Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By Noremon
I have lots of scrap corrugated plastic leftover from a project I did. Now I know from experience that paint doesn't adhere well to it at all. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get paint to adhere?

I thought of using fine grit sandpaper but there's still the sides. I also thought maybe a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser might help? Or spraying it with like artist sealant. The clear spray stuff used to seal in charcoal or chalk.
By Styrofoam_Guy
Sanding and priming is one way to go. I would use a 400-600 grit sandpaper.

There are spray paints by Krylon that are made to bond to plastics so that is another way to go.

I never liked the edges so that is why I have not used this material much. You could bevel the edges and butt them up like the corner of a wooden frame but that is a lot more work to make look good.
Noremon liked this
By Noremon
I bought a full sheet to cut into shelves for an old bathroom shelving unit converted to storage shelves because I wanted something that would be alright in the damp. It was finicky to cut because the corners can be damaged so easy :-/ But I have so much left I thought I might as well use it up for Hallowe'en.

The edges kinda suck, but can provide an interesting look. But they're why I worry about sanding since getting into the edge grooves isn't possible so primer mught not stick. I'll look into plastic spray paint though! Thank-you for a.brand.

I painted the shelving unit in a recreational vehicle off white hardy rust paint the brand of which I have never had problems sticking to stuff even without sanding prior. I tried a test of painting the corrugated plastic and it just kibda pooled on it. I'd painted plastics with it before and it was an unexpected reaction.

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]