Jamie Miller wrote:where can i get the file for the game wand im dieing to make it :)
You need to read through this thread, PC says a few times that he is not releasing the game files. Just the regular pack and thrower files.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
I'm sure you all have noticed when you click on the download links after August 27th to get my Pepakura Proton Pack files, that you were met with this letter:

My concern was a very legitimate concern. There are Pepakura modelers that take other people's models and pass them off as their own. Often selling that work or throwing them into pepakura file archives. This is digital recasting. At first I was not worried this would happen, because I hoped these files would be kept within this community. Here. On GBfans.

Those of you who have know me understand I have a pretty big ego. So after I released my files every now and then when I was bored at work I'd google my username and variations of "pep protonpack" to see who was using my files and what they were up to with them. I enjoyed watching people make their packs in different ways using these files. Then I ran into this:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/there-any-gb-p ... ost2188196

If you look around that thread you'll see two members (also members here) that say they are my files and you can find them here. But what you dont see at first glance is in that specific link above, that is another pepakura modeler with a direct link to my files and nothing crediting my name to the link (when in the past that user demanded credit for their work) . This immediately unsettled me and I began to wonder how I can keep better track of my work and who gets it.

I resolved to place a word document in their place illustrating why my files were taken down and to contact me HERE and I will send my files via email to you but the caveat was you absolutely could not distribute or sell anything made from my files. For the most part it worked out ok because I wanted new members to still have a reasonably priced option for their own Proton Packs and then this happened:

Some of you may recognize that as samwell's recent build (the thread is now removed) where he thought it would be a good idea to REMOVE MY NAME from the file by blurring it out. It was not a cause for alarm, at FIRST.

As it turns out, samwell broke the site terms of service; because I have recently found out he has another username (the breach of site rules); who had bad mouthed the community after some drama with the Halloween contest last year. He is not someone I would have willingly shared these files with after August 27th because he was someone that I have learned to be wary of. This is why I am not surprised that he is distributing my files with out my permission nor is it outside the realm of possiblity that my name was blurred out to begin with.

So I am at a crossroads. Every bit of me wants to no longer offer these files and distribution not directly from me is morally theft, but there is part of me that believes there are decent people in this community that would not abuse someone's trust and there are REAL new members that would benefit from this approach to making a pack because you can build a pack several ways using these files.

For the moment, I think the best course of action is to not have them available for this Halloween season.

I also would like to ask those of you whom still have the Pepakura or Proton Pack files that I modeled, please do not distribute these files and adhere to that out of respect for the work put into creating the files for you to enjoy. If these files are distributed again, I would like to be the one that distributes them directly; so this kind of debacle does not happen again.

Thank you.
Let me take my mod hat of for a minute.

Food for thought:

Since many people pirate entertainment of all forms, should all the providers and distributors of it pull all entertainment media because of a few bad eggs?

Since some people abuse the charity system which provides food and shelter for the poor and homeless, should we stop it completely?

Since some people abuse the systems in place to help disaster victims, should we just let them all suffer?

Since GBfans owns none of the ghostbusters copyrights, should they pull all images and content here because some people copy it and repost it without Sony's or GBfans permission?

You can do whatever you choose to, Adam.

But here' the cold hard facts: You pissed off many people, and made yourself look like a douche repeatedly. Your posts here are still under moderation after a year and a half because of your lack of ability to respect the rules here, and your continued potential abuse of the community.

You however appeared to be trying to turn your actions around creating and providing your pep files for the community, showing good will by actions. In many cases (like myself) you earned back a little of the respect you lost by your misguided actions.

But now because ONE person posts ONE picture without your name emblazoned across it, you chastise possibly hundereds of potential new freinds because you want to now try to control digital redistribution of files that odds are thousands of people have already downloaded.

That just sounds way too self important and way too douche-y to me.

You don't become charitable and community minded giving people something expecting to get back in any way in return. You do it to benefit the community, not your ego, or image.

As I said, they are your files, and you can do whatever you like with them. But you just make yourself look like an anal controlling douche.

The ONE saving grace that made you appear to be worth allowing to remain here, (even though weekly you continue to attempt to harass people, and abuse the rules here), was that you appeared to be trying to improve yourself, helping people out, and now you appear to want to undo all that progress you've made to your public image here in the last year.

(Many people STILL will never come back here, because your actions and participation is still tolerated here.)

I've even spoken up on your behalf, because you were trying to help people instead of being a barb in many people's sides.

Ask yourself, "What benefit have I been to the community that allows me to continue to be tolerated violatings the terms of service here?"

If the mod team here had the same lack of tolerance you are currently displaying yourself, you'd have been gone from here years ago.

I considered posting this privately, but felt that it realy did need to be posted pubically. This is simply my own personal opinion and observations, and does not in any way reflect the policy or opinions of any other of the management team at GBfans.

If you were selling your plans, and had people sign non redistribution agreements about them, that would be one thing. But you did freely offer them to anyone who wanted to download them for a VERY long period of time. You lost control of them as a result. And if you piss those people off by not making them available, people WILL look for other sources for them. Sooner or later, someone WILL strip your name you value so highly off them, and then redistribute them to others, and you won't even be able to track downloads any longer to stoke your ego.

If you want to make yourself look like an anal controlling jerk, thats your own choice, but you will only be providing exactly the incentive to really abuse your hard work you spent a LOT of time developing.

Why empower your detractors?
As an artist I can understand PCs conundrum.

1. He worked his associates off using a combination of skills that not everyone can say they have.

2. He researched and gathered information so that these files were not just a Proton Pack you could print off these files are a SUPER accurate proton pack!

3. He could have sold them (and I actually think that he should.) but he released them freely. If someone made a buck to cast shells would that not be the same as recasting?

4. This is his art. He is an artist who put his sweat and tears into making these files. He deserves credit. When I made my build threads here and at the RFP I made sure to give him credit. He definitely deserves it.

Lastly, if he feels he needs to pull these files then we should support him as best we can. It makes me sad that he has had to make this post. I love my pack and it gets a TON of attention at cons. There are two legitimate pep builds going right now and I know the excitement these builders get as their packs unfold in front of them. I hope PC finds a way to continue releasing these in a way he is comfortable.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
ProtonCharger liked this
I wasn't going to do this, but since my name is now being publicly brought into it. I shall do so...

Gary and I had some issues about a year ago over a costume contest here. I made a mistake and said some things I shouldn't have said on Facebook, that caused alarm over here. The leader of our "group" Chace contacted me and I told him I'd come here and publically apologize to everyone despite whether I really felt it was needed or not. I talked to Gary at length about the whole thing, and me and him (as far as I know) have been fine since then. After the contest ended I wound up buying two traps when they went on sale, so everyone won in the end. Gary's costume (as I have told him myself) was supremely bad ass, and I made a mistake.. one that I hoped that I'd have to stop paying for after a year.... However, when I made my apology to AJ and the site, I was met with more harassment from several members here including Adam. As Gary has stated, he's on post approval for a reason.

I have not posted here in a year because of that incident. I hold no hard feelings towards Gary, AJ or anyone else at this site. I apologized for my actions and hoped that would have been the end of it. Outside of Chace, and a few others most of our "Group" never posts here. We simply lurk, because there is a wealth of information and prop making awesomeness to be had here. The only problem is, if you participate your going to have to deal with the Adam's and the other's who want to give everybody a hard time, for whatever reason they want to do it over.

I came back looking to rebuild my proton pack (mine was a junk pack, look for me under "azmyth" and you'll find it). I saw Adam's thread about a pep pack. I was currently making a green ranger helmet the same way, and light bulb went off. I had previously done some searching and several others have tried to create plans like this, but none to the level of detail Adam had. I read the entire thread and then went to his dl link (Had it still been active, we would not even be talking right now). I saw the message he posted above, and said to myself.. well knowing how he is, he's never going to give me the files because I'm sure he still remembers that nonsense, even though it was a year ago. So I figured If I created a new account (which was my fault for not reading the TOS and realizing it was breaking the rules here to do so) and I could start over. Noone would know who I was, and I wouldn't have to deal with anymore harassment and sort of start from scratch. It worked, initially. I politely asked him for the files, and told him how great of a job he did on them (which is the truth), He didn't ask any questions, and sent the files directly to me. I started work on my pack and started a build thread. I blurred his name out of the picture because I had also posted them in an album on my facebook, and as a courtesy to Adam (since I wouldn't want some stranger blasting my name across the interweb) blurred his name out. He replied to my thread and told me I didn't have to do that, and I wasn't planning on blurring any future build photos out at his request.

A day or so ago, I was met with a message from Chace asking me why I had done this, because somehow he had found out about it. I explained the situation, and told him that I did not know about the rule against two accounts and said one of them could be deleted or what not and I would have no problems with this.

Later on in the day, I tried to send Adam a friend request on FB hoping to sort this thing out like adults.. only to find that he was trashing me publically on his own wall. Although he could not bother to talk to me directly, he did have time to comment on my photo and question another member of our group about receiving his plans from me. The other member and I had planned to build packs side by side so we could keep up with each others progress. He had already emailed Adam asking about the plans, but since he never posts here (much like over half our group) he was also on post approval as a new member. I told him that Adam was basically sending the files to whoever asks, and while he did ask us not to distribute them I didn't see the harm in sending them to him early (he was going to get them anyway from Adam as soon as he was off post approval). Neither of us had or have any plans to do anything other than build a proton pack with the plans. I've been a musician for over 10 years, and now a film maker with several feature films under my belt. I understand better than most the issues with piracy and file sharing. However, if your putting your stuff out there "for free" you might as well be prepared for it. Huge companies can't stop people from doing it, so I doubt one guy in an apartment can. Luckily, we had no plans of doing such, and respected and appreciated Adam's work, in which we both told him this.

The issue here, is that because he didn't know I was "the costume guy" he would have never given me the plans in the first place had he known who I was. So now I'm being accused of "steaing" something he was offering for free to anybody and everybody that asked, because of some silly event he wasn't even part of almost a year ago. I have held no hard feelings against anybody over that stuff, and never planned to. If Adam feels that event should disquality me from having the plans I will find a different method to build a pack with. I do not have time nor the stress level to worry about or deal with pettyness from a hobby that's supposed to be about fun and charity. I still think Adam did an amazing job with those plans and I know he put in a ton of hours on them, so no.. I wouldn't have just sent them to "anybody"...

and if you do a google search, you'll find several groups who have already been distributing the files to their whole team. You should also be talking with them on this subject as well, unless they previously had your permission to do so..

I won't name those names either, but you can find them if you do a google search for "pepakura proton pack plans".

When Adam posted on my photo, I commented back and told him politely that if he wanted to discuss it, he could send me a direct message and I'd be glad to talk to him. I have yet to get any response from him directly. Up until today, I have not made any of this public as I felt it wasn't needed.

Last night myself and the other member were both met with messages from Chace saying that 5 members from the GA group from across the state would be chosen and would get to hear both sides, and then they would take a vote on how to proceed, with Chace's vote being the tie breaker. I politely responded back and told him that they were free to do whatever they wanted, however silly it may sound. I don't really have a "statement" as what I did is clear, and anyone who wants to know can ask me directly and I will be glad to tell them. It's really hard for me to grasp this concept when we go around dressed ups as fictional characters from a movie. I've had fun at the few events I've gone to with this group, and Chace and the otherrs have always been nice to me. I feel like I've always returned that to them as well. I'm friends with just about everybody from our area who is in our group, and it sort of saddens me that something on an internet forum would become more important than that, but what can you do? I still hold Chace and all of the guys in the GA ghostbusters in the highest regard and don't and will not hold any aggression or personal attacks against them, not now or in the future. I'm the least aggressive person you'll ever meet, and honestly Adam, and anyone else who wishes to act the same way. If you actually took the time to get to know me, you might find I'm a fairly nice guy. Looking over your facebook, we share a lot of the same interests. It's sad that we have to fight over something that happened a year ago.

The Georgia Ghostbusters may wind up losing members over this, which I apologize to Chace for, and hope that there will be no hard feelings between us regardless of the outcome. I would have handled things differently, if I were in your shoes, but its your group to handle. I did not want to make a huge deal about this, but it seems its too late for that.

Unless some sort of agreement is reached between myself and Adam I plan to abandon the plans and use a different method to build my pack. I encourange anyone who has a chance to use them to do so, as they are a great tool and he did an amazing job on them. I would hope Adam, you'd just talk to me and we could work this out between ourselves. I hope that you wouldn't punish the rest of the community over something that can be solved between us.

I hope everyone has a great day, and please don't let any of this hinder your enjoyment of the hobby. I was dressing up as a ghostbuster before GBfans or any of this wealth of information and I will still be doing so, regardless of the outcome. This site is a great resource and I wish more people were able to openly participate without being met with harshness from some of its members. AJ has done a great job in managing it the best he can. Thanks for your time.
Locked per OP's request.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]