By Nassik
I've recently bought a new (for me) 2014 Kia Grand Carnival. The plan is to turn it into a modern ECTO. As my appearance around this sub-forum reveals, I'm sorting out the artwork for the vehicle's decals. The plan is to have the decals made and installed by a shop.

Here is the concept for the decal layout:

The proper logo, striping, and text are easy enough to sort. The "Call Us" bit is the only unknown at this point. A combination of Filmotype Kingston and Rage Italic fonts (mixed in with a touch of a paintbrush in Photoshop) is the closest I've been able to get so far. The "Call Us" in this proof was pulled from a low resolution jpg.

At the moment I've requested four quotes for the decal work. I'm now waiting for any response.
Last edited by Nassik on March 27th, 2016, 9:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Nassik
Utes... the ugly union of a car and a truck. I never liked the El Camino when I lived in the U.S... I moved to Australia and the things are everywhere. :(

The Kia Carnival has a lot of interior space, which is great for hauling things like proton packs around.

Here's what I've got for the text decals:

You were right on the caution stripes... they should have more of an orange hue.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h161/ ... 1sxmbd.jpg

Last edited by Nassik on March 25th, 2016, 9:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
By Nassik
Despite only showing a Photoshop mock-up before, I actually do have the Kia.

It goes in to a sign shop on Wednesday for measuring. They'll take my artwork and make decals of it. Once that's ready (in a couple of days or so) I'll bring the Kia back in to get the decals applied.

Now I'm starting to look at roof rack possibilities.
By Nassik
The decal work has been ordered. It'll get installed on the Kia next week (a little longer than I expected).
The actual installation should only take an hour or so. While I was there, I ordered some decals for the roof rack.

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]