By D1gger
I have seen only a couple threads mention the feniex siren. I was looking at the Storm Pro 100 model, which is supposed to have the Ecto siren tones, and is available by itself on ebay for just over $100. I am going to scrounge a Federal siren speaker to put on the roof rack to run it through. Not all the listings for the Storm Pro 100 or 200 include the info about it having the Ecto siren, do some earlier models do not have the Ecto?

I also saw the thread about the Ecto sound being reduced in volume. How many of you are using this siren and is that everyone's experience?

The pics online only show the "brain", not the mic, control panel, etc. Can anyone help with images of the entire setup?

Thanks in advance.
By ImLost3
We have one mounted in the grill of our orange and white 1963 Caddy Ecto, and it is true it is not as ear splitting as the police tones, it is plenty loud. I was running it intermittently Halloween night, and had people from a few blocks away say they heard it and knew they had to come find the ghostbusters car.
By ECTO P71
I also have a W200 with 1 100W speaker behind my grill, I was in a parade with other people going lights/sirens and people said they could hear it from a ways, but it wasn't making anyones ears bleed. I will try and grab a few pictures I have and post them for you.
By D1gger
Some of the youtube reviews of the storm pro 100 are contradictory as far as what it looks like, what it comes with and what not, but every clip that plays through the tones shows that the Ecto 1 sounds are quieter than the other tones. I suppose that is good for a parade or display setting though since you just want everyone around to hear the proper sound, we really don't need to actually clear traffic out of our way. That's my reasoning behind also swapping out the 55w halogens in my 3-pod vector lightbar to probably 35w. I tried the cheap LED bulbs, but they were very much a disappointment and will be going back. I am trying to save some money by going with the 100w siren as it's only $109 without the speaker, and working in EMS I have access to used siren speakers...
By D1gger
Just one more question so I know how to wire it when it comes in: When you cut power to the entire unit, does it still remember which tone you have programmed to which switch position, or do you have to reprogram it again? I'm pretty sure it would retain the programming, but I just want to make sure...
By D1gger
I answered my own question. Yes, it retains the programming with all power cut off.

My Storm Pro 100w came in and I have it hooked up to a Federal Dynamax siren speaker. I like it a lot, it sure beats a blue tooth speaker looping off my phone! The only issues I have with it is that there is a slight drop out between wind-up and wail and the overall sound is a little scratchy, although that could be the fault of my used speaker. The other siren sounds come through clearly, so I think it has to do with the sampling of the Ecto audio. Still worthwhile though...
By D1gger
Just fully converted the car again for a major televised parade on Saturday. I have the Federal Dynamax speaker mounted on the roof, right behind the mini-vector lightbar. I have a feeling that I am going to be annoying people in the parade, this thing is LOUD! While testing it in my driveway, I was getting major echos through the hills around my house when I would shut it down. There is no built-in way to control the volume. The output is designed for a single 11ohm speaker(which the dynamax happens to be) and I can't seem to find an 11ohm L-pad anywhere. Are there any audio-electronics gurus out there that can help shed some light on adding a volume control inline between the siren module/amp and the speaker?
    The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]