Long story short, my Para Goggles are 90 percent done. I was so excited to build them that I didn't even think of documenting the process!!

Nevertheless, here they are:

I used a foam sanding block to smooth out the lightly textured fiberglass frames with great success. I purchased some epoxy to fill in pitting and gaps, mostly around the edges of the frames. Drilling fiberglass was quite the learning experience. I believe I read that you need slow speeds to prevent chipping, but I found out the hard way that the frames tended to chip more the slower the speed. I think the large gaps were the issue mostly.

For the lenses, I opted for a quick solution and cut plastic lenses from an extra CD case I had laying around. The plastic is a tad flimsy, so I think I'll replace them eventually.

I made sure to use light pressure and high speeds with my Dremel and power tools. I sadly had major chipping in areas where I drilled for the various metal snaps, but the Loctite epoxy I use for metal and cement worked beautifully to reconstruct the chipped areas.

The epoxy works like JB Weld, but for me it dries faster and is workable after about an hour.

Attaching the snaps became problematic. I attempted to hammer them in place, but the force needed to fuse the two pieces started chipping the fiberglass. I opted to epoxy them instead. I identified the screws needed for attachment and luckily located a great picture hanging bracket for the top strap connector.

I drew up a quick template for the foam and purchased some gym mat foam. I like it for its sturdiness and because it will repel sweat.

An alright fit.

Here's a rough cut of the Goggles foam. This is the first time I have worked with EVA foam and it's fantastic. It cuts magnificently with an electric coping saw and and be worked with a dremel.

A little heat helped bend the EVA foam to the basic curvature of the frames.

I'm trying to decide on a rubber cement to fix the foam to the goggles, but I'm not sure what type of rubber cement would work well with EVA and fiberglass. If any of you could offer some suggestions, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks, Kingpin!! I do have the parts for the harness. I purchased a roll of black nylon strapping, rivets and have the button snaps ready to go once I glue the foam to the frames.
These look fantastic. Very helpful for me to see as I'm about to start building goggles with the same Nickatron kit myself. A few questions:

-Did you cut a faceplate to secure the lenses to the body yourself, or is that just the way it is cast?

-Is it not an option to use the 'snaps' that are cast into the body? Will these have to be sanded off?
The plates that hold the lenses to the frames were purchased from Multimedia Mayhem, who is sadly not selling anymore. I had to cut a substantial portion of the frames away for the lenses to fit with the plates and had to Dremel away fiberglass on the interior to get the plates to fit. Only a small lip of fiberglass remains on the top and bottom for the plates to hold on to.

I don't think there were true snaps cast into Nickatron's frames. They were small buttons on the outer edges that I filed down flush.
None at all, Full-Roaming-Vapor. I used a little epoxy to hold the snaps to the frames, then applied an ample amount on the inside of the frames and let it ooze a bit into the snap, creating a small bead. I then flattened the bead of epoxy in the snap and let it dry.
It's been a while! Here are some updates:

I had the materials needed for the straps, but just got around to putting the rest of the build into action. I decided to go with E6000 industrial strength adhesive to fix the foam to the frames. I'm pleased with the results, but I think I could have concealed the glue a bit better by using a bit less closer to the edges.

I'm starting to amass hardware for future builds. This organizer sure as heck comes in handy.

Attaching the snaps was easy peasy. I started with one side and partially wore the goggles to get the total length, measuring a snug size for the horizontal strap.

I didn't quite have the "proper" rivets for the D-ring loop and didn't want to wait while I searched for and ordered some. I had leftover pieces from the smaller snaps I purchased for the frames, so I used those instead and I must say, I like these better.

I never did like the single-strap buckle used on the movie prop. I searched diligently and found these: dual sternum strap adjusters. I painted mine satin nickel and fed the straps through them.

Viola! I'm eager to start my next project ... whatever that may be.

Kingpin, alphabeta001 liked this

Using rip-stop cotton and custom dye for each char[…]

The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]