By ghostfan001
Does anyone have an Ecto 1-a model for sale? Many years ago, when I was like 8, I saw one at Sav-on's but didn't get it and I have been kicking myself ever since. That modle would be a sweet find for me! :D
By river_of_slime
Ebay can be your friend in this matter. Also check old toy stores they might have it. Im looking for mine so I can make "The Evolution of the Ectos".
By SunDevil
i just got one off of ebay :D
By ecto_skywalker
I just bought one off of eBay as well. They are out there! :D
By back
I bought mine off of ebay too. cost me $50 CAN, but worth every penny!
im gone.
By hotshotdraw
In a few months, i'll be casting up packs for the cars, as well as a Ecto1a conversion kit, so that we can all just get the polar lights kit. In truth though, the Ecto1a is a little sharper of a cast, as the Ecto 1 is a tradtional Polar Lights "recast" of the ertl . . .even thought ertl now owns them, so, then it could**head explodes**
By Martian263
Interesting this post is here to begin with. I just happened to wander into an old 5 & Dime type store around the area here, just because it was close by where I worked and I needed to get some wrapping paper that didn't have a christmas pattern on it for a friend's birthday. So while I was there I looked around a bit, and I'll tell ya, I really wonder how long some of the stuff had been on their shelves, mainly because the store had literally been there for over 50 years. Mind you they had new stuff, but I'm sure there are some things in there that have been there for a good while. Anyway, while snooping around there, I came across a Polar Lights Ecto 1 model kit. My first inclination was that it could possibly be something old from around the time of the first movie, preserved in time, overlooked in this little store. I mean I was just recently at a Hobby shop, and specifically looking for a model of ecto-1, and couldn't find anything, and assuming that not much new GB products has come out in the last 10 years, I was ready to give up all together. Now mind you, I bought the kit, and would be happy with my find whether it was 20 years old or 2 weeks old, but I suppose it was a bit silly of me to assume that perhaps I'd found a real treasure, hoping I could run home and log on here to brag about my super find. So I guess from what I'm reading, this Polar Lights model kit isn't a very rare find at all. Mind you, I'm still not disappointed as I still get to achieve my goal of adding an ecto-1 to my collection of models. It's just that this kit isn't something I've seen when looking for new and interesting models to build, though I may only build 2 or 3 a year, I can't help but stop and look to see if anything new has been added any time I'm in a store that stocks models. So what's the deal with this kit, is it a kit that's been around for a few years, and I just haven't been fortunate enough to find it, or did this kit just literally come on the market very recently? Mind you it was the only one there of it's kind, so if I wanted, could I find a new one, and then perhaps I'd be very interested in getting that ecto-1a conversion kit.
By andy55
I know that alot of stores and ebay are selling models of the ecto 1. But I am not sure about the models for ecto 1a.
By gbmatt
i need the decals for the ecto 1a...im redoing mine and i cant find anyone that has a scan of em..... :cry:
By dustin993
river_of_slime wrote: Ebay can be your friend in this matter. Also check old toy stores they might have it. Im looking for mine so I can make "The Evolution of the Ectos".

Yep, you and I are doing the same thing. A few weeks ago on a wim I stripped my ecto-1 model and painted it black after some body modifications, purchased a red beacon for it, and purchased a new ecto model for the "ecto-1" look. Now I'm looking for the ecto-1a on ebay.
By Vocephus
I have a high-res scan of the decals for the Ecto 1a model kit. I also have custom made LED sign board decals to replace the very lame looking ones supplied with the kit. Print 'em out on some inkjet decal paper, and you should be good to go!

Anyone who would like me to send them the scans can email me at shaun.doniger@gmail.com

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]