By Ron Daniels
I drove the Ecto one time.

I consider that a real honor. To wit, I only know of one other person Chace allowed to drive the Ecto in a parade, Mitchell. I consider it a real honor that Chace entrusted me to drive the Ecto.

I also tried to sell the Ecto, once.

The Ecto visited my wedding:

I am fairly certain that it is the only Ectomobile to ever visit Rhine, Georgia:

I remember riding all day and night to see Ghostbusters 2 in Birmingham in the 1-G. I remember being scolded to not try and shut the doors when I was a passenger . . . I remember riding in the back seat . . . because we couldn't make Mitchell ride back there. But most of all, I remember that the person who owned the 1-G has a heart of gold and gave up his time and money to share his car with a group of nerds. Thanks, Chace.
Vee, Chace, Dan AKA and 2 others liked this
By Kingpin
I saw the Facebook post, but seeing the photos here is even more saddening. :(

I'm sorry about the loss, I hope you guys will get to bring a new Ecto into the world at some indeterminate point in the future.
Chace liked this
By 69428scj
Today I mourn the loss of the 1G. Much like at Ron's wedding, it was at mine as my Ecto was unable to make the trip from Ohio. Chace didn't have to drive it to Roswell all the way from Macon, but he did and because of that I am forever grateful. But for the last two years now the 1G and Ect-OHIO have been parade buddies in the DragCon parade. I told the Ect-OHIO today, and was very saddened to hear the news. Even though the 1G was behind us in the parade, in reality it was right along side us all this time. So, let us all remember the good times we've had together and honor the memory of the first Ecto Magnum, the Ecto-1G.

Chace, Ecto-1 fan liked this
By Boomerjinks
I dont have access to the photo we took on the side of the road when we first got them together, and blasted sirens so loudly that the musical performer at the bar across the street stopper playing.

But this was a great moment.

zeta otaku, Chace, Kingpin liked this
By Vee
I'm really sorry to hear this news, Chace. Your car was one of the reasons I consider seeing white Magnums a good omen on days I have GB events. Not only are they fabulous conversions, but they're owned by really really lovely people. I wish I could have seen it in person before this. It lived a full life and went to some neat places.
I'll pour one out for it.
Chace liked this
By Chace
All you guys are getting me in the feels. Thank you so much. It's nice to know so many people I love and respect liked my stupid clown car.
Boomerjinks wrote: But this was a great moment.
^ Having the two mags together was awesome, especially since at the time yours was the most loved and mine was the most hated here in the community....I do wish we had gotten them together again after I finally got my roof like I wanted and had the GB2 theme on it.

Also I was able to dig these up.

By zeta otaku
Chase, your Ecto is/was beautiful and I can only hope to get mine to a FRACTION of what you achieved.

What are you going to do now? Any plans to make a new Ecto or is it too soon to think in that direction?
Chace liked this
By Chace
In response to Zeta, thank you and here's the best answer I have now...

I have a few options in mind but they depend on the final result from the insurance company...I don't want to reveal it till it's ready but I will say that in all likelihood there WILL be another Georgia GB car, but unless I can find a white HEMI mag locally for a decent price and low mileage (no luck so far) it will probably be TOTALLY different.

That said I do have a preferred plan for an Ecto which has only been done....or at least IMO successfully done, by another member of the GAGB...and that's all the tease you get!

It is now 4:10 Eastern Standard Time....12 hours from now I will do the final stripping of lights and other equipment from the 1-G

I should also add Chris Sheets lives in GA now so until I make a replacement his Scion is the only GA Ecto I am aware of.
zeta otaku liked this
By Grimmy GB
With posts like these, you really don't know what to say, especially being one of the new kids on the block. With that being said, I figured I'd pay respect by this simple post. That was a great looking ride bro. Really looking forward to your future plans though.
Chace liked this
By Carpeteria
So glad that I got to see it in person a few weeks back at DC, but bummed I never got to open the fancy doors. I probably would have ripped them off or something, so it's for the best.

I was proud that the dumb Fez/Eyeball popper thing that I sent to Chace graced its dashboard for awhile. Not long enough, though.

Sorry, buddy. Looking forward to whatever weird shit you come up with next.
Chace liked this
By Chace
The insurance company is gonna give me a little over 9,000 which is more than expected, but they're gonna sell it for scrap. I didn't bother to ask about a buyback price because as I said before I need something asap and don't have any place to put the thing....so here's the last photo.

By Chace
Carpeteria wrote:So glad that I got to see it in person a few weeks back at DC, but bummed I never got to open the fancy doors. I probably would have ripped them off or something, so it's for the best.

I was proud that the dumb Fez/Eyeball popper thing that I sent to Chace graced its dashboard for awhile. Not long enough, though.

Sorry, buddy. Looking forward to whatever weird shit you come up with next.
You will be happy to note that that I pulled the "Fez/Eyeball popper thing" and if all goes well and according to plan...it will soon be in my new Ecto. :cool:
zeta otaku liked this
By SpaceCoastGBs
This sucks and as another Maggie owner I would be devastated if I lost mine. I've had my white Magnum since 2007 and have never went through with the Ecto conversion, so seeing yours and Boomer's (even though I don't like the 08s) online was always nice and gave me hopes that mine could someday be like that. I always liked your nice low-profile roof rack that really fits the styling of the car.

Maybe you'll get lucky and find another. I see them for sale all the time in Florida now, but most are high mileage.
Chace liked this
By Chace
Thank you to all have posted here...some knew the 1G and loved it, some hated it..or me...but WAAAAY more appreciated the car than I thought.

Thank you all so much for liking my silly "clown car" as the "serious restorers" call it.

I have secured the next car and a thread will follow when applicable....but to the 1-G (which I don't see as merely an inanimate object) Goodbye Old Girl....Sorry I drilled so many holes into you....but you made a lot of people happy, and I was one of them....in fact you probably made me more happy than anyone....that said, there will be another Georgia Ecto, but you will NEVER be replaced.
By JakeW
Just wanted to share a few photos of the dear ol' Ecto-1G.

Chace, the first time I saw this car I believe was at the park in Atl when they screened Ghostbusters on the big inflatable screen.
That was before I knew you guys. My next encounter was at Atlanta Comic Con when we had dinner with Ernie. That was the first time I actually met you and since I've had so much fun marching in parades with this car. I tried to find the photo I took with the car for the first time but it seems to be lost.
Anyway, here are a few photos I've taken of the car over the years.

Chace liked this

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]