fortyseven wrote:
Jamie Riser wrote:when u have a alice frame and the wood board from it all, do u hot glue the wood board to the alice frame?
Yes, that should work perfectly.
I checked with a couple more people who said this would work perfectly for you.

No! This thing gets heavy and hot glue is not nearly strong enough! Either drill holes into your board and Zip Tie it to the Alice, or use bolts with nuts and washers.
aliencatx wrote:lol wouldnt that be a great picture, jesus with a proton pack taking out demons...sorry inner outer thought
anyway question, what are the dimentions you use for the motherboard?
Ive been looking at some of the plans on here and I really have no idea what im looking at so could you help me on this?
I just need simple messurements
Hmmm...I am pretty good with Photoshop. I may have to work on a "project" :-)

As for measurements, I can't really give you exact ones because it depends on the size, brand, and dimension of pieces you will be using; such as the boxes and pans. So:

1. Download the dimensions from this website and draw the outline of your pack out onto your board.
2. Lay all your pieces/parts down unglued to the board so THEY look good together, not so they match the drawn outline.
3. Alter your outline to match the laid-out pieces, start cutting and gluing.
HEADS UP! For those wanting to make a Dollar Pack, The Dollar Tree stores seem to have all the boxes and materials back in stock due to Back-To-School and BBQ time. Start buying what you need!
Just a BUMP to remind you that Dollar Tree stores currently have all the boxes I used in stock, for those wanting to give Pack building a shot!
PeskyPoltergeist wrote:Do you have any pictures of the bumper before it was painted or tips on how you made it?
All pictures I have are posted. 4 years ago, I didn't have a good camera and also had no idea this thread would be so popular! But the Bumper are Dollar Store rulers that have been pop-riveted together at the corners using decking brackets from Home Depot. The brackets were like 59 cents each. The middle piece is just a scrap piece of plastic and $1 automotive blinker fuse also pop-riveted to the ruler.
Just a shameless BUMP to help the 2011 Halloween crowd and those needing inspiration to jump in and build something fun!
jsshull wrote:How do you access the halloween lights in the cyclotron to turn them on?

Hi. There's just a "trap door" cut out of the body. You just reach inside and flip the power switch. Given the location of the trap door, it stays hidden when the pack is worn.

Inside of the trap door is also where I keep the mp3 player and speaker that loops the Pack humming sound. It's just held in place with Velcro.
jsshull wrote:Thanks! Your pack looks great! Do you still use it?
Hi, sorrry I didn't see this question sooner, but thanks! It's in storage as I'm running out of room for prop stuff :-)
Shameless bump to help those as Halloween is a comin'! Hard to believe it's been almost 6 years since this thread started too!
Fortunately, all the pack build type links were assembled into a great stickied post by Jack Doud a while back. Both your dollar store and my electrical box packs are included.
Jchauvette wrote:Is there any i can have the plans of your dollar store proton pack!
How did you make your motherboard?!
Hi. All my plans and pics I took at the time are posted. The motherboard is a material called Project Board from Home Depot. Just traced the shape into it and cut it out with a handheld jig saw.
These are my questions: what is the material you took to make the black stripes at the top of the pack!
How did you make the metal aging effect?
How did you fix the hose from the trower to the pack?
Is there any drawning or writing plans that explain in details all the process, to help
Me know where to start and where it ends?!
What is the leghnt and width of the motherboard?
Sorry for all these questions, its a childhood dream to have a proton pack?! :p
Jchauvette wrote:These are my questions: what is the material you took to make the black stripes at the top of the pack!
How did you make the metal aging effect?
How did you fix the hose from the trower to the pack?
Is there any drawning or writing plans that explain in details all the process, to help
Me know where to start and where it ends?!
What is the leghnt and width of the motherboard?
Sorry for all these questions, its a childhood dream to have a proton pack?! :p
Have you even looked in the build link thread at all at all the other builds to answer your own questions?

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=28621

Brady didn't even weather his dollar store pack, so your questions don't even all refer to his build.

When you build a pack from found parts, there IS no proper measurement of the motherboard. You cut it to fit the parts you've found to use, and do it last, after you've aquired all of them.

Spend some more time looking through the various build types, and you'll find your questions are pretty much all answered for you.
Jchauvette wrote:Thnks

But, I did weather it, Pics are on Page 3. Use Aluminum paint, not Silver, and the side of a small paint brush. Just quickly knick the corners of areas you think would get damaged during use. Some people use a bunched-up paper towel instead of a dry brush. Keeping it random looking is the key.
Jake Kantor wrote:Hi, I'm new to building proton packs and I'm a filmmaker and I am making a Ghostbusters film. Would you be able to send me a manual or plans. thanks I'd really like to pretend to catch some ghosts for my movie :blush::boogieman::vinzclortho::whatever::cool::blush::sigh::walterpeck:
Hi. Read the thread as all is in there. There is no more :-) .
Jake Kantor wrote:Hi, I'm new to building proton packs and I'm a filmmaker and I am making a Ghostbusters film. Would you be able to send me a manual or plans. thanks I'd really like to pretend to catch some ghosts for my movie :blush::boogieman::vinzclortho::whatever::cool::blush::sigh::walterpeck:
Yes, if only this website had manuals or plans to build proton packs. Then this would really be THE premier Ghostbusters website. Someone should get on that.
Sutton621 liked this
Carpeteria wrote:
Yes, if only this website had manuals or plans to build proton packs. Then this would really be THE premier Ghostbusters website. Someone should get on that.
There are plenty of plans on here. The difficult part is everybody has a different budget, different stores, and different brands of parts available. When you build something, you make it your own. That's why you even build it to start with.
Read this thread last year and was inspired. I have started building two proton packs and one customized Proton Pistol Pack with two pistols for my eight year old. Thanks for all of the detailed information. My pack will look different from most but I chose to use the movie packs as a basic outline. I figured over the last several years parts and technology would have changed a little, so my pack represents my own ideas of what it should look like. Plus just walking around the Dollar Tree and seeing all the neat stuff helped the pack to take on its own form.
Hello Everyone,

My first post here. My son and I were inspired by our local Ghostbusters Chapter to start working on a Halloween costume.
Im using found objects from around the house to build my 6yo a 2/3rds size pack. I will be creative and not making a movie pack, just something that looks close and is fun to play with. I have been researching how to add lights and sound cheaply and will add those links soon. Here are a few picks of our first weekends progress. Also, thank you to everyone for inspiration and ideas.

Sutton621 liked this
Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]