Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
I've been thinking about this theory for the last couple of years and I was wondering what you guys think about it.
What if everything that has happened in the 2 Ghostbusters movie is just in Peter's head.

Some points to support my theory:
- At the beginning of the first movie while Peter is giving negative reinforcement test to the two students points the pencil at his head asking the female student to think about it.
- Peter is the main character of the 2 movies, there is no doubt about this in my head that he is the protagonist of both movies.
- The other 3 Ghostbusters are his split personalities.

From my point of view Peter has been committed and everything is happening only in his head from a psychiatric ward.

What do you guys think?
gozer_the_traveller wrote:I've been thinking about this theory for the last couple of years and I was wondering what you guys think about it.
What if everything that has happened in the 2 Ghostbusters movie is just in Peter's head.

Some points to support my theory:
- At the beginning of the first movie while Peter is giving negative reinforcement test to the two students points the pencil at his head asking the female student to think about it.
- Peter is the main character of the 2 movies, there is no doubt about this in my head that he is the protagonist of both movies.
- The other 3 Ghostbusters are his split personalities.

From my point of view Peter has been committed and everything is happening only in his head from a psychiatric ward.

What do you guys think?
Well supposedly Peter is supposed to be the de facto leader of the Ghostbusters although I don't know if that's official so you could say he is the protagonist. As for him imagining the whole thing Im not sure if that's what Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis had in mind but I've seen that similar theory applied to the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off, another 80s masterpiece, where Ferris's friend Cameron is imagining the whole thing including Ferris himself which makes Ferris just an imaginary friend of the introverted Cameron which does kind of make sense, after all lets face it why would Ferris, one of the most popular guys in school, be best friends with somebody who scores zero on the social scale? Of course for somebody who does score zero like Cameron it would be their dream to be best friends with somebody such as Ferris which makes all the more sense why Ferris would be imaginary. Getting a bit off topic here, I never heard of such a theory being applied to Ghostbusters although it is an interesting theory. Hmm, something to look into.
gozer_the_traveller wrote: - The other 3 Ghostbusters are his split personalities.
That could work actually, like maybe Egon is the side of Venkman that does want to be a scientist, and Ray is the nagging reminder in his head that he never wants to commit. ;)
Winston1986 wrote:I don't like this theory. I don't like it at all. Frankly it's just crazy to me that anyone would think that.
Absolutely 100% agreed.
Tony Bondioli wrote:It's interesting as a "What if...?" mental exercise, but nothing more. There is nothing to suggest that this was, in any way, a consideration of the creators of Ghostbusters.
I agree with this as well.

This is maybe a fun little game to play in your own mind, but it ends there. There's nothing to suggest this theory has any kind of legs, especially when one of the "legs" of the tripod of your theory is:
gozer_the_traveller wrote:- Peter is the main character of the 2 movies, there is no doubt about this in my head that he is the protagonist of both movies.
With this kind of "support" than every movie ever could be in the "main character's head."

It's just silly.
Tony Bondioli liked this

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]