Just curious as to which one of the you gave me the crooked thumb on I-4 outside of Lakeland, FL. (ProtonCharger, you trollin?) Kudos, cos I nearly wrecked from laughing.

Also, why do people want to have a conversation with you when you're driving 70mph+ down the interstate? On my way to a convention yesterday, night time, raining pretty bad, this lady rolls up to me and honks, and proceeds to roll down her window. Uhh, what? This was not the first time, either. But definitely the most dangerous.

Also, I have a new favorite reaction to the car. This lady rolls up next to me yesterday, stares and mouths, "What the f*&#" very slowly, then slowed down.
I haven't had a chance to peruse this entire thread, but I'm sure someone has mentioned being mistaken for storm chasers. We get "What are you guys? Storm chasers?" and "Is that a news van? What station are you with?" all the time (mostly from the senior citizen crowd for some reason). But last summer, on our trip to the Art Car Parade in Houston, TX...we ran into some actual storm chasers at a gas station on our way through Oklahoma (and big storms were just about to roll through there).

It was a group of college students from the University of Massachusetts. They loved our car and asked if they could take photos of themselves with it, and we were happy to oblige...but they were confused when we asked if we could do the same with their radar truck and have our pictures taken with some real live storm chasers. :)

As you can see from the pics below, the resemblance between an ECTO and a radar truck used for monitoring violent weather patterns and tracking tornadoes is uncanny! :sigh:
While I haven't had the chance to drive my car yet, watching people's reactions as I drive behind it while it's on the flatbed is quite entertaining. Watching people fumble around for their camera, snapping their neck as the car passes in front of them...rest assured I will be video taping my car's maiden voyage!
Fifthrider wrote:Image

OMG I literally ROFL.
What? You don't believe that he got up or fell out of his chair and rolled on the floor while laughing as a reaction to that funny-but-not-that-funny joke?
Boomerjinks wrote:Image

Awwwe.

I hope you called them to explain.
Mr.Spider wrote:The squiggly line is photoshopped to blur the actual number

I got that and I'm assuming (and hoping) that zeta otaku was joking. :cool:
Chace wrote:Well it says, "if this is really what you do would you please give me a call." it is not what he does, so he shouldn't call....unless he's going to troll them....in which case he should.

Eh... just my nature. Being hobbyist ghost hunter, I understand the fear they may be experiencing.

NOTE: no I do not claim to be a "ghost hunter" or anything like that. I just like to do ghost tours and stuff like that. So please do not bash me for that comment. :)
So here is the list of what I experience whenever I drive around:

1) People cutting me off to take a picture
2) People pulling onto the shoulder of the highway and take a pic as I pass by
3) Single occupants taking both hands off the wheel to get a picture
4) Cars blocking me when I'm trying to get into another lane because they're too busy pacing me
5) Honking, I HATE when people honk...
6) People asking "Are you for real?" You see the car don't you? I must be off duty if I'm not in uniform...
7) When I'm on the highway i run my strobe lights, I've passed a few police officers/state troopers and the pucker factor gets pretty high, but I haven't been pulled over....yet
I haven't got my Ecto up and running yet, but I have to say to all of you fellow GBers who are longtime members, after reading thes post and comments, you show your better side and great restraint when hecklers come trolling along, so humorously responding to these kind of situations by being a non combatant and even easy going rep of one of the most recognizable and colorful movie clubs ever around, The Ghostbusters.

I've had my share of this behavior and reaction likewise. As a longtime Cosplayer/ Costumer, it is only human these individuals of all shapes and sizes ( like non-phantasmic entities), do what they do. I believe the highter level of reaction craziness is achieved when you appear bigger than life with an Ecto mobile at your disposal. I myself would go gaga if I saw a fully get upped Batman with all his wonderful toys in his possession, though I would do it in respect to that costumer by not being such of a crazed fanboy with stalker tendencies, something most people lack. But eh, that's how it is, and we must handle it accordingly with outstanding zeal. After all, we're The Ghostbusters, we can handle anything!

I can see that we can take after the likes, attitudes and responses from the movie itself. The best one is when someone asks: "Who are you guys?" or "Are you guys fo' real?" And the response is, in a Ray Stantz manner: "Yes, Ma'am, we are The Ghostbusters." A deadpan, without skipping a beat, no nonsense answer majority floors and silences them, to think: "Woah, these dudes mean business." And staying in character (of whomever it may be, and you've done your homework) doesn't hurt, it can be a plus. Why mess with a guy in a tan jump suit with a unlicensed nuclear accelarator on his back who most likely dumb you down with highfalutin words? "You've been RAY-GONED!":blush::sigh:

Aloha, and, Keep on bustin'!

"Tripperodie" Odiemodie,
Wheelman of Ecto 5.0 H,
GBHD, USA

I DRIVE TO BE ALIVE.
While I have yet to fully Ecto out my Magnum, just having the door logos on bring out the best in people. Tons of smiles and cheers, but also comes the flip side. The crazies.

I can't remember the full exchange, but after getting a late night snack at the local 7/11, I can see a woman standing between my car and a beat up Jeep. Hoping she was waiting for one of the other people in this store, I walked out, unlocked my car and as she sees me coming (I'm wearing my Ghostbusters: The Video Game shirt), she runs up to me, smiling.

For a moment, I think I'm going to get complimented on my car.

That thought left immediately when i got a good look of the crazy in her eyes and words. "Oh, thank the Lord you guys are real!" She goes on to tell me how her house is haunted, her car talks to her and she argues with it, and that UFOs circle her house but only she can see them. Oh, and she knows why. If she didn't, she'd be crazy! Ha... yeah, so the reason? She's the runaway queen of the aliens and they're looking for her.

It's at this point she's WELL inside my personal space bubble and I calmly tell her that "we" are well aware of her situation and someone would be in touch with her soon. I slid past her, got in my car, and drove home to enjoy my ice cream cookie sandwich... but not before peeling off the door logos which stayed off for 3 weeks. I've since put them back on, I just avoid that particular 7/11 for late night snacks. lol
Our Ecto1500 Suburban's back window was shot out two days ago. Filed a police report...couldn't find the bullet as it was way too small, police think it might of been an air rifle or something.

$200 later, a new window was installed. I told my dad to move the truck to the other side of the house, but he refuses.

I just hope it was some sort of stupid random drunk idiot driving around our neighborhood and not someone with a dislike for GB. I mean, we had the truck for a year now (still have to build the roofrack, but have the decals on).

Of course, this happened a long time ago when someone tried shooting my General Lee and ended up hitting my dad's car right beside it...

Stupid people...ugh.
Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]