By Heroic35
My last few weeks have been filled with the news of this:

We have tried for 4 years and finally got the good news so I am very excited. With that being said, I saw this:

So I went on a search for an older Little Tikes Cozy Coupe as the new ones have eyes and a mouth. Yikes. I was lucky enough to have a friendly Fire Chief who happened to have one and he donated it to the cause.

So I am all about this project!

Any ideas and input would be greatly appreciated.

alphabeta001 liked this
By TK5759
Heroic35 wrote:My last few weeks have been filled with the news of this:

CONGRATULATIONS! :) Being a proud papa of three future ghostbusters myself, I can feel your pride and I'm happy for you!
I'd say do up the car just like the one you featured:

If you can't find all the bits and pieces, well, that's the beauty of the Ecto-you can do it any way you like. If my experience with my kids and their Little Tikes car tells me anything, don't invest too much time/money/effort into making it absolutely perfect because it'll take a lot of abuse over the years. When we had our first, my wife and I had to have everything new and pristine. Now it's like, "Can't we find this at a garage sale for 25¢?"
By Heroic35
Oh man, I thrift shop everything. I go to goodwill weekly to find books and toys from the 80s/90s so my kid can be unique. I feature a lot of my finds in the blog in my signature.

Appreciate the feedback TK5759. I just got done with the primer coats. Will post pics when I'm less sticky.
By TK5759
Heroic35 wrote:Oh man, I thrift shop everything. I go to goodwill weekly to find books and toys from the 80s/90s so my kid can be unique. I feature a lot of my finds in the blog in my signature.

Appreciate the feedback TK5759. I just got done with the primer coats. Will post pics when I'm less sticky.
No problem Heroic35! I see you're in MN, what part? Maybe we can get together for a beer sometime! :)
By Heroic35
TK5759 wrote:
Heroic35 wrote:Oh man, I thrift shop everything. I go to goodwill weekly to find books and toys from the 80s/90s so my kid can be unique. I feature a lot of my finds in the blog in my signature.

No problem Heroic35! I see you're in MN, what part? Maybe we can get together for a beer sometime! :)

I'm an hour north of Duluth.
By Heroic35
I have those same lights and I don't know how much I care for them as you can't turn them sideways to run. The motor slips and grinds.

A friend of mine did this veto-1 and used a different style.

EctoRubes14 liked this
By EctoRubes14
Heroic35 wrote:I have those same lights and I don't know how much I care for them as you can't turn them sideways to run. The motor slips and grinds.

A friend of mine did this veto-1 and used a different style.

Were these blue light purchased online or custom built?

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]