By BRD 527
Are the pair's of forward and rear facing lights (Blue on Ecto 1 / Green on Ecto 1A) in chrome housing's (infront of and behind the lightbars) Par 36 or Par 46? :blush:
By Kingpin
BRD 527 wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 6:49 pm Thanks! I mocked it up with a couple chrome unity spotlight housings just wasnt sure
eBay would be your first port of call I guess, beyond that, automotive stockists if they're most commonly-used for cars, light stockists if they aren't.
BRD 527 liked this
By BRD 527
Kingpin wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 7:06 pm
BRD 527 wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 6:49 pm Thanks! I mocked it up with a couple chrome unity spotlight housings just wasnt sure
eBay would be your first port of call I guess, beyond that, automotive stockists if they're most commonly-used for cars, light stockists if they aren't.
Ebay is always the first place I look but since the lights in question are Par46 and I have these old unity housings from post mounted spotlights I wonder if I could fab some kind of mounting bracket tho Id have to figure out a way to wire it lol. I upgraded the spotlights on my last two cars and the two cars before that swapped the chrome spotlight housing for black plastic. Im just bored going thru boxes in the garage tryin to find somthing to do came across the spotlight parts box lol

By BRD 527
Kingpin wrote: April 6th, 2020, 2:52 pm The housing you'd posted appears much more conical than the four blue spotlights on the roof:
I see :shock:

Every thing I have come across so far are black or silver like in the first two pic's you posted but I really like the chrome housings in the third pic
By Kingpin
BRD 527 wrote: April 7th, 2020, 6:55 amEvery thing I have come across so far are black or silver like in the first two pic's you posted but I really like the chrome housings in the third pic
The chrome finish was there on them in '83/'84:

They ended up that really dull silver when they and the rest of the car went through a fairly poor restoration around 2004-5, where most of Ecto-1's chrome pieces were painted silver. :angryvigo:
By 69428scj
BRD 527 wrote: April 7th, 2020, 6:55 am
Kingpin wrote: April 6th, 2020, 2:52 pm The housing you'd posted appears much more conical than the four blue spotlights on the roof:
I see :shock:

Every thing I have come across so far are black or silver like in the first two pic's you posted but I really like the chrome housings in the third pic
I literally posted what to search for 4 posts up. Look for Grote 64011 housings. They are chrome.
    Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]