Okay.

So ever since GBProps was started there have been problems with the Prop system on the site. Basically (since it was the only option on the site) people would upload things to their "Props" that were not props.

It started with Ecto-1 models from Polar Lights. Basically, since they were models of the Ecto-1.. people should upload them there.. right? No.

Then it started to happen with other things. Namely the "Other Props" section. People did not understand that it was for "Other Ghostbusters Props". Currently the Other Props section is home to things like Ghostbuster Tattoos, a Real Ghostbusters Lunchbox, a Back to the Future DeLorean (which is really cool) and even pictures of Mattel's Egon Action Figure. But needless to say.. none of these are "Other Ghostbusters Props" and I have no idea why they are being posted.

I have been pulling my hairs out for years over this.

So here is what I am thinking. When the Prop section began to get overrun by Art.. we added the art section. Now that the Prop section is once again being overrun.. this time by Collectibles.. why not expand there?

Basically. Everyone has a cool collection, and I would like to start allowing people to show those off (while uncluttering the prop section). Now the main thing I really need help with here is how do you organize a collection section?

Notce that the Props section is broken down (Proton Packs, Ghost Traps.. etc)
And the Fan Art section too (Ghostbusters, Real Ghostbusters, Vehicles, Equipment.. etc)

How would you break down a collections section?

Action Figures?
Vehicles (or Models)?

What else.

Please.. brainstorm in this thread. The sooner ideas come in the sooner this will be done and you guys will be able to share your items with your friends here on Ghostbusters Fans.
Basically what Zander said but I think more simplified to just a

Ghostbusters / Ghostbusters 2
figures / models / statues
Art

Real Ghostbusters / Extreme Ghostbusters
Figures
vehicles / accessories (I.e. firehouse etc)
Equipment
Misc. (I.E. lunch boxes, cereal Boxes)
Art

I don't think it should be spred too thin cause then you'll be popping in and out of different sections a lot.
Make it even Simpler how about this.

Action Figures
This would include anything GB related RGB and EGB also Plus Custom Figures

Ecto's
This would have GB I and II RGB and EGB Plus Custom Ecto's along with the RGB ecto's as well since they made a ba-gillion of them

Misc
This is where you would have the Firehouse, custom Lego Containment grids, Custom Firehouses, Lunchboxes, Role Play, RGB Packs/traps ect....things like that.

What do you think?
Thanks for the feedback so far guys.

I don't think I want to make it that complex. So there probably won't be a break down for Real Ghostbusters, or Extreme Ghostbusters and then have those broken down. (I initially wanted to just break them down like that). Additionally there is no need for adding an Art category.. since there already is a Fan Art section of the site.

What I do like so far is:

-Action Figures
-Models (Vehicles, Firehouses, Stay Puft... etc)
-Clothing (Good idea?)
-Dioramas (Everyone knows what those are?)
-Displays (For pics of your entire collection setup)
-Miscellaneous (but then people start posting crap in there that aren't collectibles!)
AJ Quick wrote:Thanks for the feedback so far guys.

I don't think I want to make it that complex. So there probably won't be a break down for Real Ghostbusters, or Extreme Ghostbusters and then have those broken down. (I initially wanted to just break them down like that). Additionally there is no need for adding an Art category.. since there already is a Fan Art section of the site.

What I do like so far is:

-Action Figures
-Models (Vehicles, Firehouses, Stay Puft... etc)
-Clothing (Good idea?)
-Dioramas (Everyone knows what those are?)
-Displays (For pics of your entire collection setup)
-Miscellaneous (but then people start posting crap in there that aren't collectibles!)
That would be good I think except for clothing, but them again it could be usefull for those "look what's at hot topic" threads the people seem to miss when it's announced on the main page or on proton charging.

For the dioramas, would that include the firehouse? or would it be for custome things like joeghostbusters firehouse he built for his Nephewes Minimates?
By art I meant like posters, film clips, photo's and books and things like that.
I like the break down you have AJ. Though having the other breakdowns in their respective areas wouldnt be a bad idea either

Ghostbuster1701 wrote:By art I meant like posters, film clips, photo's and books and things like that.
I think that what you mentioned should be spearated from art unless it has been made by the person posting about it. Like if you make your own poster or write your own book, then that should be included in art. But not somehting that mass produced for sale to the general public. I really dont see the need for a section for film clips unless it is a video you made yourself, in which case there is already a section for that.

Also, on a side note AJ, I would like to see an addition to the posts that is like Facebook's "Like" feature. There is another board that Im on and it has something like that (the board did have the feature before FB did) and the people there use a lot.
Personally I like a marked difference between custom and official product before I click on a thread. However if there's one "custom" section it would likely fill up with a huge variety of works. What if you kept the sections as they are but had a "custom" or "licensed" icon people could use to indicate whether the thread content was either. Just my 2 cents.
I like the way that http://www.gbcollector.com/ has its 'Toy Archive' section organized. (I would post a link directly to it, but it won't work for some reason!) Just click the 'Toy Archive' link at the top left of the page.

It it fairly detailed, and GBFans probably wouldn't need that much, as there is already the Toys section. http://www.gbfans.com/toys/

Considering the Toys section already in place, would the Collectibles section just get cluttered with pics of ebay auctions recently won?
The Stiff wrote:It it fairly detailed, and GBFans probably wouldn't need that much, as there is already the Toys section. http://www.gbfans.com/toys/

Considering the Toys section already in place, would the Collectibles section just get cluttered with pics of ebay auctions recently won?
The point of it is to compliment the Toy section in the same way that the Fan Props, and Equipment compliment each other. It is to pull back on the stupidity of people who post their items in the Prop section that clearly aren't props...

Because people want to show of their items.

The Toys section is completely different and sets forth to actually provide information and pictures about specific Ghostbusters Merchandise.
I'm pretty happy with AJ's initial breakdown idea.

You don't want to break it down too much to make browsing more difficult, but you also want some clear sections to direct specific traffic to them.
maybe you could put in a section for customised toys and such. Just to not have those thrown in between the rest. They wouldn't be props either and I know people make them. And it would be easier for people browsing around so they don't confuse a custom made toy as something you can buy somewhere.
leviathan20 wrote:how about the ghostbusters fans memorable
film moments and what they would like to see
happen in ghostbusters 3 and what influenced them
to be the ultimate ghostbusters fan.
What?
aj i agree with the comment the back to the future car is not connected with
columbia pictures it is licenced under universal entertainment and maybe
people has not understand the site rules and toy merchandise should be
in the toys area not the props area and heres this for a feature ask aj
where fans ask you ghostbusters faq's and to ask you questions and ideas
for them to bring to the table on this site and an ghostbusters fans anual news
letter keeping fans upto date on the latest news and events for this site.
leviathan20 wrote:aj i agree with the comment the back to the future car is not connected with
What?
leviathan20 wrote:aj i agree with the comment the back to the future car is not connected with
STOP HITTING ENTER!!!!

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]