By _ecto84
Got it yesterday. Chose ups standard. A little smaller than my an/pvs reps. Overall I like them. Animation of slimer and bonus stuff are ok if that.
Last edited by Kingpin on August 17th, 2013, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed forum stretching
SPJ liked this
By ProtonCharger
now. what are the animations like? not the "they look like a toy" but are they like a hologram?
By _ecto84
yeh helps to pay the extra UPS fee and not wait 2 weeks with usps transit times..but yeh the paint is off a few shades..but its a display item not gonna bring these out in public.
By _ecto84
It basically pics up the beeping from the pke. Nothing fancy. Little pieces of plastic amplifying the speaker on the pke and a piece of plastic swapped with the bottom visor knob which receives or detects the beeps. No Bluetooth or anything that synchs the two props.
By wegotthetools
_ecto84 wrote:It basically pics up the beeping from the pke. Nothing fancy. Little pieces of plastic amplifying the speaker on the pke and a piece of plastic swapped with the bottom visor knob which receives or detects the beeps. No Bluetooth or anything that synchs the two props.
dose it seem to work good?
By Michael Gonsoski
I for one think these are pretty neat. While they are about 10-20% smaller that my pvs-5 replicas they serve their purpose as ecto goggles. I will probably be scanning the labels and printing them out on my own sticker paper or modifying the already availible file to fit the Matty goggles better. My only gripe about them, really, is the thumb screws seem a bit to big and somewhat off to me. With that said, while these are designed for the "adult collector" my kids have been enjoying wearing them and the cool "view master" features that are included. While these aren't a "must have" I'm not at all disappointed in what Mattel has put out.
By wegotthetools
I don't like how the head strap or thumb screws are but I did order a pair and am exited to get them. I only wish Mattel would keep quality in mind like the pke meter and i don't see why they didn't put the stickers on in factory
By elsoldao7
I actually prefer it without the stickers, that way I can give it a nice coat of OD Green
By Michael Gonsoski
Ha! I was toying around with the goggles and figured if it's the beeping from the pke that activates the library ghost... All you really have to do is whistle and it'll work.
By Ray Stanz GB
I got my pair in today. Anyone put the stickers on yet? if you did where did you put them?
By cursedgame
Good question, man. If you want to be "screen accurate," you can either let someone else do the research for you or watch the movie again & take notes. Please share, because I'm somewhat interested in this, but not overly anal about it like most people here. I guess mine will come in next week. These toys are like the evolution of what the "Kenner" toys of yesteryear could've been.
By Higgs1
My goggles just got here a little while ago. First impressions are that they are "ok" but they'll look good sitting on my display shelf with my pke and trap.

They don't really sit on top of my head real well, the way Ray usually wears them when not on his face, but not a huge deal. Hoping someone has a good layout for the stickers, tried looking at some pics and can't make heads or tails. Side knobs look like they should have been black though, not a big deal lol.

Overall for what I paid I'm happy, they're identifiable and will look nice on display.
By pseadynamo
My goggles came yesterday and since it was our wedding anniversary I was not allowed to wear them to dinner. I will say that I am glad AJ had a pre-order setup through the GBFANS site as they are now SOLD OUT on Mattycollector.

I could complain about color and knob innacurracy but I have looked all over at goggles on the WWW and there is SO much variation on the lens labels and yes/no on the led lights and whatnot that I'm not surprised even Matty had a hard time determining things. Heck even the screen grab from the hotel scene vs the outdoor scene (look in the ref section at screen grabs) look like totally different goggles IMO.
I will probably take a few days to decide on re-painting or not before the stickers go on. My guess is not to re-paint them as I want them in original condition whenever I finally donate them to the local sci-fi museum or put them in my will or whatever (yes, Seattle has a sci-fi museum).
In closing I am happy with them and I think they are a good addition to my GB costume prop collection.
By pseadynamo
I will give this opinion based on the majority of what I have seen with the Ecto Goggle stickers. I think the longer lens has the red danger sticker and the shorter left eye has the white " ecto warning label". Since there is no pull knob under the left eye the "good, better, best" really doesn't apply.
By drythe
Anyone else find the matty goggles uncomfortable to wear with the plastic pressed against your face? Messing with some 3mm thick foam to layer the inside. Makes a huge difference and i found it helps hold the goggles on your forehead as well.
By Higgs1
drythe wrote:Anyone else find the matty goggles uncomfortable to wear with the plastic pressed against your face? Messing with some 3mm thick foam to layer the inside. Makes a huge difference and i found it helps hold the goggles on your forehead as well.

Yeah i thought it felt a bit uncomfortable on my face as well, not too worried though, don't plan on wearing them for long periods of time, lol.
By Wallabe
pseadynamo wrote: Heck even the screen grab from the hotel scene vs the outdoor scene (look in the ref section at screen grabs) look like totally different goggles IMO.
That's because they were two different goggles. The hotel scene is from GB1, the outdoor scene GB2. They added some variations, but generally the Matty goggles are styled after GB1. Aside from one or two labels, there's nothing to be confused about. The goggles from the two movies are both distinct and are featured in clear enough shots to guesstimate their details fairly accurately. The "led argument" for example, is purely from fan replicas. The goggles never light up. If you want to wear them, that's fine, but your argument is pretty flimsy.
By Donkey8012
I wonder if one could add a mirror to the left lense so that the animation appears in both lenses. Somebody figure this out for me.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]