Wow, this is an amazing thread. I am putting finishing touches on my newly-built pack, and the decals I had on it haven't been there even a week yet... and I'm probably gonna be doing this Kinkos treatment with your new PDF, Valentino. As a fellow graphic designer/Photoshop user/artist/whatever, I salute you! Keep on Rocking!

:crunch:
valentino_42 wrote:I've been looking into government specifications on colors for warning and danger labels... and it's starting to look like the color red I need is Pantone 485C.
That would be this color from what I've found

Looks quite good. I think your stickers are just slightly darker hard to tell, but a military specified red just makes them that much cooler.
By valentino_42
Ok, Revision 2 release!
  • This addresses the following:
  • The color of the motor-synchronous label is darker, pulled from a color corrected average of some ref. photos
  • The red on all labels is now the RGB equivalent of Pantone 485C
  • I've redone the Filler Tube decal to be more in line with Volguus' scanned label
  • Hopefully the Lamp Filament label has the correct spacing with the letter "I"
  • Bar Graph label is now properly sized to slap on a quickie thrower
  • Both tan and red version of the gun track labels, even though I'm more than sure they were red!! MORE THAN SURE! :P
  • Outlines of guntrack labels removed
  • Added a second "gun circles" label
http://uploading.com/files/b19f9bc6/pro ... _rev2.pdf/

Ok... Any more issues or requested changes?
The grey labels still have wierd spacing issues on the text but the rest looks good. :cool:

EDIT: actually, that may just be from the zoom level adobe is at. If I zoom in they look fine. Dunno how they print though. :whatever:
jackdoud wrote:The grey labels still have wierd spacing issues on the text but the rest looks good. :cool:

EDIT: actually, that may just be from the zoom level adobe is at. If I zoom in they look fine. Dunno how they print though. :whatever:
It's got to be something with Adobe Reader/Acrobat. They like fine in Adobe Illustrator when I make them, they look good in Preview on my Mac... They like like crap in Acrobat 9 Pro on my work PC and my home PC until I'm zoomed way in. I'll play with it tomorrow.
kind2311 wrote:could you possibly make another set that is 2 separate PDFs, one for the labels that are supposed to be non-metallic and one that includes all the ones that should be printed on metallic stock?
Yeah, that is entirely possible. Once everyone is more or less satisfied, I'll put together a separate 2 sheet PDF.
jackdoud wrote:The grey labels still have wierd spacing issues on the text but the rest looks good. :cool:

I just printed the labels and they print just fine.... Other's might give it a test.

so I really think this is an issue with Reader/Acrobat. All of my vector points look great in Illustrator. All of my text was converted from type to paths, so it can't be a font issue.

Anyways, aside from some issues with the letter "I" on some of the labels, anyone have any complaints or issues?
WeeMadHamish wrote:Man, glad I still have some foil sticker paper handy... nice work on these.

The gray labels should be metallic, yes?
More or less yes. This sheet would be for those that just want a quick sticker sheet for a pack.

After talking with kind2311, I've decided to make an additional 2 sheet set with 1 containing standard stickers and another to be printed on metalic foil, so you might hold on for that release in the coming week or so.

I want to make sure people are satisfied with this set before I create the other one!! So I need feedback people!!!
Ok, update time! I offer up for download a "Basic" set of decals and a "Pro" set of decals:

Basic
The Basic set is for casual pack builders, not as concerned for uber accuracy. This is the one I've been revising up to this point that you've already seen. It is a single sheet PDF meant to be printed on normal white paper/adhesive sheets. This should quickly provide everything you need for a single pack and thrower, plus a few spare stickers.

Download the "Basic" sheet: http://uploading.com/files/e622am35/pac ... ic_r3.pdf/

Pro
The Pro set is for the more hardcore builders. It's a two page PDF, with the first page containing the decals that go on white paper/adhesive sheets, and the second page containing the images for foil backed stickers. There's a few spare stickers slapped on as space allowed. I'm not entirely sure if I've got all of the foil backed stickers on the right sheet, so you might call me out if I'm wrong... The filler tube decals for example - Since it is only a two color label with black and yellow, I assume it was a normal sticker, but for all I know, maybe it was reflective? Like I said, I'm not sure.

Due to the outer edge of the bumper sticker being empty space AND having rounded corners, I gave it a black border to aid in getting a decent edge and corners when cutting. Simply cut ON the black line and you're golden. The Danger stickers and Lamp Filament have crop marks.

Download the Pro sheets: http://uploading.com/files/a8b7fd79/pac ... ro_r3.pdf/

As always, thoughts, questions, comments, and violent rage-filled outbursts are welcome.
Vincenzo330 wrote:Awesome work man! I'm gonna check these out right now. Did you happen to squeeze in the goggle labels?
No goggle labels on these. I'd really like to have separate sheets for each prop.

I would definitely like to make a sheet for goggle labels, and my plan is to reach out my hand to Kingpin to get permission to put his modified Ecto Goggles decal on there as well so people will have some options on the "real" stickers or more "in universe" type stickers.

I need to get the pack stickers out of the way first, though.
I noticed you have the n-filter label on the sheet for metallic labels. it is a gray label, not supposed to be on foil.

any chance you could use a better file site like sendspace or something that isnt riddled with popups and actually works?

i couldnt download the file, all i got was pop ups and i had to use lame IE to finally get the site to work.
kind2311 wrote:I noticed you have the n-filter label on the sheet for metallic labels. it is a gray label, not supposed to be on foil.

any chance you could use a better file site like sendspace or something that isnt riddled with popups and actually works?

i couldnt download the file, all i got was pop ups and i had to use lame IE to finally get the site to work.
How's this work for you, updated N-Filter label and all:

Basic Revision 3 (same as last time): https://sites.google.com/site/valentino ... ects=0&d=1

Pro Revision 4 (new): https://sites.google.com/site/valentino ... ects=0&d=1
valentino_42 wrote:and my plan is to reach out my hand to Kingpin to get permission to put his modified Ecto Goggles decal on there as well
Be my guest, the revised label sheet is coming along nicely. :) Depending on how far into the future the non-Pack label sheets are done, I should have my Ghost Sniffer label set finished.
I can field that one - this is an artifact of Adobe Acrobat Reader's screen smoothing. Because an "I" is a perfect rectangle with no curves or additional corners, it somehow registers to Acrobat that at a certain level of being zoomed out, it is no longer a "shape" but a "line" and then falls under Acrobat's "Enhance Thin Lines" function. You'll notice it also happens to other simple square shapes, like the period, hyphen and a lower case "L" if there were any. As you zoom in the screen display, it'll get closer and closer to displaying the actual vector data. It's a display artifact only, and shouldn't print that way. You can uncheck "Enhance thin lines" to get a more accurate display of small block-font text.
While I do plan on using my own decal sheets, I'm going to hold off any work on my pack for the next few months (I just put my wife through 5 months of getting my pack put together for Halloween)... So it may be a bit before I get to see these puppies in all their glory.

With that in mind, if anyone gets these things printed up (especially the foil sheet) I'd love to see how they turn out, so please let me see some pics of these in action! :cool:

As always, if you notice something you'd like tweaked, let me know. I'm thinking a few more weeks and I'll call these things "good".

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]