By dartdemon340
Anyone have one of those grey CNU-239/E Sonobuoy shipping/storage containers on their Ecto? If so, how did you go about attaching it? I tried using two uni-strut 90 Degree peices and bolting that to a 2x4. Worked OK but wasn't the prettiest sitting on our makeshift Dodge Journey Ecto Conversion for a parade we had. Couldn't see much detail of how they did it in the movie.

Image20180316_165906 by Tom Cahoone, on Flickr
I have a sonobuoy storage tube, but I have yet to install it on an ecto. It's just sitting and collecting dust right now. However, I believe that it is attached to the Ecto-1A in much the same way as the A6 oxygen cylinders. A metal strap is looped around the round part of the tube on either side of the octagonal section, then bolted closed and welded to the frame.

To be fair though, the strap doesn't look like it is welded to the frame. It looks like there is an armature of some sort in the roof rack and it is mounted to that.

You can't really see what is there, but tube is way to the right of the rack frame, so I would say the straps are mounted to something inside the rack.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]