By Ronnyboy
With Halloween coming up, a few of my friends are buying cheap Ghostbuster costumes. They all made there own PKE meters out of stud finders, plastic, cardboard and what ever else they could find. Now, a few of them want Ecto-Goggles. They are also big gamers and pre-ordered Call of Duty Modern Warefare 2 Veteran Edition. With this comes cheap NVG's.

They asked me if they would be good enough to pass as Ecto Goggles Mk. II. I told them to cover up the logo's on top and they could pass.

So what do you guys think, would they pass even for a regular Ghostbuster (like me) to be used as a fake or new ecto goggle?
By Some_Guy
I'm not really sure you can label $150 cheap. Maybe if you're a millionaire.

I built mine for $25. Welding Goggles. PVC piping. Spray paint.

Not to mention those are 1970-80s styled NVG (I believe. Don't quote me on that.), which means they're big, they're clunky, and they're HEAVY.
By The Roach On Twelve
Some_Guy wrote:
Not to mention those are 1970-80s styled NVG (I believe. Don't quote me on that.), which means they're big, they're clunky, and they're HEAVY.
I believe they are to.

The one light source inlet is a give away that they are prior.
By secrecyguy
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Some_Guy wrote:I'm not really sure you can label $150 cheap. Maybe if you're a millionaire.

I built mine for $25. Welding Goggles. PVC piping. Spray paint.

This game set comes with:

- full game
- night vision goggles
- Call of Duty classic full downloadable game
- art book
- steel book case

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Warfare ... 709&sr=8-2

Now if you buy it all separately, the game probably will cost around $50, the night vision goggles probably will cost around $100, the classic game probably will cost $10, the artbook will probably cost another $10, and the steel book case will probably cost another $10. The total cost may end up running for $180.

Probably the only way to cut cost is to include a really cheapo night version goggles to the game set.

So that's why I wonder how good it really is.
By Some_Guy
It's said they're valued at $400. I doubt it though.

Just tell your friends to shop at Home Depot for some slightly more accurate goggles that can be made easily.
By The Roach On Twelve
Some_Guy wrote:It's said they're valued at $400. I doubt it though.

Just tell your friends to shop at Home Depot for some slightly more accurate goggles that can be made easily.
For First Gen. I would say more like 200$.

But ya.

Check home depot.
By Ronnyboy
Alright, thanks guys. I myself will be going with these until I can make my own set. I guess I am to lazy to actually WORK to make my own goggles!
By The Roach On Twelve
Ronnyboy wrote:Alright, thanks guys. I myself will be going with these until I can make my own set. I guess I am to lazy to actually WORK to make my own goggles!
Ya.....

Halloween is still like 55 days away.

I think you can do a pair of goggles in almost an hour.
By Nerdy NotionZ
welding goggles from Home Depot - $11
small PVC parts - $2
Metal tube for end of goggles - $1
Making a good looking pair of ECTO Goggles - Priceless

You can make some good looking goggles with welding goggles, PVC, and a small metal part and just hotglue to hold it together.

May take you about 5 mins to finish
By TD-443
Ronnyboy wrote:I have to go out and do that then! Does anyone here have the specific sizes for the metal tube and pvc?
This is one of the great tutorials provided here: http://www.gbfans.com/image.php?url=/im ... ggle_2.jpg

It tells you everything you need to buy and what there called. After you spray them with the olive drab camo spray paint dust the, with baby powder the next day to get rid of the stickies.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]