Sadly that auction has ended prematurely with the reasoning "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess why he took it down had something to do with his fondness for the car in it's current state. He made some mention of having it for 10 years, keeping the funeral placard, etc. Strikes me as a pro car guy who wants it to remain a pro car. Maybe VideoBoob PM'd him and said he wanted to do things with this car that would make him uncomfortable. I'd take the auction down, too.
jackdoud wrote:Eww...

At least it's a superior.
I'd call it an Inferior.

It's close to the coolness of a Zach Helm car but not quite. It's rust, a single rotator, a fuzzy spider hood ornament, and an inexplicable spoiler on the roof. ...ya know, because these cars go so fast. ....assuming they're on a fast flatbed tow truck.
Ecto-1 fan, SPJ, Tyrael liked this
Fifthrider wrote:...an inexplicable spoiler on the roof. ...ya know, because these cars go so fast. ....assuming they're on a fast flatbed tow truck.
...or they have a nice Chevy 454 BIG block engine ;c)

Sorry, I had to say it...it'll still go slow.
Fifthrider liked this
SabaSka109 wrote:...or they have a nice Chevy 454 BIG block engine ;c)

Sorry, I had to say it.
You... You earned it. :crunch:

Yours will be the only Ecto I know of that CAN go fast. God help all the people at the stop light at the bottom of the hill if it turns yellow just as you're approaching.

CPU64... Every time I see that username I think "quality V-hooks." It's been probably 10 years and that's still the first thing to pop into my head.
Good luck! I hope you realize it's going to cost many, many, many thousands of dollars to restore it nicely. If you do and are committed then that's awesome.
Tyrael liked this
Ya, Im a good shade tree mechanic, so the mechanical work is in good hands. The body work is goong to be a joint ventue between myself and a friend who works at a body shop, so Im looking forward to learning about bondo and making body repairs. Im in no rush to throw this thing together half ass. I look forward to asking you guys opinions on the build, and welcome any tips and criticism. Thanks for the kind words Saba!
Um...if you want a pro-car quality job it sure does cost thousands and thousands. Painting it alone (professionally) you're probably looking at close to 10K.
Tyrael liked this
Yes, doing a proper restore involves many manhours and thousands of dollars to do correctly. While there are things that I can do on my own, that doesn't mean I'll be doing a half assed job. I'm a good mechanic, and know my way around and older model car. As far as the body work, I know nothing about body work, however I have a friend who I've known since freshman year of high school that said he would help me do the work for the cost of the parts. I have no interest in doing a shoddy job, I want this to be something I'd be proud to drive around in and show off. Thanks Sab for the concern, I value your input and greatly enjoyed your build thread, and was inspired by it. Thanks again, and please don't hesitate to give constructive critisism!
caleconners83 I will waite to see you progress ,good luck,Martin

My car was in the Montréal car show and a man come talking to me and he say he take picture of ghostbusters when he was goin in holyday with is family in 1986 he sent me this picture ,now this car is owned by Sean

Pictures taking in July 1986 on Garden State Parkway South of New Jersey direction Wildwood.

Martin
If i had seen this car in 1986 I would have been pretty happy. I live in New Jersey, (yeah maybe I shouldn't admit that :-P ) and lived in NJ back then when I was 8. Would have been the first time I would have been aware an Ecto had ever been in my state.

I do remember when this car was on eBay and thinking something like an Ecto replica in Jersey? Only if I had like $10,000 and parking for this behemoth :wrongforum: back then. I was glad someone who could do something with it won it, even if it had to go across country. Some day I need to see this car.
Ya I think one of the UK Ecto's is built on a square back .... ( boomer has a pic i think ) )

and that car i think sold to on of the PCS members .... was on ebay for like 5 minuets...
well, I picked the car up yesterday evening. She needed a jump to get started, but once she roared to life, she was purring like a kitten! AAA towed the car all the way to my house, 191 miles, for free! I started going through the vehicle today, making notes as to what was most urgent, under the hood. my friend is coming by tomorrow to take a look at the body, and to help me begin to get the dents out. I'll be snapping pics beginning tomorrow when I start my build thread.
I flew to Houston Saturday... I bought this car from BK Automotive

http://www.bkauto.net/1959%20Cadillac%20Ambulance.htm

It has sat outside for 4 or 5 years since he took the photos at the bottom of his page of the car painted. The body needs to be gone over again. I am getting him to put por15 on the frame and powder coating everything else possible underneath the car... Any opinions on this S&S? anyone know anything of the quality of work BK does?

One thing that might be hard to come by are the lightbars for the roof. Anyone know where to find the right ones for an ectomobile?
drcaron wrote:caleconners83 I will waite to see you progress ,good luck,Martin

My car was in the Montréal car show and a man come talking to me and he say he take picture of ghostbusters when he was goin in holyday with is family in 1986 he sent me this picture ,now this car is owned by Sean

Pictures taking in July 1986 on Garden State Parkway South of New Jersey direction Wildwood.

Martin
That's Venkman71 (I think thats his SN) MM before he bought it a few years ago..
Iwillgetyouswayzie wrote:I flew to Houston Saturday... I bought this car from BK Automotive

http://www.bkauto.net/1959%20Cadillac%20Ambulance.htm

It has sat outside for 4 or 5 years since he took the photos at the bottom of his page of the car painted. The body needs to be gone over again. I am getting him to put por15 on the frame and powder coating everything else possible underneath the car... Any opinions on this S&S? anyone know anything of the quality of work BK does?

One thing that might be hard to come by are the lightbars for the roof. Anyone know where to find the right ones for an ectomobile?
That's quite a feat right there.

The lightbars are around. Just look for Code 3 XL's. Check Craigslist. I see them pop up now and then.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Here the link for a 1961 Miler Meteor on eBay ,the car look in good condition ,if you look at the back you can see a 1959 Cadillac Superior hearse on the picture but is not for sale

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-Other- ... ars_Trucks

Martin
Last edited by Kingpin on March 8th, 2014, 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed url code

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]