Undertaker, I really appreciate your list. It has helped me in a big way! Thank you for taking the time to do it. Sincerely!

I'm probably gonna print your list out, and then print out Stephan's plans out so I can have them in my hands when I'm actually building my pack.

I gotta tell you - this sure is fun!!!!! It makes me feel like we are building Lego's when we were kids. Except this is more expensive and Mom and Dad can't help! hahahaha
RayFanChuck wrote: I gotta tell you, I could really use more diagrams that say what parts of the Proton Pack are called, where they are located, and so on and so forth.
I've been slowly working on streamlining and updating this page: http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/proton-pack/part-names/ if you see anything missing or anything that is unclear please give some feedback.
Jack, I gotta tell you! That is a nice page! And even though I had surfed around and used the search function, that's the first I've seen of that link.

That is EXTREMELY helpful! Thank you! That's exactly the kind of link that I needed!!!!!!

jackdoud wrote:
I've been slowly working on streamlining and updating this page: http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/proton-pack/part-names/ if you see anything missing or anything that is unclear please give some feedback.
If you dont mind a suggestion, maybe putting something saying "ALL NEW PEOPLE START HERE" if you have questions might help. Because while I read the FAQ, I didn't find several links there that other people have turned me onto.

This link answered a LOT of questions for me. The fact that I just found Stephan's plans YESTERDAY and that would have saved me a lot of time (and posts bothering you guys! hahaha)

Otherwise, I think this forum is amazing. Everyone is much nicer than other forums I am on regularly, and the information (when found) is perfect.

Two Ghost Thumbs up to you all!

jackdoud wrote:The equipment section has a lot of good stuff. Dunno why people always seem to miss it though... :whatever:
jackdoud wrote:The equipment section has a lot of good stuff. Dunno why people always seem to miss it though... :whatever:
I think the link to it gets lost on the page. It took me a while to find it within all the content. I think it needs to be more prominent.
parksdesign wrote:I think the link to it gets lost on the page. It took me a while to find it within all the content. I think it needs to be more prominent.
Any suggestions? It seems fairly easy to find, it's two clicks.

Equipment page:

Proton Packs:

There's large bold text stating "components". Is it the bold list of real parts under it that keep people from reading the sentence just before them?
I don't think it's hard to find, I think the issue is knowing what questions to ask as a newbie. Perhaps a "START HERE" thread for noobs (like me) might allow them to know where to go on the forum when you have specific questions. That was my biggest problem.

A tutorial or FAQ with links might help. If there IS one already, I must have missed it.

Again, I'm only trying to help. Not being critical in any way, just offering my thoughts as a new member.
It's not the clicks...I just am not a fan of links that say thing like here or Click here. And this is coming from a web design background.

Don't take this as huge criticism or anything and I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers. I just think it gets lost. I think it should be a descriptive link and have a underline denoting that it's a link.
Unfortunately we're kinda limited with the code options for the wiki on the site. I messed around with the formatting a bit, see if that works a little better. http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/proton-pack/
I was thinking about attempting an update post to this thread to a list for pack builders using pre made parts from the community and adding pics of the various parts with links of possible places to pick up parts. Ya know to sort of idiot proof it. Would this be of interest to anyone? As a relatively new pack builder with some prop building experience i felt like i have a mindset for details that the vets here might not think about because they are already so intimate with every part and screw used.
Plus im in the middle of collecting parts for my pack build so its all fresh in mind.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
lunchbox739

That is just the type of thing I was looking for when I made this list. If you did go through and make a list like you are talking about I think it could be a big help to everybody from those making their packs with fiberglass shel molds to those of us like me who have scrath built the whole thing.

I say go for it.
This list is fantastic and I'm using it a lot. I have a question regarding the hose that connects between the pack and the thrower, you've listed it as 3/4" split loom hose but other people say solid and some people even say 1", so my question is what is the best size and style to use?

:cool:
kalel85 wrote:There is a mattel neutrino wand , the question i have is can this be assembled to the proton pack or is it ok by it self?
Most people who use the Mattel Proton Gun with their Proton Packs choose to modify it so it can be hung from their Proton Packs like a regular hand-built one (although personally I wouldn't recommend using the Mattel thrower as anything other than a display piece).

One of the most popular choices for people to go for is to purchase a specially-made hook piece that's designed to fit the one on Mattel's thrower. An alternate option would be to replace the existing hook (which I've heard is only plastic) with a metal one.
The Matty Wand has a metal hook (I have it hanging right next to me in my cubicle here at work)... Eric Gunther has a matching mount for sale here - http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 31&t=33466

As for attaching the Matty Wand to a split loom, Spongeface just started selling these, pretty cool... http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 31&t=33466

But, again, personally, just like Kingpin mentioned above, the Matty Wand is more like a toy or display piece... You can get Throwing Chicken's awesome TCV3H Wand for just a couple bucks more... http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 31&t=29587... But, if you already have a Matty Wand, and that's what you choose to use in your pack, that's your choice, and you still have our support if you need any help with your build... ;)

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]