Anyone who follows the NJGB on Twitter, MySpace, or FaceBook is bound to have seen our series of build photos from the Ecto-4 overhaul. The origional Ecto-4 was showing its age, both from weathering and overall quality, so we decided it was time for an upgrade.

It's my pleasure to present the Ecto-4 A.T.A.C., ready for all terrain, all condition busting.

Last edited by GhostbustersNJ on March 25th, 2014, 8:47 pm, edited 14 times in total.
By Ghostbuster87
I like the black car. I've always been curious what the actual Ecto would have looked like if they went with the original idea of painting it black and this pretty much sums it up for me.
On Friday 3/19 the NJGB met Dan Aykroyd at a Crystal Head Vodka signing in Woodbridge NJ.
An article featuring the NJGB at the signing has been posted on Mycentraljersey.com at http://blogs.mycentraljersey.com/foodch ... vodka-too/

Dan really was the man, arriving half an hour early, having all ghostbusters cut to the front of the line, and then kicking out the press so he could have some quality times with the ghostbusters present.

Unfortunately I was too caught up in the moment to have a pic taken of Dan signing the Ecto4, but he said simply "I like it"

After the meeting we headed into NYC for the night. First we visited a famaliar church, seems they've done a good job rebuilding since a certain marshmallow man stepped on it.

We then went into central park, really beautiful day for it, and we found a certain castle Kildarby in central park from Real Ghostbusters ep. 2-17

Next we took a ride to broadway and had dinner at a Japanese resturant. Very good, not quite dead food. Alays fun when your food is still moving when you eat it. On the way back we found a small mob around the Ecto-4 taking pics, scared the crap out of one guy using the remote start.

Took a quick video as we drove through Times Square.

The standard pilgrimage:

Finally we finished a beautiful day by spending the night at a club by the Brooklyn Bridge.
Kingpin wrote:You have any idea the Ghostbusters 3 rumours you started by driving through Times Square?
Not as many as we were going to with a giant Canon camera mounted to the fender of the Magnum with a stickypod....Image
We have a stealth camera mount built into the roof rack, just below the anemometer. Should be able to film our events without anyone even noticing. Now it's just a matter of getting the camera up there.

Funny story, the NJGB actually started out in Ohio in 2004. Me and a few friends crashed a college halloween party in low quality home made ghostbuster gear by making an entry in a maroon jeep cherokee with a 2X4 with some strobe lights strapped to the roof. We were blaring the ecto siren over the trucks cassette deck, and nearly crushed a foam pack while getting out of the truck.
Craptacular, yes.
Effective, VERY!
69428scj wrote:Keep hating on the homestate Boomer...keep hating!
Oh I'm gonna keep hating until September when, like General MacArthur, we shall return. We're going to plant a goddamn flag on that hillside. Then we'll be square with Ohio.
Sunday night the NJGB attended the Philly Zombie Crawl. Due to the holiday we had a small team, but still a huge response. Easily a couple hundred pictures and coutless high fives.

Parked out front of the start location:

The Zombie Hulk spent the night rocking SUV's and harrasing cop cars.

We managed to escape unharmed

Mostly....
Image\

Saturday was the 25th Annual Doo Dah Day parade in Ocean City NJ. It's an anything goes type event in a family resort, so we fit right in. It's always quite fun driving down the boardwalk.

It was a bit tricky for our walkers as people kept running out for pictures with them. A great crowd response.

We also experimented with the concept of "Ecto-Vision" (yes, it's the corniest name I could possibly come up with) I mounted a digital camera to the roof rack and let it record. We got 18 minuites before the memory card ran out. I plan to invest in a Flip Mino HD recorder for future videos.

After the parade we managed to raise a few dollars for the Relay for Life. All in all a great day.
What speakers are you using for your music again? I seem to recall you just had a single radio shack-style loudspeaker tucked up there for the siren, did you replace it?
I'm using two sets of these tucked behind the side tanks: http://www.rocktheboataudio.com/html/35953.html

I have it setup so I can control the volume of the right and left side of the truck. Total it's 200 watts peak, and the siren is running on seperate dual 50 watt bell speakers. This way I can run the siren and music simultaneously.
By GhostbustersNJ
Day 1 of the National Haunters convention got off to a late start due to a fair bit of traffic on the way.
Fortunately, we were able to drive the ecto inside, setup the booth, and make a few contacts for future events.

Something about interior lighting just makes cars look better.

The NJGB booth setup next to the ecto. Much better than last year.
By Sebastian Arms
Love the set up. We were planning on hitting this convention, but the wife has a meeting that we need to go to. Looking forward to seeing you all in person at the Air and Space Museum event this October.

Cheers

Sebastian
May and June have been extremely busy for the NJGB. The Ecto just hit 1500 miles of travel to and from events since we completed the new roof rack in January. Seems our craftmanship is holding up well, just a couple rock chips in the paint here and there.

On 5/16 we attended a Arthritis Fundraiser in Middlesex County NJ. Made the day for a few kids and kids at heart.

On 5/21 the Ecto was parked out front at a screening of Ghostbusters. Sold out show, and we made it onto screwattack.com in a video of the event recorded by Underbelly.

On 5/22 the NJGB attended a halfway to Halloween costume party in Atlantic City NJ. We walked away with several concert tickets after sweeping the costume contest. On our way out we took the Ecto up to the roof of the parking garage for a few pictures. Sadly the 7' of clearence didn't allow us to bring along the roof rack.

5/29 was the grand opening of a comic book store, we hung out with Jedi from the Rebel Legion and a group of from the 501'st out front to help get the word out about the new shop.

6/11 we brought the Ecto out to the Relay for Life in Manahawkin NJ. Quite entertaining as the parking lot was filled with camera flashes most of the night.

Lastly today at Wizard world, our newest member, Chris, brought out his Ecto MCU (Mobile Containment Unit). Still a work in progress, it will be a bulk containment based support vehicle.

More to come shortly.
Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]