is it universal hollywood or orlando it keeps claiming it's from? i have a photo some where of the 1a from universal orlando from years ago but at the moment i cant find the damn thing.

when i do, not that it'll help much, i'll post it. i dont remember the back end looking like that though. hell not even on the universal orlando ecto 1.
Borzou liked this
I think it is a fun Ecto-1a.. but I just wished the claims were not made without some kind of proof.

I also think some people will be mislead into thinking it is a 59, since that's what the auction says. (Even though it mentioned titled as a 63..) I think people that don't know better will think it is a 59. (Which is a good thing.. but when you're selling it.. you need to say it).

It only has 1 LED sign board on 1 side. I would think that would be mentioned too. There is only one photo of the side without the signboard. Unfortunately somewhat misleading.
IT HAS BEEN KEPT INDOORS AT ALL TIMES.
Wut?
I know that its been stated already that this car wasn't used, but you guys keep saying that you're pretty sure, well I can say conclusively that this car was never used at USF. They only ever had two cars in the park, and those were the Ecto-1, which was a '59 Cadillac Miller-Meteor that Universal bought, then turned into an Ecto on their own (this is the one everyone always talks about, which was stripped of its Ecto-mods and sold to a private buyer), and the Ecto-1a, (which was the ACTUAL Ecto-1a from the movie as everyone knows). Universal never had a Fleetwood ambulance doubling as the Ecto. This is information based on having been to Universal studios many many times as a kid, years spent working in that park, and talking to dozens of people who had been there when the show(s) were running, or had been IN the show itself.
Ah, found pics.

Ecto-1a: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eblbQvEgs0s/T ... usters.JPG
The background is definitely Universal's New York area, the green subway stop is the landmark for all the pics of Ecto-1a, because thats where it was always parked, across from the old Firehouse that used to house the show.

Ecto-1: http://www.gbgrid.com/images/pictures/uniecto.jpg
Obviously the giant board sign for the Lost World places it and dates it, as Universal promotes their biggest movie of the year by putting it up on a billboard in the park.
ProtonCharger wrote:is it universal hollywood or orlando it keeps claiming it's from?
I'm no expert on all-things-Universal but I don't think the Hollywood park ever had an Ecto, real or replica, at anytime. Anyone claiming to have an Ecto from USH should automatically be identified as fraud.
Fifthrider wrote: I'm no expert on all-things-Universal but I don't think the Hollywood park ever had an Ecto.
I know USH and its history very well and I can say without a modicum of doubt that Universal Hollywood never had an Ecto or anything there to do with Ghostbusters.
I just got word that the 64/63/59 Ecto-1a sold to someone at the Make a Wish Foundation.

In the end they were not able to get any kind of proof that it was used at Universal, and I'm sure the seller (who had only recently purchased the car) was just going off of what the guy he bought it from had said.

It's disappointing... but I still think its a pretty cool looking Ecto.
That rust is about average for a car like that. My '60 had worse rust and the '59 was bondo and paint over a lot of rust. Every 10 years you pretty much have to strip the car bare and rotisserie it with sandblasting then weld on new metal. People think my Sup is great until they see under it. Yep, rust everywhere, and we just blasted it a few years ago. Rust is just par for the course so don't let the pic dissuade any buyer.

The worst looks to be the hood and that can outright be replaced with another.

The pics of a car in an auction and what you actually see when you're up close with the car almost never compare. Typically the car in person is way worse but sometimes you'll find a pic made a car look hopeless but in reality it's not that bad. One thing's for sure, that car is getting bodywork all around before it's useable anyways so why worry? The new buyer IS ( whether they like it or not ) going to have to take that car down to metal before building it up to anything.

It's already got many hard to locate interior objects like the switches on the dash and the back seat ambulance configuration. For that price, it's already worth it.
This car was owned by a personal friend of mine who lives in Georgia. The car is original paint and in very excellent condition minus a few issues on the driver's quarter. Hell, it still has the original spare right behind the front seat!. He sold it for less than the current bid...so just think, someone on here could've had it for less than that!
She's a beaut!
EctoVR6 wrote:
zeta otaku wrote:That is in beautiful condition! It would almost be a shame to retrofit windows on the rear and convert it.
If you found a good painter they could make it look like windows in the back and make it look as though you could see in the back.
What I was getting at is that the car is in such immaculate shape, any work done on it to would be a shame. The car looks brand new.

Just my opinion anyway. I'm fine with people fixing up and converting wrecks and rust bombs, but a car like this, in such amazing condition should just be left as-is.

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo f[…]

@GBfan77 No when I turn it off it still keeps firi[…]

Just to throw my experience in there. I've bough[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]