Yeah - the U bolts aren't holding the way I wanted. i was going to try foam or wood between them and the bar to help. Honestly... I kind of like them crooked xD hahaha
That looks amazing! Great Job!
ieatmousetraps liked this
Made a few slight upgrades in preparation for the Do Dah Parade in Columbus on Saturday. Going to have to try something different to get the tanks on there again. Wish me luck! Managed to get a strobe mounted to the center of the rack too but I don't have pictures of that yet.

I also added some caution tape along the edges and the back. It attracts a lot more attention now.

Going to whine and complain a little bit here. Related to the build but also not..

So I've been searching for a lightbar here for a while. About a month ago this girl gets in contact with me on Facebook about her friend in Utah who is selling his lightbar. He's a former Ghostbuster and decided to get out of the group due to some drama and was selling off all of his stuff. Seems like a new Ghostbusters dream if you're looking for parts!

So I talk to the guy, get the measurements of the bar, some pictures and have him test it out to make sure it's all working. One bulb is burnt out but outside of that- nothing that isn't fixable. I pay him $100 up front and $50 shipping ( all through paypal)

It's 45 days later and he still hasn't shipped the thing. I've gotten excuse after excuse on why he hasn't shipped it. "My daughter is sick." "Family in from out of town and not sure when they are leaving." and now " I sprained my arm."

Now... it's financial hardship. I'm sorry that you may or may not be in a tough spot. But I sent you the money paying for an item and it's shipping. You don't go and spend the money i gave you without shipping the item first. You use it FOR THE SHIPPING!

He has until tonight to either ship my lightbar or process a refund. Which he know wont process because he doesn't have the funds. I guess I'll see if this is legit or not by the end of the night but now I don't even know what to expect when I get this lightbar. Is it going to be significantly different than the pictures? Will it even work?

I'm close to just filing a claim, getting paypal to give me my money back ( I have 180 days from payment to submit a claim, thank god) and start my search on another lightbar.

:boogieman:
Check out the Code 3 MX7000... That's what I have... You can find some used ones on eBay for about the same price you were given for that last transaction...
Thanks Phil! I will look into them for sure.

To everyone:
So- I know a lot of people keep signs in their windows for events. Like- no touching, photography allowed. I was hoping to find a thread with some examples of some. The other guys in the Columbus Ghostbuster's are going to hook me up with one but what other kinds of signs do you guys have in your windows?
I am one of those types of people who looks at modern ecto's, and throws my 2 cents out there. For one....me personally... I am not a fan of ecto's that are not a shade of white, if you plan on keeping it that way for a daily driver instead of halloween. Black if done right can be pulled off too. Now your not doing a bad job at all, you're taking your time and making the components look right.....Instead of crap pulled out of a junkyard and thrown on. And it's not over the top like most people do. There are some real ugly ecto's on here. But since it is a modern car.... why not use modern lightbars? Again....just my opinion that big rotators look goofy on cars made after the early 90's.... But yes definitely file the claim with paypal and get your money back lady!

If you don't wanna spend too much on modern stuff...check out: http://www.speedtechlights.com/

It may not be the most highest quality stuff. But I have had the lights on my Xterra a long while and used quite alot....You can see my setup here: https://www.facebook.com/Bloodvaynedotc ... 1842575769 And also have a lightbar in my rear window.

And don't ever go cheap finishing the roof rack either even if you're pressed for time...no such thing lol. Take your time and do it right. Or it ends up looking like the temp setup used on my X for filming purposes lol....Case in point:

Thought for sure that thing was gonna rip off going over 40 mph doing some scenes lol.

Will I ever do an ecto? No..... If you lurk around here long enough in the Ectomobiles section....you'll see a majority of people who ectofy their cars...end up having some sort of issues. There is this thing called the Ecto Curse... ;)

Good luck with your project. Look forward to seeing the finished results. And I hope you can make me eat my criticism.
Good points, Scott... Personally, I love the look of rotator lightbars when compared to LED lightbars... but that's just me... =P
I think it's coming along very nice. I have a modern ecto build on here. I never expected it to get many likes on here tho because for one my car isn't white or black. It's silver. But I'm happy with it and it gets a lot of attention. I have rotator lightbars on mine. Both different. But they were what I could find at the time. I actually just built a new rack for my car as you can see in my build thread. Some people will not like our ecto's cuz they ain't the original vehicles from the movie but I say as long as your happy with it that's all that matters. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your progress. Keep up the great work.
My car is black, so instead of going the way of getting my car repainted, I decided to go the way of Aykroyd's original concept - black with purple lightbars! Once I get the chance, I will tint my lightbar purple...

It truly is great seeing your progress, Kaitlin, and man, am I jealous of how much work you've already had done since you started... Someday, I will get to working on mine... =P
My overall plan is to eventually paint or plastidip the car white. : ) I jut have to save up the money for it on top of saving up for my proton pack.

Thanks for all the advice guys! Especially on the light bar thing.

Supposedly the guy is going to send it to me Monday. Time will tell. Here's some pictures of the lightbar on his car. Assuming he doesn't send this one I will look at more updated lightbars : )

I however do have a few minor updates on my car! I managed to get a good "dusk" picture and added the spotlight to the car. I will have to move the siren over slightly because it's uneven from the strobe and the spotlight but OMG THE SPOTLIGHT LOOKS GO GOOD YOU GUYS!

Now to move onto the white box, fan box, sniffer and other things : )

You're all awesome and thank you so much for the support.
Also- Columbus Ghostbusters were in the Doo Dah Parade yesterday and someone snapped these. So happy!: D

This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

So, the bug guard from my rack broke over the weekend. The entire corner of it snapped off. We managed to assemble it back together with some epoxy but it looks.......... no bueno.

Instead of scrapping it all together I've decided to buy this to cover the front of it.
(which happens to be almost the exact dimensions of the bug guard)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EY2 ... ge_o01_s00

Fingers crossed that it looks okay. Wasn't part of my original design plan but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I've noticed that without the bug guard the wind sweeping into my cargo rack is LOUD- hoping that once it's back on it dies down a bit. I will not let the Ecto Curse touch me! :sigh:

Also got this monster to put on the hood. I'm going to have a hell of a time finding a magnet sheet this big that isn't rolled up though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EY2 ... ge_o00_s00
Smeghead wrote:Is that the "Venkman strut" you're doing there? :P
Jealous of my dancing skills? ;)
Smeghead liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Ecto-1 fan wrote:Here's something that shouldn't blow off at "normal" speeds:

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/produ ... oduct=3363

Let it flatten for a couple of days before sticking it on. Seems to help if the car surface is warm.
Nice! I was looking at this set as well but the one you posted is cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/Magnum-Magnetics- ... t+sheet+24

However it says 24" and the decal is 22"x25" :(

Edit: which is why I bought only the decals to start ;)
Careful, those copper looking brackets you're using for the deck lights on the rack rust out really quickly. I used some and had to swap them out after one rain event.
TexasBuster wrote:Careful, those copper looking brackets you're using for the deck lights on the rack rust out really quickly. I used some and had to swap them out after one rain event.
Good o know. What did you swap to? It just rained a ton here and I do NOT wanna lose that spotlight. It's my favorite piece.
Well. It took a while. But I finally got the light bar! I was nervous about it being a Street Hawk- I know there are some GB's out there that hate them. Honestly... I'm pretty happy with it. Even the size seems perfect! I connected it to the car battery for a bit to make sure that it ran. With all the issues getting him to ship it, I wanted to make sure right away.

One of the amber lights on the back is burnt out so I'll have to replace that bulb. And one of the rotors on the right hand side stalls and stutters a bit- hopefully that's just gunk in the gear. Something I can clean up and repair easily.

I think I'm going to replace the wiring that comes out of it to give it a cleaner look, maybe give it a new conduit hose. I also want to look into completely remaking the switch box. It's plastic and filthy- and there's a few chips in the plastic. That just wont do. I may also replace the magnets on the bottom. The rubber stuff covering them looks really worn and is peeling off. So I only left it on top of the car for a few moments to see what it looked like. I think cleaning it up is going to be a fun project.

Any tips for what products to use or not to use on cleaning the lenses and the metal on top of it? I've heard toothpaste does wonders on headlights so...

Smeghead liked this
I may have just found a couple of oscilloscope's at an auction that'll be ending this Thursday. I really shouldn't go buy them. I have no where to put them. But I want them. >.<

If anyone else in Ohio is interested in them: http://www.go-dove.com/en/auction/searc ... eU9QC522VV
Also- if anyone has found a microstrobe 470s-1280 clear lenses let me know.

I've been watching ebay recently and have only found red and blue.

I um.... Didn't think this through too well.

Today is the 5 year anniversary of the day my mom passed away. So I drove an hour to go see her and put some flowers at her grave. I didn't realize my mistake until I was already there.

Mom would think it's hilarious though. I love you mom!!!!!

twmedford23 liked this
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]