Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By DinkyInky
In real life, I'm short, and friends called me Dinky. I used to play EverQuest(no time to play much now, or I'd still be addicted to the Raid), a Dark Elf ShadowKnight. Dark Elves are short and inky blue.

DinkyInky

It kinda stuck.

For some reason it wouldn't let me use my other nickname, and this one went through, and the rest is history.
By gamera1968
Gamera is the giant turtle from those old Japanese monster movies who can fly like a UFO, and breath fire, plus 1968 is the year I was born [ grew up watching all those Japanese monster movies in the late '70s ]

Plus Gamera just sounds cool to my GF :)
By Son of Spengler
After watching GBII at work (We had a DVD player in the break room. Only good thing about that job.), someone mentioned that I kind of looked like Egon. I already had the tall hair and pointy chin. Spengler had to be part of the name, and Son of Spengler just rolls off the tongue.

Go forward a few years, and someone at my current job saw me and said,"Dude, that guy has Butt-head's hair." Some people have no clue.
By TheRealPonyboy
It was Aug 2002, my 23rd birthday. I had moved to Florida for a short time to finish up my schooling. My flatmates at the time were throwing me a big birthday due (although they'd use any excuse they could to throw a party) which I was unaware of . They hired a DJ... and printed up about 300 flyers to pass out to the local college kids.

When I got off work, the drinking had already begun. Now, in those days I was a bit less responsible. Let's just say I was under the influence of certain substances... so by the time the party started at 9pm... we (the housemates) were already fooked!

I went to my bathroom at some point to take a leak, but somehow, some of the party goers managed to get in my room and were shagging (the door was originally locked)... anyway, when you're messed up and you gotta pee, you gotta pee right?

Now according to eyewitness... I staggered thru the crowd to the back yard. (Mind you I don't recall this part of the night). After about twenty minutes, I got that fleeting moment of clarity that suddenly comes over you and you sober up? I was seated on a sofa and I realized a small crowd of the party goers were standing around laughing. A polite young lady leaned over to me and said "honey, your d*ck is hanging out of your pants." After I zipped up, to thunderous applause and laughter... I was told that I had passed out while pissing on the fence. My flatmates (being generally awesome) neglected to fix my pants.

The next day, all my mates started calling me "Ponyboy" (my hair was more blonde then, ala the Outsiders)... because I apparently "killed at that party." Not long afterwards, rumours of that party filtered through my co-workers at Best Buy, who began calling me Pony as well. It was just a name that stuck... and to this day, I'm still known by it.

I even began dating the girl who pointed out that my wang was hanging out of my pants... turns out, she worked at Best Buy as well and I didn't even know it! (The store was across the street from our flat). So there you go. That's the Ponyboy story.
By Rhapsody
TheRealPonyboy....I want to guess where you went to school in Orlando, FL okay?

Full Sail?
(I'm a dork playing a dumb guessing game)
That's a total guess. For all I know it was UCF but your posts reveal otherwise.
By Super Sleuth
Pretty much everything I love goes to the basis of deduction, imagination, and scientific reasoning. I love finding out new things and, though Im not the greatest at it by far, solving riddles. Besides when my friends need info on things or people they normally ask me to find out for them. So Sleuth just kinda seemed natural.
By TheRealPonyboy
Rhapsody wrote:TheRealPonyboy....I want to guess where you went to school in Orlando, FL okay?

Full Sail?
(I'm a dork playing a dumb guessing game)
That's a total guess. For all I know it was UCF but your posts reveal otherwise.

Haha... No, it was not full sail.
By Rhapsody
Oh. Ha. :D I lose.
I was just trying to figure out why someone from New Zealand would go to Orlando, FL to get degreed. No need to reveal which university/college or course, but when Orlando is mentioned in any context, it makes me think of home even though I grew up elsewhere. I lived there for ten years and many of my true friends still live there.It's such a transient place that when great friends are found, they somehow 'stick.'

Thread-derail. Sorry.

On topic: I'm Rhapsody because...umm.....well, the truth is...no rhyme or reason to it. It's just a pretty word to me.
By TheRealPonyboy
Heaps of my family live in America (my gramps retired to Florida and lives just north of Orlando). It was about as far away as I could get, so I picked Florida. My brother lives in Atlanta and my mother is retired in Tennessee. We love America! ;)
By Troy
Rhapsody wrote: On topic: I'm Rhapsody because...umm.....well, the truth is...no rhyme or reason to it. It's just a pretty word to me.
M - I choose to derail this thread to tell you how great it is that you are here and posting...

/end St. Patrick's Day booze filled love

Back on topic, NetSolo hath officially been retired.

I just found out that a small upstart design company is using it as their new moniker and, being that I wish for our economy to rise again with the help of small business, I'm hoping the disappearance of the name all over message boards will help them get some notice on the interweb searches, etc.

Plus, after hiding behind the name since 1995... you guys all know me by name anyway.

RIP NetSolo 1995 - 2010... it ain't the years, it's the mileage.
By Mr. Ghostbuster
<- Because I'm a huge fan of the Ghostbusters
By EctoGlow
I went to the grapevine mall here in grapevine texas, to a specialty store called robotica. I was browsing around they had some stuff, toys from the early 90's and little nick nacks of old school hero stuff. As I was walking out I saw a turn stall wrack of extreme ghostbusters figs and I start looking through them, I have them all. As I turned the stall to see what was on the other side....I fell to me knees....on the other side of this 3 foot tall spinning display there they were 15 MOC The Real Ghostbusters EctoGlow series figures for 5.00 a piece.......I.....I couldn't breath.......I picked everyone of them up off the display and bought them on the spot......that and I just like the name EctoGlow it's got a ring to it.....True story though.
By Derek
I got it from a "10" named Bo...

Plus it's my name..

Derek
By Tadao
Tadao is my middle name. Be envious that I'm more Jap than you homosexuals.
By Tadao
I still have your women.
By EctoDeath
I just figured it sounded cool. I seem to trade off between EctoDeath and EctoSpinner at random when I make accounts. EctoSpinner is a pretty simple one to explain though. I like the car from Ghostbusters and I like the car from Bladerunner.
By HauntedWallflower
"Haunted" to fit in with the GB fandom, plus I love reading about haunted places and metaphorically-haunted people (I consider myself that kind of person, in a way). "Wallflower" because I can be a wallflower when meeting sooooo many people for the first time. Besides, as much as I loved the Haunted Geranium episode of RGB (Watched it for the 1st time last year!!), I couldn't exactly call myself that, cos I've never grown a geranium in my life. So HauntedWallflower it is.
By fearless-freak
a friend of mine gave it to me after seeing me put myself in a very dangerous and stupid stunt when i was younger which he followed up with a Hunter S Thompson quote "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
By Bangoose
Bangus is the name of a fish that is a popular dish in the Philippines often served at breakfast with rice,a bbq sausage and eggs

I just changed the spelling a little thats all.
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]