fake.
For all we know, they were at the con where Wreckto appeared and simply took photos of the real thing to try and bolster their scam IG.
RedSpecial, robbritton liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]