By KagaSakai
Thanks Mike! Just two light coats was all it took. After the success I had with this hat, I'm half tempted to paint the hat next to the vent as well.
By KagaSakai
My original plan was to use 6-32 allen bolts and nuts to hold the trigger box down. I threaded the bolt about half way down into the IB and chopped the screw head off. I then used a nut to hold it together. I was going to repeat the process for the bottom hole, but realized that the switch that will eventually go in the TB might not clear the screw so I just used the flat-head screw that Jason included with the trigger box, so it would sit flush. Looks ghetto, sure, but no one will ever see it. Unless you never plan on taking the TB off ever again, I'd advise against any kind of epoxy. The combination I'm using is super strong. Here is a blurry partial pic:

By kind2311
thats exactly how i mounted my trigger box to my TC gun box only I used 2 screws instead of one and chopped the "studs" down to that there was only enough for the nut to grab and secure which left plenty of room for the switches.

thanks to Jimbo7 for the initial idea and metal trigger box ;)
By KagaSakai
Received a few small parts from AJ today, so here is a quick update. I replaced the cheap cliplite with the Arcolectric. This sucker looks WAY better than the old one.

Second I added a section of Clippard tubing from the IB to the rear cylinder. I cut it at 6.25", and it looks a little short. I've see all sorts of lengths on various packs, so I hope I got it somewhat correct!

By KagaSakai
Outside of lights/switches and a few minor tweaks, I am VERY happy with how the thrower has turned out.

Added the detail to the barrel. Like the green lever, it's purely cosmetic on my thrower, but required nonetheless! I simply stacked four loose washers with the bolts at the nine and eleven o'clock positions.

Since I'm finally done hacking away at the gun box, it was finally time to add some of Matt's labels in their proper place. I LOVE the metallic "Danger" sticker!

The rest of the labels, however, are not Matt's. I'm waiting to apply those until after I add lights. I would hate to apply them, only to be destroyed during the light install process.

And just some random angles of the thrower:

The thrower has a nice weight and feel to it! So glad I went the direction that I did!

And finally the bottom of the gun track. Here is where things went South a little bit. Because I had originally drilled some of the holes for 10-32, only to later find out that the proper bolts were 6-32, and a few of the other holes I mutilated with a dull bit ( :oops: ), I had to use washers to cover up the holes. I know it's not accurate and looks a little tacky, but for now it will have to work. Someday I'll get around to installing a clean base plate. I did try to make sure the rest of the track is accurate with the proper 6-32 flat-head bolts for the v-hook and paint scheme.

I plan on buying a new camera this week, so I hope to have some shots of the thrower connected to the hose and on the pack! Thanks for looking!
By Kant Lavar
Awesome work all around. As I said before, I really hope my pack turns out half as good!

Personally, I'd say don't get too whacked out about the little imperfections. I've always seen the Ghostbusters' tech as much more homebrewed and individualistic as opposed to manufactured, and so having gear that has little differences from one piece to another makes a lot of sense to me.
By KagaSakai
A small, but a needed update on the pack today had me adding base plates to my filler tubes, which has been long overdue. This was a simple project using an 8"x10"x1/8" polycarbonate sheet I picked up at Home Depot. This is a detail that no one outside of this site would know was missing, but it was driving me crazy because they weren't part of my pack.

I cut out two 1.50" square pieces (my tubes are slightly bigger than what's considered totally accurate), measured and drilled holes and painted them with the usual satin black.

Here they are after being reattached to the pack. It's hard to get a good angle with my camera. A little crude, sure, but it still makes the pack that much more accurate! :-P

And some parting shots of the pack for fun. I really need to get a stand for this thing!

Comments and suggestion are always welcome!
By Croesus
That is such a real thing of beauty! very well done. Got a serious case of pack envy here.
By nolatron
KagaSakai wrote:Image
Another question :)

Good you give some details on what you used for the base plate and what you used for attached it to the TC kit? Looks like you sculpted in some brass threads?

I've got a 2.5 TC kit I'll be working on soon and been looking over your stuff as I might be following suit using some of Jason's parts like you have.

Thanks!
Shaun
By Filandrius
KagaSakai wrote:Comments and suggestion are always welcome!
Get a guitar stand. :P

Seriously, and I know that I've said it before, that pack is a real beauty. Congrats. :)

And I have camera envy. I wish I could take pics that beautiful of my own pack. :D
By KagaSakai
Thanks for the kind words guys! It's appreciated!
Filandrius wrote:And I have camera envy. I wish I could take pics that beautiful of my own pack. :D
I just bought a new camera on Wednesday. It's a Canon Power Shot SD1300IS. I've always liked the Canon point and shoot cameras, and they only run about $150-170. I'll look into a guitar stand soon!
nolatron wrote:Another question :)

Good you give some details on what you used for the base plate and what you used for attached it to the TC kit? Looks like you sculpted in some brass threads?
Yes I did sculpt in some threads. However, this is an earlier pic before I made some changes. The back threaded inserts were removed in favor of some heavier-duty 6-32 threaded inserts like you see in the middle of the box. I also replaced the Magic Sculpt I used to hold in threaded inserts in place with Loctite two-part epoxy putty. Way stronger, and doesn't look as sloppy! :-P As far as the base plate, it was made by Jason, and I believe Fernando (madeinsocal6) has one for sale right now.

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 31&t=21242

I can't recommend taking the same direction that I did more. Sure it's more expensive than PVC and resin parts, but it's totally worth it in the end. Also, be sure to work with Jason for all your aluminum parts. They fit like a glove on the TC gun box!
By nolatron
KagaSakai wrote: Yes I did sculpt in some threads. However, this is an earlier pic before I made some changes. The back threaded inserts were removed in favor of some heavier-duty 6-32 threaded inserts like you see in the middle of the box. I also replaced the Magic Sculpt I used to hold in threaded inserts in place with Loctite two-part epoxy putty. Way stronger, and doesn't look as sloppy! :-P As far as the base plate, it was made by Jason, and I believe Fernando (madeinsocal6) has one for sale right now.

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 31&t=21242

I can't recommend taking the same direction that I did more. Sure it's more expensive than PVC and resin parts, but it's totally worth it in the end. Also, be sure to work with Jason for all your aluminum parts. They fit like a glove on the TC gun box!
Ooo.. thanks for that link. Sent him a PM to see if he still has it.

I've been looking at Jason's parts too. Been making my "Wish List" :)
By KagaSakai
Just for fun (and because it's been awhile), here is a little update on the pack. These additions were made a few weeks ago, but still important!

Homemade voltage labels for the gun track. Not totally accurate, but a nice touch.

And, because I think it's really cool (thanks Matt!), I added my name on a piece of masking tape at the bottom of the mobo.

I haven't been working on my pack at all lately, but I would still like to add/modify a few things on it. With work, holiday stuff and family, I've been pretty busy. I'm hoping to start my trap build soon!
By mburkit
KagaSakai wrote:And, because I think it's really cool (thanks Matt!), I added my name on a piece of masking tape at the bottom of the mobo.
I didn't do that JUST because I'm awesome, I also think the pack Ray is wearing during the Sedgwick scenes also has Dan's name on the bottom of it too.

So I can't take full credit for the idea.
By KagaSakai
I've been using that pic as a reference for a long time now, and it does indeed look like a name tag of some kind. I have to give you credit, because you're the only person I've seen apply it to their pack. You inspired me! :-P
By KagaSakai
Thought I would share some updates on my pack. Over the last few weeks, I've taken some time to shorten the thrower hose, paint/weather my shock mount, add some "padding" to the top of the mobo and finally "age" my pack and thrower with fuller's earth. I can't say enough about how incredibly awesome that stuff is! It's instant weathering without the need to hack up your pack with a sharp object (something I will never be able to bring myself to do :-P).

Shock mount finished with gold paint, lightly sanded, then a few spots of black, again lightly sanded. I then doused the thing in fuller's earth. Thanks to Mike and Vinny for the inspiration to finally do this!

The look of the fuller's earth seems to vary depending on the lighting, so I tried a few different conditions. It's either really noticeable or very subtle.

Yeah, I'm using splitless loom and I still added the electrical tape around the hose. I like the detail. Sue me. :-D

Thanks for looking!
By KagaSakai
Thanks a lot guys! As it stands, there isn't much left to do. Aside from lights and a few tweaks, I am just thrilled with out this has turned out. When I began this project (back in March :shock:), I never thought it would turn out as well as it did. The two of you are just of a few of those that I can't thank enough!
By KagaSakai
mburkit wrote:Looks good, bud. I am thrilled with all the great GB1 packs that are starting to come out of this community.
Thanks Matt! I am very proud of what I've accomplished!
The Stiff wrote:I want to make sweet, passionate love to your pack, and raise the children that we produce.
My greatest compliment yet! It's going to take a few dates to sweeten her up though. :-D

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Also probably different release dates. USA: […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]

New details https://i.imgur.com/0cWzlPm.jpeg […]