By LandoSystem
I've been slowly building up some TVG equipment and the shots I've seen of the paragoggles look either black or a very dark shade of green.

Can anyone confirm if they're intended to be black?

Has anyone identified many differences between the originals and TVG styles?

TVG has the power knob on the bottom like the real night vision goggles (missing from most of GBI but present in GBII) and has lenses similar to, if not exactly like, the ones from the first film. That, the strapping (missing the strip over the top of the head), the fictional functionality and the coloration seem to be the only differences I've noticed from this and the versions in the films.
By gold333
Hi, they are very dark aquamarine. Here you go.

Apart from the unlit first picture by the original modeller, the main difference is that the GBTVG goggles always feature internally light green glowing lenses when viewed upfront.

By gold333
Nice! Does that blender program allow one to view GBtvg models from the game files?
By LandoSystem
Yeah, I'd agree with that.
I'm not sure if I'm going to go through with the build and paint job for that reason. I would know it's a painstaking reproduction but it would look... off... to everyone else.
By Matt Campbell
gold333 wrote:Image
Why are those plumbers done up like Ghostbusters?
EnderWeggen liked this
By Kingpin
In memory serves, they're some of Terminal Reality's staffers (or were), it's not uncommon for guys to do stuff like that either for the development process, or because it can serve as a neat little joke (or private image).
By gold333
LandoSystem wrote:Yeah, I'd agree with that.
I'm not sure if I'm going to go through with the build and paint job for that reason. I would know it's a painstaking reproduction but it would look... off... to everyone else.

Why would it look off? It would just look like the goggles from GBTVG.
By LandoSystem
Because they look different and bad enough to look like inaccurate or poor knockoffs of the originals.

Some fans aren't as familiar with TVG gear and like to point out the oddities or "inaccuracies" when it doesn't look like the movie. I've gotten uneasy comments about the lifegard with an exposed circuit board, the pack and the no ghost patch with the black border around it. Things like, "I know where you can get an accurate patch for just as cheap" or, "what the hell is up with your lifegard" or, "why does your lifegard have a leather holster" and it gets old.

Things like the upgraded pack are easy to explain but stuff that's just subtly different or cheaper looking usually don't get a good reaction (like, I'd assume, goggles that look like welding goggles with completely different lenses).

I go back and forth between caring and not caring but I'd rather stick with the iconic goggles.
By gold333
Well the GBTVG opened up a whole realm of new props and doo dads with their over the top items. It is officially Gb3 as far as what we have now, so if you're thinking of making that over the top full spec GBTVG proton pack, you kinda need the goggles :) you'll get less questions if you have the GBTVG pack to go with it :)

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]