Boomerjinks wrote:Wait, there are two?
Three, actually... but the third one (which is inspired by Ecto-1A and I think the one in that photo you've posted, I certainly recall it having those angular lights on each end of the roof) hasn't popped up as often.

Ecto-1 #1

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coastermad ... LB-d4tro9/

This is the car I first saw at a game event at Wembley Stadium, it was there with an inflatable Stay Puft promoting Ghostbusters: The Video Game... this is the same car we've walked with for a few years now as part of London's New Years Day Parade, starting in 2010.

Ecto-1 #2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76846770@N ... 5k5-9ap7K1

This car showed up a little maybe a year after car #1, the most discernible differences visible in this image are it having blue deck lights and strobe bars rather than rotators.

Like car #1, the rear portion has been modified to include the corner windows which those particular assemblies didn't have.

As for "Ecto-1A", here's a three-quarter shot with some details on the owner.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gwoodward/7915584112/

Once upon a time a couple of friends and I were slated to actually help out with it, but the plan fell through.

As for Stay Puft, there's a large one which belongs to one of the U.K. Ghostbusters members... although I can't speak of the condition as it's been a while since I last saw it in person. The photo you've posted appears to feature my mate Ash, and some of his Ghostbusters London mates, suggesting it could be the one I saw a while back.
Fifthrider, SPJ liked this
Two squarebacks, interesting! Any idea what the model was before it was modified to have the rear windows?

The #1 you posted, what does he do? He is INCREDIBLY active, photos of that are surfacing pretty much 24/7.
No idea sadly about either car's original model types. What I remember of #1's owner telling me, prior to becoming an Ectomobile it resided in france, suspended from the ceiling of some place.

As for #1's owner, "event promoter" I suppose... the car's either been used to promote Ghostbusters cinema events these days post-video game, and a number of charity events.
Fifthrider liked this
dreamcars wrote:the Ecto 1 that is promoting the show at the Troxy is ours. as is the Stay puft man
As the owner of a 7m Stay Puft, I'd love to hear about owning the 10m! Do you have photos of him packed up? Any funny anecdotes? The "live" show with him indoors was awesome, I saw clips of the laser lights when he was getting "shot" by streams. There must be soooo many stories there, COME ON THEN!
TexasBuster wrote:Pretty sure this is the real Sony car. Why is she topless right now?
I dunno if that's it-

Missing hood louvers (as mentioned), bigger door logo, and the correct front lightbar standoff? ;)
Curious to see whose it is though. It looks nice so far!
Boomerjinks wrote:God that looks like so much fun.

For once, yes, it was fun. Normally I'll bitch about what a chore it is and how much crap goes into the management of an event but this time it was all planned and managed by someone else. Sean and I just needed to show up.

BTW, Sean's in the passenger seat with me in that pic.

...and yes, that Sean's car at Santa Monica and yes, the entire roof rack is off. As of a couple of weeks ago he started a total refurb on the car. It's been about 5 years which means it's time to disassemble the whole thing, sand, bodywork, paint, and rebuild it all again. Advance warning to all who want to own an old professional car and turn it into an Ecto, you'll probably be redoing the body and paint every 5 years. To anyone who just read that and thought I don't know what I'm talking about and "Not me, I'll be different!" well... Best of luck to ya. The elements of nature say different. Budget for total bodywork every 5 years or maybe even sooner depending on whether Mistah Fab touched your car.

Originally it was Sean's car slated for that parade but as Sean pointed out, he openly said he wouldn't be making it. Somehow he was listed as "tentative" and hilarity did not ensue. I filled in the last second. Actually, I offered to drive the Superior to Sean's house and just give him the keys. I'd wait at home with the Xbox until he got back. He declined that offer and suggested I drive so he can see what it feels like to ride in it for once. ( dammit, foiled again ) Sean and I drove to Hollywood and Highland, parked with the other cars, had some pizza, went up to the Sweet! candy shop that features the Stay Puft Marshmallow store, and then watched Dr. Grant getting eaten by a Tyrannosaurus Rex. It was a pretty hard day to top.

( Mod - I really don't want to start a separate thread for just this so I'm posting pics here but if you find this is off topic and/or excessive please contact me. I'll edit the post down to a few lines and maybe one pic. Thanks. )

My pic of the T-Rex balloon being pulled down on top of Dr. Grant

A pic I found on Instrgram - better view

Me and Sean go up to the Stay Puft Marshmallow candy store

A couple of Bond cars. The Aston Martin had a passenger seat that launches ( on a track up ) to the roofline then stops, allowing the passenger to sit at roof level and wave. When they activated the seat the pressure was too much and the seat actually launched free of the car, landing on the Scientology float next to it. ( heh-heh. You can't tell me there wasn't some divine intervention on that one. )

The missiles on the Tomorrow Never Dies BMW.

Christine: So,... You wanna go kill something?
Ecto: I thought you'd never ask.

I drove this parade with a chunk of skin missing from my right hand, torn out right to the muscle ( despite wearing mechanics gloves ) thanks to mechanical work. This will take weeks to heal and will leave a permanent scar. You can't tell me this car doesn't thirst for human blood.

The part of the cars that kills everyone, slowly.

The Shaguar, a JP jeep, a JP Explorer, Smokey and the Bandit and the Keatonmobile. In the far left rear with yellow circles, the Scientology float entitled "The Path to Happiness."

More Keatonmobile

Turtle van

Possibly one of the greatest ideas for a movie car on a budget. The Pizza Planet truck from EVERY Pixar movie.

If I had to guess which balloon was filled with the Joker's Smilex gas, I'd be betting on this one.

Carpeteria, Sutton621, TankHammer and 2 others liked this
If it weren't for the ridiculous cost of tickets over the holiday weekend, I was strongly considering a flight out to meet the SCC guys. Definitely seems like the biggest event of the year. Way too cool.
That might not be a bad idea for next year ( assuming there's an implication that you mean to bring your car ) and here's why.

This parade is pretty much a for-profit venture. It was almost canceled in 2007 ( according to Wiki ) for lack of ratings. In recent years they've changed the rules in the hopes of gaining popularity and going from being aired on the Hallmark channel to something more mainstream.

Previous rules were "one car per movie, single file" but this year we stretched that into 2 rows for every possible car we could fit in. There were 2 BTTFs ( movie 1 and 2 ) and two KITTS ( although we claimed one all-black car was a KARR, cough-cough ). Technically there were 3 KITTs if you include the Mustang.

Bearing that in mind I think the Dodge would be really good in this parade. Sean and I were even talking about putting both of our Ectos in the parade next year, maybe putting some temp equipment on one of the cars to Ecto 1A-ify it.

As always, if you're interested, contact Nate Truman.
I don't expect this link to the parade to be up for very long but someone filmed it all. By day's end I would imagine it would be removed until the parade can formally be aired for it's first time.

Also, unlike the formal airing this clip is merciful because you don't get subjected to Shatner singing. I'm not kidding about that either, Shatner was one of the night's "musical guests." People came there for a good time and left with their ears raped.
Kingpin liked this
Boomerjinks wrote: Then there is the acclaimed Arizona Ghostbusters and their ecto-rep, which started off like this:
And will end up looking like....? Come on boys, we're dying here! Throw us a concept rendering or something? The edge of my seat is about to break off!
This is how the Arizona Ghostbusters Ectomobile Replica looked last time I saw it...

69428scj wrote:Yes, that would be the primered/Barris-made Ecto in Virginia now.
Where in VA?
Kingpin wrote:Wherever Barris is off to next to claim credit that isn't his.
Oh, geez... got it, that's a shame...
jettajeffro wrote:
Mr.W. wrote:This is how the Arizona Ghostbusters Ectomobile Replica looked last time I saw it...
Hey, a shot from the Pavilions.

Working on this one now.
Yes, I go there a lot.

Wow... 1969... is that the one from dvap?

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Also probably different release dates. USA: […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]

New details https://i.imgur.com/0cWzlPm.jpeg […]