This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Mildly considering getting something like this for the Ecto. I'm already going to have the sat from Ecto 1A... I wonder waht the "rules/laws" are about having it on and actually showing words while I'm driving though....

http://www.amazon.com/NEOPlex-Programma ... s=led+sign
Hmm, I'd have thought that might count as a "distraction to other drivers", though as with flashing lights, the laws are going to vary depending on where you live.
Personally, I always found those signs a bit too tacky on 1A.
I was lucky enough to get some Ecto-1 labels from Martin over the weekend!

I'm not going to add them JUST yet because I'd like to either repaint my tanks or redo them completely but it made me super excited to get my sniffer done! :D
Well fall is coming and I've gotta get my butt in gear. I'm going to browse the forums a little and see what is going to be the best way to power this light bar. My idea was to have a car battery mounted up in the roof rack. I don't really want to have it running off of the car battery but... that leaves my control box possible up there as well. Not the easiest location to turn the thing off and on.

Gonna spend a lot of time reading this thread here and see what I can come up with.

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=25159
I think you're totally fine putting them on the car. The main rule I follow is to put whatever you want on the car, but turn on NONE of it unless it's a special event.

If you do want the LED signs on, just set them to amber colors at the very least. No flashing red/blue.

The light bar stuff is easy to wire up. I just wire mine into the battery with a 50amp fuse. I run two Mx7000 bars off of it without any problems. The second battery system works fine, but my Jeep has a big battery/alternator, so it's not an issue.

You can put the control switch anywhere you want it. Just run the wires into the cab.
TexasBuster wrote: The main rule I follow is to put whatever you want on the car, but turn on NONE of it unless it's a special event.
Yeah I can't have any of the lights running at all in the state of Ohio unless I'm at some kind of event.

I think another thing I'm really concerns about is how else to enforce the actual light bar. I have a few ideas but some of it requires welding which I don't know the first thing about. It has magnets on it but I have no idea what strength they are. I need to get covers for them and 3M sheets so it doesn't scratch the hell out of my car. I also wanted to use straps or something. So many possibilities.
There was a point where I just accepted that this stuff is going to scratch my car. I learned to do paint touch-ups on the dot.

The magnets will be fine unless you're going 140mph.

If you're worried about the magnets scratching the car, and they can(and they also collect rust scraps), place some vinyl squares on the car where the magnets rest.
ieatmousetraps liked this
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]