By bigi71
Thanks for the kind words guys :)
madmantrez wrote:I was curious, what gauge sheet did you use for the v-hook?
It appears to be 0,5mmm thick, i just picked something that looks descent and would be strong enough.

Today i got some better pictures of the whole pack in its current state:

The thrower:

As Chris suggested earlier in this thread i changed the position of the v-hook a little:
By bigi71
Thanks Nick :)

I still have to make all the electronics for the gun, install sound and a few more things. Including two im not going to talk about yet :P lol

Oh, and also some little weathering things, like weathering the tubing and making some of the screws more rusty.
By KagaSakai
mburkit wrote:Time to fly to California and get a side by side comparison!
Or maybe they could fly their pack to Germany!

Nothing short of amazing, Bjorn!
By Filandrius
mburkit wrote:Time to fly to California and get a side by side comparison!
I would pay good money to see that.
pchrisbosh1 wrote:Amazing Bjorn this is the best pack I've ever seen at this point. Great work man.
You've said it pal. Best. Pack. Ever.

Stunning, amazing, perfect... You've heard it all by now, but I need to say it again. Bravo. :D
By bigi71
Thank you for the comments Rob and Cole :)

There is acutally quite a lot of pastels on the pack and the gun, its just not very noticable in the pictures i took outside. But you can see it in all the ones i took with flash ;)

Also the bumper doesnt really look brand new as you can see in the next pic. Again it was just not so noticable in the other ones ;)

Ive also got some more small things done, like adding some glue globs here and there. Like this one:
I got the brown color by mixing rust powder into the glue and then i applied it with a small syringe. Still some airbubbles in it but not too shabby i think. Oh, and i also weathered the blue tubing quite a lot.

Also added some here:

For the next ones i used a different glue with some more orange paint particles:

And some yellow snot colored glue there:

Im pretty happy with the results of this. It adds to the old and used look :)
By pchrisbosh1
Very nice attention to detail Bjorn little things like this really make packs more authentic rather then just being a replica. I'd like to call your pack if you don't mind a authentic replica :-). Another good techique to coloring epoxy glue to match the color of the glues used on the screen packs is translucent acrylic paints.
By bigi71
Thank you Chris, of course i dont mind and this coming from you means a lot :)

I have one more small update, because i wasnt really happy with the airbubbles in the one glue glob on my pack. So ive done it again:
Much better now :)

Another thing i did today was adding the grey foam to the back of the motherboard. I wanted it to look really old and worn so this is what i came up with:
First i marked with duct tape where i wanted it to be and then i applied some colored general purpose glue and began putting foam pieces on. Then when the glue was dry i just carefully ripped the foam off bit by bit and also burned some spots with a lighter ^.^
By Filandrius
bigi71 wrote:I have one more small update, because i wasnt really happy with the airbubbles in the one glue glob on my pack.
Holy crap. If that isn't the definition of perfectionist, I don't know what is. I'm in awe. :O
xtrmn8r17 wrote:Wowzers, this is lookin awesome! Now are you gonna wear this or just display this? O.o
Wear it? He'll sell it as screen-used! I'd be fooled. :D
By bigi71
Thanks guys...im just playing around with it :)

Its acutally intended to be a display piece, but i gotta wear it at least one time when i go buy a guitar stand ^.^
Not sure if i would go in full costume though, lol

Another small update i can post today is the loom being attached to the motherboard now. I just made two small metal pieces and attached it to them with some zip ties:

One piece is screwed to one of the L-brackets which hold the shell and the other one is just attached to the screw for the alice frame:
By Davlin
A very inspiring thread build, packed with genuis ideas.

A small question tho : Considering all the switches on the gun, why haven't you used them instead of putting new ones below the ALICE pack frame ?
By bigi71
kind2311 wrote:accuracy > functionality
agreed :)

...and the additional switches also add some more functionality / more possibilities.
But i will be using the ones in the gun too of course.

Speaking of the gun....its completely finished now (at least i think so, lol)
Ive been spending some time redoing all the wiring inside and solder a lot of wires to the switches and lights:

The voltage regulator is for an incandescent bulb im using for the grill light. It gives a nice warm light and i thought it might be better than a led for this particular light. Ive also been making small cable clamps and stuff like that, one of them also holds a piece of foam to the side on the gun so it can be seen in the one hole between the side discs.

mhmmm...i like grilling :D

Heres the foam from outside the gun, plus one more detail i added:
I wanted to make it look like there has been the danger sticker a long time ago so i spraypainted a rectangle with some more glossy paint and then rubbed it with a cloth when it was still tacky.

So thats it...done with the gun :)
By Cole Funstuff
Do you have a wire for ever single bulb on the pack? Jeez!

Your cable organization brings a tear to my eye. You don't happen to have a picture of the gun with any of the other lights in action do you? I'm excited to see your faux VFD bar graph in action with everything else.

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]