By Hammer
Got a cool package, straight from Israel.

They're a bit rough but nothing that can't be fixed.

It will be a bit before I can actually start working on these. I was just too happy about it and had to post!
Last edited by Hammer on March 21st, 2015, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hammer
I agree Kingpin. I used an/pvs -5s back in the day. First thing to go was the nose piece or a front corner. The supply of actual frames have to be dwindling.
By Hammer
I picked the first frames in the line and started some work. Drilled out the rivets, puttied the engraving, sanded the rough spots, and did the coat hanger brace across the inside of the nose. So far, so good.

By Hammer
Primer is done! All the rivet holes gone.

Also fitted some styrene pieces on the sides to fill the gap between the frame and the outer aluminum lens plate.

I'm now searching for bits and pieces for the lenses and a real battery cap.
By Hammer
Sized up the lenses. I think I got the right dimensions

A little paint...

First real dry fit. I'm pleased!

A little housekeeping left to do on the lenses but so far, so good.
By Hammer
Thanks Jay!
Have you figured out the face padding yet?
Not yet. I've got some ideas from the other threads. I'm thinking some type of black craft foam, like the kind that comes in 8 1/2x11 sheets. I'm sure I'll see something acceptable at a craft store.

Lenses done and mounted

While I wait for the knobs to arrive I need to make a harness.
Kingpin liked this
By Hammer
Goggles done!

And a huge THANK YOU to Demon Vice Commander. He saved my day with some awesome labels!

I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to add some internal lighting. I had some green lenses cut but I preferred the clear lenses. I'll mess with it later. I'm on a "finish sh*t" rip right now.
By Hammer
They look perfect. Can I ask how where you found the correct DOT snaps?
Long story short.....Pure luck. I bought a "vintage" lot of fastener tools on ebay. There were several small assortments of snaps, buttons and grommets in each box.

For something more useful than luck, I was looking at www.dotfasteners.com and almost ordered some from there.
    New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]