Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By Dreamstalker
I'm finally out of the hell I've endured for the past....5 years.

My new job is at a brand-new marketplace (grocery, restaurants, quick-service counters, massive wine section and food/cooking classes) opening downtown--they took over the entire food court of an upscale mall. Most of the products are direct Italian imports, and the rest are small local producers. I actually tagged along to an open interview with a friend who had applied; the grocery manager talked with me a bit and all but hired me on the spot. The application process was pretty much a formality.

My new position is still in grocery, but there's a ton of potential for cross-training in any area (I think my manager was impressed with my IT background--typically grocery and IT don't mix and I think he wanted someone who could communicate between departments--or fix minor problems myself--should the need arise). The department manager knows my skills and interests and is trying to let me do as much as possible (I'm already receiving product--checked in about 4 pallets of of olive oil over the past 2 days, came up with a system in the warehouse to organize the rest and now we have to find a way to hide or return the backstock that can't physically go anywhere else). Guaranteed 40 hours a week which is what I need. The place opens to the public at the end of this month.

This is gonna be awesome.
By Dreamstalker
Yup. This year I'll actually have money to get presents for people. Yay for a consistent schedule too.

And just found out my supervisor and 2 coworkers are ghostheads, too :cool:
By IDDQD
Congrats mate! If you don't mind me asking, which grocer are you working with? I ask because I work for a major grocer in the US (third largest retailer in the world, hint..), also in the IT field (User Experience) and there are a TON of opportunities in IT/grocery.. Reach out to me via PM for more info, or to chat.
    Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]