Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By Ectobond
This past weekend, I went to Great Wolf Lodge in Colorado with my family. For the month of October, the hotel chain does a nightly trick or treat event for kids. My brother opted to rock his Ghostbusters 2 jumpsuit with the Spirit pack I nodded.

While we were checking in, my dad, who was wearing a Ghostbusters shirt, wandered off in his usual fashion. He excitedly returned some time later and told me he met a guy who worked on the packs. He showed me to one of the employees- a man in his 60s with a heavy Australian accent.

He introduced himself as Peter Greenwood. A later Google search would reveal he is a renaissance man in the film industry. He told me how he worked on proton packs for an amusement park ride, which I believe was the Spooktacular. He also gave me a run down of some movies he worked, which included Ghostbusters 2. He was very nice and we chatted for some time about Ghostbusters.

Later, my brother was trick or treating in his kit. We ran into Mr. Greenwood again. He went over the pack with a scrutinous eye and pointed out some inconsistencies. I was pleased when he pointed out that the dry brushing on the pack was very "spot on." I have been working on my dry brushing lately and felt validated by someone who might have put hands on the packs.

I was not able to find him credited to the film, but I imagine that he may have omitted it from his iMDB page. He may have had a minor job on set which would not have credited him. He seemed to know what he was talking about though, so I am taking him on good faith.
One time liked this
By Ectobond
Not a lot of stories from the set, as he was at work. He did say that when he did work for [the spooktacular?] The pack labels were hard to find. He also briefly mentioned the acrylic tube was rough. He kind of put down Ghostbusters 2 almost like it's embarrassing to say, which is a bummer.

Would have been nice to chat with him more
By One time
Ectobond wrote: October 20th, 2018, 10:50 pm Not a lot of stories from the set, as he was at work. He did say that when he did work for [the spooktacular?] The pack labels were hard to find. He also briefly mentioned the acrylic tube was rough. He kind of put down Ghostbusters 2 almost like it's embarrassing to say, which is a bummer.

Would have been nice to chat with him more
Hmm, the acrylic tube for GB2 was rough? I wonder if he meant as in matte? Like a bit translucent instead of totally clear transparent?

Also the labels, yeah I heard they were actual metal labels that were used on the props back then, and not the printed decals proppers use now.

I've never seen the genuine labels that were used on those packs loose anywhere.
By Kingpin
One time wrote: October 20th, 2018, 10:54 pmHmm, the acrylic tube for GB2 was rough? I wonder if he meant as in matte? Like a bit translucent instead of totally clear transparent?
He may've meant "rough" - as in hard to reproduce.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]