Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By YHSCraig
I figured this would eventually be a thread, so here we go!

We know that Mattel has has the master toy license for the last decade, and to everyone's knowledge, that deal is still in place? Are we expecting a great line of figures from this new movie? The ATC line was pretty underwhelming and kind of sputtered out quickly; do we think that GB20 has the potential to launch a succesful on-going line of figures like Jurassic World?
By RedSpecial
It really depends how well received the movie is.
If it hits the mark with fans they'll clamour for tie in merch and the line could have decent longevity with multiple waves across various licensee's

If its a lukewarm reception or worse , it'll likely fizzle out pretty quickly after an initial wave of merch.
By tylergfoster
It's hard to say not knowing what the movie will be like. I feel like this is going for something different tone-wise, so the kind of toys they made for 2016 might not totally apply.

I'm a big Funko Pop! guy, so I'm hoping for some of those (maybe they can do Ghostbusters II, as well...).
Alphagaia liked this
By Alphagaia
Am I the only one who does not care for ecto cooler?

Maybe it's because we never had it in the Netherlands, but it seems just such a trivial thing to want.
By 910dohead
I can't speculate on what will be made in the toyline because I know very little about who is who or what is what in the new film. However, I do know which company has the rights for the movie toyline. If the upcoming movie is actually great and satisfies the fandom, then the toyline is also going to be as equally amazing.

Another revival of Ecto Cooler would also be great, but they really would need to do a better job of distributing it. It really was a pain in the ass trying to find it. Then when it seemed to have disappeared from shelves, all of the sudden 99 cent stores literally had pallets and pallets of the stuff priced to fly out of the door. I wasn't complaining but the stock was weeks away from the printed expiration date.
By CosmoBubba
910dohead wrote: August 13th, 2019, 3:17 pmAnother revival of Ecto Cooler would also be great, but they really would need to do a better job of distributing it. It really was a pain in the ass trying to find it. Then when it seemed to have disappeared from shelves, all of the sudden 99 cent stores literally had pallets and pallets of the stuff priced to fly out of the door. I wasn't complaining but the stock was weeks away from the printed expiration date.
I’ll second that, if only because I never did see Ecto Cooler in stores. I bought a few cans from the local Cinemark theater during a screening of the original movie, and I managed to get two cases of juice boxes from the Western Kentucky Ghostbusters franchise at a local convention, and that’s all I ever saw.
By Kingpin
Maybe a Playmobil set or two to coincide. I'd love to see Lego release a tie in, in follow-up to previous sets, and it'd be a lot of saved work: re-release the Ecto-1 with rust stickers,
This Post Contains Spoilers
, with minifigs of the most important characters, and maybe paired up with
This Post Contains Spoilers

I bet we'll get a die-cast replica of the run-down Ecto-1, probably Hotwheels/Johnny Lightning, maybe one of the bigger releases as well.
By SpaceBallz
Alphagaia wrote: August 13th, 2019, 2:38 pm Am I the only one who does not care for ecto cooler?

Maybe it's because we never had it in the Netherlands, but it seems just such a trivial thing to want.
Im not gonna lie, the taste isn't the greatest. I think people mostly love it for nostalgic purposes. If they re-release the Ghostbusters cereal I'd buy it in a heart beat and squint whilst I choke down the bran and sugar but smile on the inside .
By Glenn Frederick
Not to make this thread completely about ECTO Cooler but it was a popular drink years before Coca-Cola slapped the word "ECTO" and a picture of Slimer on the box.

It used to be called Citrus Cooler so it wasn't just a marketing plan to make a Hi-C Ghostbusters drink, it has its Fans!
deadderek liked this
By deadderek
Oh boy someone dropped the ball on the distribution of Ecto Cooler in 2016 that's for sure.

Hopefully they do better this time around. :)
Glenn Frederick liked this
By Seth Rex
I would like a proper Ecto 1 to go with the new movie. The one for ATC was a bit TOO kiddy, and that's saying something considering Playmobil made 2 perfect Ectomobiles.
By Kingpin
Seth Rex wrote: August 15th, 2019, 10:17 am I would like a proper Ecto 1 to go with the new movie. The one for ATC was a bit TOO kiddy, and that's saying something considering Playmobil made 2 perfect Ectomobiles.
Do you mean the one with the Slimer figure? The LEGO and matchbox renditions were pretty good.
Alphagaia liked this
By Seth Rex
Kingpin wrote: August 15th, 2019, 11:32 am
Seth Rex wrote: August 15th, 2019, 10:17 am I would like a proper Ecto 1 to go with the new movie. The one for ATC was a bit TOO kiddy, and that's saying something considering Playmobil made 2 perfect Ectomobiles.
Do you mean the one with the Slimer figure? The LEGO and matchbox renditions were pretty good.
Yeah, that one.
By ghoulishfright
Alphagaia wrote: August 13th, 2019, 2:38 pm Am I the only one who does not care for ecto cooler?

Of course you would think that if you've never had it. Ecto Cooler is like the nectar of the gods! It tastes kinda like Mountain Dew, but more orangey and smooth. Plus, it's the principle of the thing. Discontinuing Ecto Cooler has been the single greatest snack injustice of the last century.
By RealGhostbusterJay
I have some hope with Hasbro but also some worries. Kids in general just don't buy toys as much, Spirit has done well with the products they've released and hopefully will keep them in the event that Hasbro maybe doesn't deliver RP items at the same level. I sadly don't see them releasing general figure lines like star wars, I see it more like the diamond select lines or black series star wars where we have 6 inch figures aimed more at display. I would love to be way wrong however and see 3.75 inch figures that are readily available at general toy stores.
By deadderek
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: September 23rd, 2019, 12:59 pm I have some hope with Hasbro but also some worries. Kids in general just don't buy toys as much, Spirit has done well with the products they've released and hopefully will keep them in the event that Hasbro maybe doesn't deliver RP items at the same level. I sadly don't see them releasing general figure lines like star wars, I see it more like the diamond select lines or black series star wars where we have 6 inch figures aimed more at display. I would love to be way wrong however and see 3.75 inch figures that are readily available at general toy stores.
2016 toys languished on the shelves, but there were plenty of them for those few interested.

I have my doubts 2020 will have a HUGE assortment, but I do believe we'll get new figures.

20 bucks says we'll see "Classic" merchandise come out with the new stuff again.
By Kingpin
A little tidbit I just came across:
Hasbro has been named as the worldwide master toy licensee for Ghostbusters and will create a wide variety of toys for the film’s release in 2020 that will appeal to Ghostbusters fans of every age
-Source
deadderek liked this
By TheWug102
Since Hasbro has this, I almost would bet it's safe to say we'll be seeing some "black series" type props like what they did with Lightsabers and Helmets for Star Wars. Probably re-releases of the Ecto-Goggles and PKE Meter for sure, if not the trap and maybe wand (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE).
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]