By VonDoom
Hey so I'm thinking of working on an ectomobile sometime over the next couple of years. I've decided I want to go with the station wagon look. I found one station wagon I like but I'm now wondering about decal design. So far I've come up with the following (roof rack will be more modern then in the pictures) I'm thinking the red might be to much but it seems to be growing on me and follows a natural line of the car (the red section angles in and goes from the front to rear lights). Any ideas or suggestions for the design or even other car model suggestions? (I'm wanting a 4 cylinder auto starting from 2010 and I'm in Australia so selection is somewhat limited)

ImageImage
By zeta otaku
Ditch the side ladder all together, you're just asking for trouble with one. I think if you taper the red stripe so it thins out as it goes towards the front may improve the look a bit. The hazard striping? Less is more, I feel. Maybe just keep it along the sides of the car and the rear bumper.

This is just my personal tastes, but I'd also lose the hood logo
VonDoom liked this
Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking the same thing about the red in tapering it, might even try repositioning it like PSlimed suggested and see how that looks. zeta I was also never a fan of the hood logo (hell you barely notice it on the Ecto-1A throughout the movie). Consider the ladder gone.
Boomerjinks wrote:Check your proportions. That ladder is as wide as the fuel door.

Also the design seems gaudy.
It's a digibash so of course the proportions are not going to be accurate. As I said the roof rack is going to be more modern, so you know, not the one in the picture, but will feature certain elements from it. The whole rack in the picture is stretched and distorted including the ladder because this vehicle isn't the same size as the original Ecto-1 and the vehicle I altered isn't in the exact same position as the image of the Ecto I took it from.
Good call on the ladder. I know it wasn't to scale, but even so, unless that sucker is secure, you run the risk of it rubbing against the car and damaging the paint, getting caught on things while driving, or worse yet, people climbing on it while you're parked somewhere. While my car isn't a full time Ecto, I DO have a bull bar attached and I can't tell you how many times I've come out of the mall to see people sitting or standing on it for whatever reason.
I can see how it would be tempting for idiots to climb onto and give them way to easy access to the roof to do god knows what to all the little parts up there. Area I live in does have quite a few vandals who like breaking parts off cars. As someone who would have been impaled by a car that had a metal bar protruding diagonally from it (thankfully a workmate who was facing the oncoming car's direction shoved me out of it's path), the ladder could also easily become a hazard especially if it came loose.
    New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]