By maggio_69
does anyone know the best way to mount the proton pack shell to the mother board? if you got pictures or a diagram that would be awsome.
By Ecto96
Ok, last night I was working on my pack, and this time I took pictures. Basically you attach bits of wood to the pack shell in various place, pretty much where mine are is where the originals had. Then you drill holes through the motherboard and screw into the wood on the other side.
Hope this helps.
As an added bonus, attaching the frame to the board is as simple as four small bolts. I drilled through my frame in the - part of the cross members racing up and down the middle of the frame. Hopefully you'll see what I mean.
Hope this all helps. The wood inside my pack body are screwed and glued into place for maximum hold. Happy propping!
By Exoray
Here's how the real deal was done, compliments of Ken and Sean...
By Ecto96
I had to have one on my power cell because of warping, would've left a gap. Either way, mine's pretty close as well to yours. *Shrug* whatever works works right?
By Exoray
mine's pretty close as well to yours. *Shrug* whatever works works right?

That's not mine, that is the real deal screen used...
By Ecto96
Ahh.. Well I can see how it would be easier to open up the pack.. Mine's a bit of a pain cause in a few places, the frame's in the way..
By maggio_69
those are awsome. thanks for the help. i really appriciate it.
By Coover5
this may sound stupid but how did the l brackets hold onto the pack. it doesn't seem liek there are screws to attach tot he shell and i can't tell if the bracket should go into a certain place ont he shell
By Lionbush
Yeah was wondering that too. There doesn't seem to be holes in the brackets to put bolts from the motherboeard through.
By RoboProp
There are indeed screw holes in the brackets, they just aren't visible in the picture.

Check out the pictures of the screen used packs. You'll see screw heads line up exactly where the brackets are.

BTW, Lady Ghost....I checked out your page. VERY nice work..... I too am a big Battlestar Galactica fan! :grin:
By Lionbush
How did they overcome the problem of tightening the bolts then as inside the pack will be effectively sealed once the shell is on the motherboard?

I've spent ages trying to think of how to do it. One option was to put a trap door on the motherboard so I can reach inside to hold the nuts while i screw the bolts. Option 2 was wood blocks inside the shell with tee nuts gripped into the wood.

Never done this kind of thing before so I'm not sure of the best and most stable way to do it.

It's our arthouse European sensibilities in effect[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last mil[…]

New details https://i.imgur.com/0cWzlPm.jpeg […]