This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I'm really excited to turn my 2016 Ural cT into an Ecto-3. Here's a picture of this beautiful bike now (not my bike, but identical):

Obviously, she'll need No Ghost decals on the sides of the sidecar and a magnetic police light on top of the sidecar (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BNOI8G/re ... UTF8&psc=1). I can carry gear and/or another Ghostbuster in the sidecar, of course.

As for the sidecar luggage rack, I thought about just using that to hold the proton packs; but I'm curious to see if I could turn it into a miniature roofrack setup. Here's another look at the rack:

Would love to hear your suggestions.
redfive1973 liked this
MightyAni wrote:What is this glorious piece of modern engineering and where may I procure one!!
Not exactly modern, but definitely glorious! It's a russian sidecar motorcycle from Ural; they've been making pretty much the same motorcycles since the 1940's, just with some of the technology updated. Check them out at http://www.imz-ural.com/. Their parts catalog has lots of cool stuff I've been thinking might make for good Ecto-3 accessories. They even have a machine gun mount that I guess I could mount a slime cannon on eventually.
Noremon liked this
So this project didn't happen last year (Bike was being shipped from portland and didn't arrive until around Christmas), but with Halloween around the corner and hopefully some more Ghostbustering after that, I'm read to give this a shot. I think I'll need a siren (I've got a good blue tooth speaker that can do the trick), a beacon light (What color do you all recommend? I'm in Texas; will have to look up local laws about that sort of thing), and old O2 tank I can paint green or yellow... and what else? Would love your thoughts and ideas!
Possibilities of this are endless. That is a great looking setup too (fun fact, the Urals are where we get the name for the [J]urassic period) one of the places you can look for some idea of color/layour scheme would be the IDW comics they have a bike appear in issue #15 I think, although I think it is up to Ecto-5 there. There was that weird unicycle thing in the Real Ghostbusters cartoon too,

Egonzo wrote:Possibilities of this are endless. That is a great looking setup too (fun fact, the Urals are where we get the name for the [J]urassic period) one of the places you can look for some idea of color/layour scheme would be the IDW comics they have a bike appear in issue #15 I think, although I think it is up to Ecto-5 there. There was that weird unicycle thing in the Real Ghostbusters cartoon too,

Thanks! I was using the Ecto-3 from the cartoon as inspiration, since it's kind of a sidecar (thankfully mine isn't a unicycle). I'm going to keep the Red color, but I'm hoping it's close enough to the red from the no-ghost logo to do an inverted Ecto color scheme and still keep the blues and yellows from the roof rack setup. The biggest thing will be deciding what to put on the back luggage rack, adding a no-ghost logo and other decals to the sidecar, and of course driving it around in uniform.
I am thinking Slimer is going to love it. Got a visual of him with a pair of goggles scarf and hat like a turn of the century jalopy driver. Think overall that is is a really cool idea using your bike as an Ecto.
1chapelcredit liked this

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]