I remember being in awe at past DragonCons seeing the various Ectos in the parade. I also thought it was cool to see people (like Chace) who made a modern interpretation of what an Ectomobile would look like today. Heck, in the Ghostbusters universirse they would have had to setup franchises in the last 30 years to keep up with all of the bustin' that would need to be done once the public had accepted the existence of ghosts and the need for people to get rid of them. This was even mentioned at the end of the video game.
Side Note1: Wouldn't it be safe to assume that in 30 years there would be competitors to spring up? What would they be called? What would they look like? Hmm....
I recently totaled my current Jeep Grand Cherokee...
Luckily everyone was fine. Thanks to USAA and the GAP protection I bought, the loan was wiped out and I was able to get a newer Jeep Grand Cherokee...AND...my wife really wanted the white one which was fine with me (because of ulterior motives lol).
So I can turn this bad boy into an Ecto. The catch is that nothing can be permanently attached (this is our primary daily driver after all). I cannot drill into the Jeep, must use magnets, etc. Basically, I want to build a setup that can:
- Attach/detach to the luggage rack.
- Possibly breakdown and fit inside the Jeep for road trips.
- Is safe for moderate driving.
- Has functioning lights and siren.
- Feeds off it's own battery supply (not the Jeep battery).
- Possibly is controlled by a remote. All I would need would be Lights On/Off, and Siren On/Off
So this is where I need your guys help an insights. Since this is a interpretation of what a brand new modern Ecto can look like I don't have to worry about "screen accuracy" only would the general public recognize it as a modern Ghostbusters vehicle. Consider it a blank canvass! Here is what I could come up with so far....
Something like this for the lights. Do you guys think I should go with Amber or is it ok to use Blue lights?
Here is the mfg's website It comes with:
- Voltage: 11~15-Volt DC
- Eight (16) different light flashing patterns
- Ten(10) light modules each containing four 0.5-watt GEN III LED's
- Illuminated control box
- 6 different emergency sounds
- 80 watt PA speaker & microphone
- Magnet pull strength 55 lbs. All 4 magnets are rubber covered to protect the vehicles paint
- Dimensions: 23-1/2"" L x 12" W x 4"
What are your ideas?