By D-42
I have to quit posting stuff. Every-time I do someone provides me with more work I have to do.

Anyway, ripped off all the patches, made a run to the fabic store for the RIT. Washed, bleached, dyed and now in a final wash to see how it turns out.
By D-42
Well the dye made a 100% improvement. Got all the patches sewn back on. Now just waiting on sound and thrower and it will be time to finish wiring things up.

On a side note i wanted to see how long the 9V would power the lights, it's been about 40hrs and they still going, although noticeably dimmer. Plenty of time to last through a party or two :)
By D-42
Just for fun I started copying Stefan's plans in Google Sketchup. I really love playing with that program if you have any interest in amateur drafting i suggest downloading it and watching some of the tutorials, especially the chair, it's so much fun to be able to do stuff quickly.

Just a few parts so far, will build out the rest over the next couple of days, then post the whole thing so others can edit/fixup.
By XxMysticblurxX
D-42 wrote:hmm, i really don't want to pull off the noghost patch again. Already sewed it onto the wrong spot once.
Gawh i hate it when that happends.
By D-42
Well, i decided to look in the models of picasa and found someone else already did a stefan's plans model of the backpack in sketchup.

Here's the completed one next to mine:

By D-42
Got my thrower gun in today and attached everything to the pack. Only thing I'm waiting on now is my sound chip. Wonder i I'll get it and install it in time for the first party next weekend. One week to go.

ImageImage

It goes well in my game room:
By sbonse
Ordered one of these shells off ebay the other week and it turned up yesterday morning. Not bad as i won it on the 10th October and it came from america to my door in the Uk on 18th October, so very quick delivery. Cant wait to start my build now
The quality of the shell is excellent. i will start a build thread when i start the build
By D-42
Got my replicaprops.com sound chip last night and installed it. Used a cat5 cable and connectors to run the leads to the thrower and that worked well. I should have ordered the chip built to be amplified though. I have to turn the chips volume way down each time I turn it on/off or it overloads my portable amp. Ill probably replace it as I build more packs.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
By D-42
no splicing needed. It has an adapter that looks just like a 9v battery. My light kit uses a 9v and they just plug together. the wall wart has a selector for voltage from 1.5v up to 12v.

There are also several other adapters included, but both my Boba Fett and my proton pack light kits use 9v batteries.
By D-42
I should be getting to that, maybe this weekend on my build thread. Basically it is the 1/4" MDF from home depot. I traced the shell out after it was assembled and included the areas that don't match up to the shell as needed.
By coasterg
D-42 wrote:I should be getting to that, maybe this weekend on my build thread. Basically it is the 1/4" MDF from home depot. I traced the shell out after it was assembled and included the areas that don't match up to the shell as needed.
I was wondering how it would fit on an MMM motherboard actually.

Also, how well does the plastic stand up to having the thrower/etc mounted on it? Any warping or hole enlargement?

How durable is the shell overall as well? I know packs take a beating at conventions so its a concern.

Thanks!
George
By sbonse
Ectorhx1138 wrote:Hey guys got mine today! I want everyone to know D-42 did an excellent job! I will post the progress of his pack as well as the buildup of MMM's Gun!

i purchased one of his vacformed shells last year and was very impressed with it as well. my pack is nearly finished. I have a build thread of my progress
By D-42
I used a small aprox 3"x3" block of MDF behind the gun mount and have had no issues or signs of any stress at all:

You can see some other shots of the inside of my personal pack. It was made of of the white ABS prior to getting in the black:

By D-42
Almost as heavy as the rest of the pack. It is not one that I put together and is almost solid resin. I'd guess 3-4 lbs vs the packs 8-9lbs.
By D-42
It has been over a year, done 2 Halloweens including a full day at work and 2 different conventions plus a few other events and everything on mine is still holding up well.
By D-42
gdonovan wrote:Any chance of fixing the center rib on the gun block? Almost purchased one of your shells for my kid but that bugs the heck out of me.
What do you consider to be the problem?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
By gdonovan
D-42 wrote:
What do you consider to be the problem?
In evey picture I have seen, it is crooked. The center one as seen from the rear of the pack is rotated clockwise out of alignment from the ones above and below it.

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]