By 69428scj
Yes you did, and I still have a low res copy, but my intent is to scan high res versions of these and the 50 or so more pictures and concept drawings that I have. I should also mention that these pictures are not mine, I'm merely the caretaker for them since they belong to V71. He's been gracious enough to let me borrow them so I can scan and preserve. Btw, that GBII 1A logo, that's an original extra one they made.
Gareee liked this
By 910dohead
69428scj wrote:Btw, that GBII 1A logo, that's an original extra one they made.
That's so awesome!

It's awesome seeing the caddy in its pre-ecto state, although I don't agree with the original color. I had a buick boat that was the same color. Dreadful. However, that coach is a thing of beauty regardless of its color.
By Fifthrider
Cool pics Loren. Even the envelope is a collector's item for having Dane's name on it.

Although I've never seen any of those pics before, I do recognize that shop as a background. I've seen other Polaroids publicly posted years ago that had someone like Peter Mosen in the shot, something like that. Of course I've only seen 3-4 of those so to see a couple dozen more is a real treat. Thanks.
By d_osborn
I love the original, slightly different GB2 logo and the scratched out "windswept" Slimer hood ornament in the 1A art. Funny stuff!

It's great that Sean's Steve Dane art is getting out there. Just wait until you guys see the rest of it. It's NUTS! Really cool! Thanks for posting!
Fifthrider wrote: I've seen other Polaroids publicly posted years ago that had someone like Peter Mosen in the shot, something like that.
Are you maybe thinking of the 1A? Joe Kerezman posted a few old pics a few years ago of him in a similar warehouse with the 1A. He said it was right after GB2 finished filming.
Fifthrider liked this
By jackdoud
So I'd always heard that this was the pre-pro Ecto 1:

Unless that one became the "junker" version:

Doesn't the car shown in these pictures have the incorrect interior for the GB1 car? I can't imagine they'd change a detail like that for the hell of it plus there seems to be no flite trim on the car in these pics? Could this be the pre-pro 1A?
By 69428scj
Jack, you are correct that the red one became the primered one. That car became the promotional cat for the movie and is easily identifiable today by its red interior. The pictures I'm showing are of the Ecto before it was converted to its current state as "The Ectomobile" if you look at some of the pics Paul Francis had taken off the car, you can see where the studio masked off the car as some of the original golden brown paint was still visible.
By ramcuda
Jack the red car is the junker for sure,,, it was rented from a PCS members Dad for use in the movie .. Loren can correct me if im wrong on this ... The red/junker has been moved in to deep storage by the owner ...

Loren thanks for posting the pics I love build pics and concept drawing ....Sorry we missed you when you came back to the bay Area ...
By 69428scj
The car was leased and eventually the studio bought it then sold to the man in Ricky River Ohio. The last known display of the car I'm aware of was at the Virginia transportation museum a coupe years ago. I don't know where it is at the moment. Good news though, more pictures tomorrow!
By 69428scj
Alright, as promised...here are more pictures! Some of these we've seen before in various packages, but these are pictures of the original drawings. I'm going to break this up into a couple posts for different content theme. So, here is some awesome 1A pics!

Roof rack and label sketches

Vehicle concept drawings

Here is a pic of 3 original 1A door logos and the folder they came in, they're a single print, not multiple pieces like I thought they would be. If anyone is interested, The Earl Hayes Press is still in business.
By 69428scj
Here are a few more miscellaneous Ecto 1 pictures and drawings

This drawing is on wax paper is very fragile, not sure who drew it

Wouldn't it have been cool had they actually used this??

Here are pics of the 1 as it was loaded onto the trailer getting ready for shooting GBII. As you can see, even back then they weren't treating the car properly. The pictures show some pretty great original details about the car.
By d_osborn
69428scj wrote: This drawing is on wax paper is very fragile, not sure who drew it
This drawing was used in some licensing art. There are a few small changes, but that definitely looks like the sketch. The one that pops in my head is the Ghostbusters Meet the Laser Ghost book, but I'm pretty sure it was used in a few other places. It's cool to see the original art.
By Matt Campbell
This is pretty cool, interesting to see the concept drawings of the 1 and the 1A. Thanks for sharing!

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]