Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By Noremon
I have lots of scrap corrugated plastic leftover from a project I did. Now I know from experience that paint doesn't adhere well to it at all. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get paint to adhere?

I thought of using fine grit sandpaper but there's still the sides. I also thought maybe a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser might help? Or spraying it with like artist sealant. The clear spray stuff used to seal in charcoal or chalk.
By Styrofoam_Guy
Sanding and priming is one way to go. I would use a 400-600 grit sandpaper.

There are spray paints by Krylon that are made to bond to plastics so that is another way to go.

I never liked the edges so that is why I have not used this material much. You could bevel the edges and butt them up like the corner of a wooden frame but that is a lot more work to make look good.
Noremon liked this
By Noremon
I bought a full sheet to cut into shelves for an old bathroom shelving unit converted to storage shelves because I wanted something that would be alright in the damp. It was finicky to cut because the corners can be damaged so easy :-/ But I have so much left I thought I might as well use it up for Hallowe'en.

The edges kinda suck, but can provide an interesting look. But they're why I worry about sanding since getting into the edge grooves isn't possible so primer mught not stick. I'll look into plastic spray paint though! Thank-you for a.brand.

I painted the shelving unit in a recreational vehicle off white hardy rust paint the brand of which I have never had problems sticking to stuff even without sanding prior. I tried a test of painting the corrugated plastic and it just kibda pooled on it. I'd painted plastics with it before and it was an unexpected reaction.

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker scen[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]