I'm nearing the completion of my ectomobile and am trying to understand the purpose of each part for when I explain things to curious members of the public. So far, with help of the Hayne's guide, I have most of the components figured out. Specifically, the sniffer, Radome, directional antenna, HVAC and sensitivity unit are well documented.

While the freon tanks are not necessarily explained, I have worked out that they are used to cool the various equipment on the roof rack, as microwave equipment does need to be cooled down.

My main question is about the Storage tube on the driver's side of the rack: what does it store? Is there a canon explanation or am I going to have to come up with a purpose?
Ive wondered what that's for too. If you are looking for a description to give someone asking what is just go with Sonobuoy in protective container like from Ecto1A (p77 Haynes manual). Id just use it to stash a fishin pole :)
My Dad has been doing a lot of research about the car and discovered Argon. Apparently argon has used in many scientific fields as a protective gas. It is also stored in green tanks frequently. Without a better explanation, that's going to be my story
Ectobond wrote:My main question is about the Storage tube on the driver's side of the rack: what does it store? Is there a canon explanation or am I going to have to come up with a purpose?
Fishing pole sounds like a pretty solid use. Never know when Venkman will be gone fishin'...

In my head, I had imagined the storage tube was Egon's catch-all for hoses, wires, pipeage, etc. Especially when you see Holtzmann's nest of wiring and hoses inside the '83 Fleetwood. It would make sense that Egon's OCD wouldn't be able to handle such a mess.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]