By Warrenzo
So with the Uniform, Pack and Trap all built it's time to start building something else :) And this time its the Ecto Goggles!! So we begin with a fiberglass mold of an original pair of Israeli Night Vision Goggles that i got off a guy from the UK Ghostbusters. And i have to say they are of awesome quality!!

I'll come back to those in a moment. Next there is a front plate required to hold the lenses in place. It was cut from a piece of aluminnium and then holes added to house the lenses.

There's also a back plate that goes on the inside of the goggles. This should also be made from aluminnium, but after a long drawn out dispute with someone over him not sending me the bits i needed, he soon sorted it and sent me a resin back plate as compensation. Here's a pic of both the front and back plates.

Ok, back to the frames! To begin with, u gotta be able to see out the lenses so a hole was cut in the middle of the frames....like so...

I then moved onto the Lenses which came from Nick-a-Tron.

I had to make a little triangular type tab for the larger lense. I managed to wittle down a small piece of plastic which before hand looked very like it , but had to make it fit the round lense and glue it on with Plastic Weld.

So while that was drying i drilled a hole in the bottom of the resin Battery cover to hold it in place when installed.

More updates soon
Kingpin, Sutton621 liked this
By Kingpin
Off to a good start. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread as I have a couple of those fibreglass shells, and one a couple of those metal lense frames.
By Warrenzo
Ok so i finally managed to get some more work done on these. I painted the outter (Metal) faceplate Olive Drab Green and the Inner plate black

Next i added all the snaps, side knobs and decals to the frames. Here u can see i've also painted the battery cover black and added it to the frames also.

After i painted up the lenses and added the knobs, decals and green perspex, i dropped the outter faceplate over them, ready to be installed onto the frames.

Sutton621, Kingpin, jackdoud and 2 others liked this
By stantz
Just about to start my goggle build so this will be very handy, great work!!
By ghostfan003
I would have loved to see how you went about attaching all the button snaps. By looking at the photos it appears you epoxied them on?
By ghostfan003
Warrenzo wrote:I did indeed, yeah. I used an epoxy called Plastic Weld by Bondloc

Thanks!
    Reboot Proton Pack build 2016

Hi Y'all! :) I am resurrecting this thread because[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I thought 6 inch was 6 inch.. I just looked the m[…]