Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By G.I.T.
Wondering if anyone has any feedback (experience) with submissions to LEGO Ideas?

I have been working in LEGO Digital designer for the past year, designing models for myself since it's easier to build on a computer and not have to fight with the cat for LEGO pieces. I have designed my own version of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and plan to build the model for myself to put with the rest of my Monster LEGOs. I would consider submitting to LEGO Ideas, but figured I'd ask around first.

I am aware that Playmobil has the license for Ghostbusters now, so does that affect the Lego license at all?

Thanks.
By timeware
I check out Lego Ideas every so often. I was keeping an eye on the Johnny 5 set that unfortunately Lego decided they couldn't produce. It had gotten past the 10,000 support mark. They did decide to go ahead with the Voltron set so I say go for it. Post the pictures here and if you get a decent response people should vote for it.

I would love to see a stay puft that's actually the size of the lego fire house and doesn't cost a grand. If you get past the review stage and they decide they cant produce it you have your answer. If it can be built before you decide to submit that should help the project along a bit easier.
G.I.T. liked this
By Mercifull
A Stay Puft even built to the size of the firehouse itself would nowhere near cost that figure. The majority of the money for these sets are actually for the minifigs. You can go on eBay and get big sets like Classic Batman's cave for a fraction of the price but it doesn't come with minifigs. A large stay puft is also likely to use larger bricks too which also lowers the cost. There's obviously the licensing cost attached though which is something I cannot speculate on.
By G.I.T.
Currently my design stands a bit over 9 inches high, which is about as tall as the Star Wars AT-ST set, but falls short of the 14 inches of the firehouse. Once I actually order the pieces and build it then I might be able to add to its height. My Stay Puft design was inspired by the old action figure, and the idea is to have it be low cost, an easy build, playable, and be able to sit on a shelf.

I'll post pictures of the design when I have the time after the holidays. Glad to see that there is the support out there for the big guy in LEGO form.
By JaysOccult
Brent Waller (of Lego Ecto 1 fame) had also submitted his brick built Stay Puft which was as tall as the firehouse. It hit 10k votes, but failed to be approved as a set. Thoughts I read were on account of the stability of the model and lack of “playability”. So if you do submit your own MOC, maybe add a couple more things to go along with it... building for him to knock over or something maybe (don’t think they’d approve a church to step on, lol)

I took advantage of Brent’s generosity and used his LDD files to order parts off brick owl and recreate his design. It’s huge and awesome! I also slightly modded the Lego Batman Movie Arkham Asylum GCPD cruiser designs and ordered bricks to build a couple NYPD police cars. Added a taxi for the ghost driver while I was at it.
MasterOod, G.I.T. liked this
By Alex Newborn
I didn't really like the look of any of the brick-built Stay-Pufts.

After seeing the design of Stay-Puft in Lego Dimensions, I decided to go with a scaled-up minifig look.

This is the result of combining a vinyl bank and a Lego Stormtrooper big-fig flashlight.

Alex
MasterOod, G.I.T. liked this
By G.I.T.
Here it is. My Stay Puft Marshmallow Man LEGO Designer model.
Stability is a concern with the ball joints, but there are alternatives that I'd try with a full build. I also plan to make his eyes move back and forth like a puppets, so his face might be redesigned. The other problem with building a model is that some of the pieces that I used in Designer aren't available in that color, but some acrylic model paint will fix that if need be.
By timeware
It's a good design. When you build it I would like to suggest maybe a different vehicle other then ecto for scale? Maybe the ecto 2 or a food truck with a slimer theme. The addition of the vehicle would add more mini figures to the set.
By G.I.T.
Not sure if the images uploaded last time, but I remodeled the face anyway. Thanks for the suggestions, timeware. A NYC hot dog stand would be great, and Dickless could be a mini figure. :walterpeck: I considered Gozer, but the roof top scene is almost a LEGO set in itself. The Ecto-1 is just for size comparison. It is the exact build by Brent Waller that gave us LEGO Ghostbusters.

By timeware
Face looks better. Part of me wants to see the other side with Stay Pufts angry face when the GB's roast him on the apartment buildings roof.

This would be a good excuse for Lego to redo the GB figures with marshmallow stains on their uniforms.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]