Last edited by crusader_x on November 26th, 2010, 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fantastic! I love "modernized" and re-imagined gear and this doesn't break the Ghostbusters aesthetic!

The lights are brilliant as well, what are they attached to besides the wires? Are there multiple plastic lenses in there?
TankHammer wrote:Fantastic! I love "modernized" and re-imagined gear and this doesn't break the Ghostbusters aesthetic!

The lights are brilliant as well, what are they attached to besides the wires? Are there multiple plastic lenses in there?
There is the original plastic plate inside the goggle body that the lenses are attached to, this is where I drilled a hole and mounted the LED which is just slightly offset from where your field of vision is. I made another lens from Lexan for the end of all 3 protruding optic extensions which helps reflect and diffuse the blue LED. Having the LED mounted offset from center lets you be able to look through the lens and see just fine while the lights are on.
Thanks for the feedback :D
Do you have some simple instructions as to how you wired the LEDs into your Ver 7 build? I bought the LED bulbs and 9V battery connector. Do I just need a basic 2 prong ON/OFF Rocker switch? If so, which wire goes to which prong?

Also, what size screws did you use to screw the lenses to the clear window?

What width PVC did you use for the lenses?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get this done before Halloween.

Thanks.
da_rambler20 wrote:Do you have some simple instructions as to how you wired the LEDs into your Ver 7 build? I bought the LED bulbs and 9V battery connector. Do I just need a basic 2 prong ON/OFF Rocker switch? If so, which wire goes to which prong?

Also, what size screws did you use to screw the lenses to the clear window?

What width PVC did you use for the lenses?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get this done before Halloween.

Thanks.
Sorry I didn't see this post until 2/2015. No I do not have a wiring guide because there are a lot of tutorials out there for learning how to wire up LEDs. The switches I'm using are SPST (Single Pole, Single Throw) so yeah it's just a 2 prong switch that bridges the connection, so it doesn't matter which wire goes to which prong, the switch will bridge that connection when thrown.
As for the screws, I believe I was using #2 brass wood screws to screw into the PVC coupling, but nowadays I add a layer of PVC inside the coupling to make it thicker and use #4 3/8 screws drilling into the gap between the PVC and the coupling. Hard to explain, easier to show, which is why I need to make a new guide.

The lenses are size 1 inch PVC couplings.
    New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]