By Bradester
Thanks! Complete with animated red and green lights and it shoots Silly String a good 20 feet!

Master Taran wrote: That proton gun actually looks pretty neat. It doesn't look like a dollar store gun; it actually looks more like an original design.
By TheWug
thats really quite impressive, where did you move the trigger so the gun will still shoot? and I'm sure we all would like to actually see pics of it in action
By Bradester
It's still in the same original place. It just has a piece of plastic covering it slighty so it cant be bumped by accident.

I re-did the "v hook" last night. The part on the pack itself is a soap-bar holder that cost $2.50 from Home Depot. The part on the gun I made is a wedge shaped piece of plastic, so the gun just slides into the soap-bar holder and given its shape, it doesnt turn or pivet funny. Its really sturdy in fact. I can post pics of that too if people are interested. I kind of had to do it this way because the gun is quite heavy and needed more support.
TheWug wrote: thats really quite impressive, where did you move the trigger so the gun will still shoot? and I'm sure we all would like to actually see pics of it in action
By GlennP
Good idea Brady. I know what soap holder you're referring to. My SW guns have been shipped and are on the way! I went to the Dollar Store last night and spent $14 then went to Home Depot and bought wood for the mother board. I'm going to run to K-Mart to look for the pumpkin lights and the soap holder.
Definitely post pics of anything else you do to the pack. Share a little bit about what you did for the lights on the gun.
By Bradester
The lights are just 2 more jogging lights from Kroger/Fred Meyer.

I was at the Dollar Store again last night and they now have super-bright LED keychain flashlights. Im going to buy a few and add at least 1 to the tip of the gun.
GlennP wrote: Good idea Brady. I know what soap holder you're referring to. My SW guns have been shipped and are on the way! I went to the Dollar Store last night and spent $14 then went to Home Depot and bought wood for the mother board. I'm going to run to K-Mart to look for the pumpkin lights and the soap holder.
Definitely post pics of anything else you do to the pack. Share a little bit about what you did for the lights on the gun.
By parmatown
Awesome job!

Question........regarding your gun. Do I remember correclty that the silly string canisters are hard to find? Specifically, not all the Silly String official cans and/or knock off's do fit the cans that come with the gun.
By Bradester
I dont know. I know mine came with 7 free cans when I got it from Ebay, so Im good for a while. Funny thing is, even The Dollar Store sells the stuff, along with Fred Meyer/Kroger. I dont know if they fit yet, but I know there are lots of brands around.
parmatown wrote: Awesome job!

Question........regarding your gun. Do I remember correclty that the silly string canisters are hard to find? Specifically, not all the Silly String official cans and/or knock off's do fit the cans that come with the gun.
By GlennP
I was at K-Mart yesterday and they have the exact replacement cans with StarWars on them. You can find them in a search on the internet too.
By Bradester
Well I bought the LED keychains from the Dollar Store. It would sure be fun to use one in the tip of the gun, but so far for the life of me I cant figure out how to attach it that great to make it somewhat screen-accurate.

Know what. I thought thought of an idea while typing. The LED wont be mounted in the tube at the tip of gun, but maybe on the outside kind of like a scope-thing on a hunting rifle. Maybe... I dont know. If I do anything I'll post a pic though.
By Bradester
By Bradester
Look! I have a couple "before" pics I just found on my old camera!

secrecyguy wrote: Wow! I am impressed!

Just using all the parts from the Dollar Store, it came very close to the real thing.

I have to start working on my pack!

I was planning to make a cheap pack and make it as accurate as possible but I think you beat me to it!

Excellent job! I give you a thumbs up!
By prototype7
hey very cool man! I'm using those same measuring cups on my pack as well!
By stephensj
super duper orgasm impressed!!!wowzers...if you havew any more before pics, send them this way
By Bradester
Wow..... an orgasim...and I dont even know you! :-P
stephensj wrote: super duper orgasm impressed!!!wowzers...if you havew any more before pics, send them this way
By Bradester
ab5olut3zero wrote: I am officially amazed. Wow. That pack is incredible.
Would you please e-mail me the materials and price lists? I couldn't read the pic you posted.
ab5olut3zero@yahoo.com

I wanna see the whole thing- pack, car, thrower, and all as soon as it's finished, man!

Here ya go! Complete as of 2 hour ago. It even has the digitized siren from the movie and it gets so loud it hurts!

The before:

And finished:
By Sksstudios
ohhhh myyy gooood...

Dude my hat is off too you.

That blows me away. Totally....

Where the heck did you ge the lightbar(s)? How much did the whole thing cost?!

God man i dont know what to say... truly incredible.

Cam
By Bradester
GBCam wrote: ohhhh myyy gooood...

Cam

Thanks!!! The light bar? Ummmm.... well...... lets just say I know a guy :-)

Im not sure how much the car cost me yet. I had a few sponsors that helped with money, so I havent really sat down yet and calculated what it cost me out of pocket. But, the car itself was free so that's a good start!
By prototype7
DUDE!!!! No wonder you built your pack from dollar store parts... that car is AMAZING! :D
By Bradester
prototype7 wrote: DUDE!!!! No wonder you built your pack from dollar store parts... that car is AMAZING! :D

Ha thanks! It's still parked in the front yard of the haunted house, the next city over. So many people are still coming by to have their picture taken with the car, that the people asked for the car to stay a while if possible! Fun stuff.
By Bradester
GBCam wrote: ohhhh myyy gooood...

Cam

Here are a couple fun Halloween pics while at work. My co-worker dressed as a ghost! I have some from my church events and Halloween itself, but I have not downloaded them yet.

By Bradester
Well, my pack suffered a bit of damage due to a dog. Sucks eh? So I repaired it the best I could but also decided to do a little re-painting for some added detail. I should have done this paint job to start with! But oh well. Right-click and Save As to see the best quality pics!

By prototype7
EXCELLENT job on the wethering! Looks like a completely new pack! Well, not new but, well, you know. Looks very good! What methods did you use with the silvering?
By Slimer7
Dude, you put me to shame, keep up the great work!!!!
By Bradester
prototype7 wrote: EXCELLENT job on the wethering! Looks like a completely new pack! Well, not new but, well, you know. Looks very good! What methods did you use with the silvering?

Thanks! I used one of those small jars of Testors Aluminum paint (not Silver because Silver doesnt dry as same at all) and the corner of a cheap 2" foam brush. I dabbed just the corner into the pant, enough that there was still paint but a little more dry then wet. Then I just started dabbing on the edges that looked like they would be more exposed to wear and tear. When you dab once, leave it alone because that's what gives it that random look. On a few spots I just ran the brush along the edge once, just to make it look like the paint had completely weathered due to a sharp exposed edge. But I think the random look is the key to it.
By ReVolt
man thats awesome! please tell me how u built the barrel on the particle thrower, i really like the way thats looks!
By ab5olut3zero
Brother, I am officially blown away. The Ectomobile, and the pack are both incredible.
By Bradester
rcnitrodude999 wrote: man thats awesome! please tell me how u built the barrel on the particle thrower, i really like the way thats looks!

It's half of a Star Wars Silly String Blaster :-) Check the previous pages for more info.
By Bradester
ab5olut3zero wrote: Brother, I am officially blown away. The Ectomobile, and the pack are both incredible.

Thanks! I honestly have no idea what to do with the car now. The pack I can store in my room along with Vader, Dr Doom and my Batman costumes. But that car is really big to have sitting around not really being used given it's winter time and all.

-Brady
ScooterinAB wrote: This is nothing short of f*ing amazing.

Would you be able to send me a few more pointers? I'm on a rough student budget, and I think I could totally pull this off if I can grab the bulk from a dollar store.

Pointers like what? Maybe post your questions #'ed and I will answer them in order to possibly help others too.

-Brady
Ecto-1 fan liked this

I missed out on the Haslab packs too. I am conside[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]