By elsoldao7
I did this some time ago & kinda forgot about it, so here it is. After seeing first hand what all the fuss was about regarding the paint application on the goggles, I agreed, it sucked! I wanted to paint it but didn't want to risk ruining them, so I used some Plasti-Dip instead of regular spray paint. Here's the process:

First, I took everything apart,everything!
& found out that I might be able to eventually replace those lens type things with some spare glasses I have lying around, so I can use them and actually SEE!

Taped everything up. I used the strap as a handle for the paint job!

1st coat...

2nd coat...

3rd coat...

Plasti-Dip dries fairly fast, but I decided to leave it be for a while so I wouldn't mess anything up. While I did that, I decided to paint the lenses also! They looked too "plasticly". So I taped them up I got my black plasti-dip can & went to work.

While the lenses dried, I brought the main body inside to start removing the tape.

Ok, those of you not familiar with plasti-dip must be thinking, "this idiot forgot to tape the knobs!"
That's the good thing about the dip, make a mistake, just make a little hole...

...just enough to get a handle on it...

...and just peel it off!

& voilà! Clean paint job!
(good idea if you want to make a pair of pink goggles for the wife/gf for halloween! Paint, showoff, peel, & back to normal!)

Peeled the paint off the knobs & buttons, de-taped the lenses, & put everything back together, and here it is!

With flash

Printed some labels on some label paper I had lying around for some mock-up pics.

I think they look better!

Planning on trying out the lens/glassed lens replacement I mentioned earlier, I'll start a different topic with that project whenever I get around to it.
alphabeta001 liked this
By pyhasanon
Kingpin wrote:Quite the improvement!

Will you be considering adding an extension to the fully black lense so that it's more correctly proportioned?
Extension? I'd like to give that a try... suggestions on how to do it, Kingpin?
By Kingpin
pyhasanon wrote:suggestions on how to do it, Kingpin?
Off the top of my head...

Maybe some PVC, acrylic or lightweight aluminium tube cut to a more accurate length... and should the interior diameter be a little larger than the outer diameter of the existing end of the lense, maybe a rubber washer/grommet or some masking tape could be used to build up the thickness of the pre-existing lense... and allow you to keep the extending piece in place with a friction hold.

I hope that makes sense.
By elsoldao7
gbchef wrote:Where did you buy the plastidip? What color shade did you use?
It's Olive Drab I belive. I bought it at a Auto Accessories shop. I'll post a pic of the can once I get home.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]