I just got my metal parts from speedy metal today. To get everything on the list cost about 30 dollars, with another 15 for shipping. The metal cut by them looks pretty good. Plus, Vincenzo330 plates fit and look nice with them too.

It seems like you could also order a few other metal parts from them as well.

The palm rest for the wand
http://www.speedymetals.com/pc-2448-836 ... ruded.aspx

It seemed like stefan's and venkman's plan differed on the length. I wasn't sure which one to go with.

For the ghost trap parts, I used Venkman's plans.

The ghost trap handle
http://www.speedymetals.com/pc-2440-836 ... ruded.aspx
cut to 5 1/4"

The ghost trap handle base
http://www.speedymetals.com/pc-2496-837 ... ruded.aspx
cut to 4 14/16

The ghost trap wheel base
http://www.speedymetals.com/pc-2494-837 ... ruded.aspx
cut to 2 4/16 long (quanity two)

For less than three dollars you can have a metal ghost trap handle. No more broken dowels. It'll be great.
Vincenzo330 wrote:
I'm not completely discounting that theory but there are "streaks" on the tops of those bars which are exactly like the streaks where the PPD was cut. If they had used caps the tops would be smooth and not have cut marks. It looks to me that all of those parts were cut by a water jet.

The marks are curved, couldn't be from a water jet. And by the radius and starting angle, it looks like a 10" or 12" blade on a cold saw. Its the fastest way to make straight cuts. A sander would leave fine lines, not streaks. Those are definitely left when using a carbide blade.

Also the dimples on the edge of the beam line tube look like weld puddles that went deeper than the rest, and turning the weld away would leave the dimples. I could be dead wrong but I don't think any of those 3 tubes are solid.
Ok I waited for a reply but I guess I'll just post again. I hate to post two posts back to back.

The " PPD" is definetely made from aluminum tube. It's 1 1/4" with 1/8" wall. The center is filled with something. Might be aluminum but who knows?
Just a thought in support of the beam line and filler tubes being tube instead of solid bar... if they're solid, why weld the base plates on? Why not just drill and tap and bolt it onto the fiberglass? Many of us have does this and it seems plenty sturdy...

Also, the parts in those photos look like cast resin to me... not sure that's definitive...
Just a side note:

You do not have to buy the metal from Online Metals, infact I encourage you to try to find it locally. It cost me just about as much to send a chunk of metal across the US as it did to purchase it, shipping is a B. I've had real good luck locally, I have a shop that will sell me 1' sections with free cutting.
parksdesign wrote:I want to make my own HGA but I have no idea where to get the lid for it. I didn't see it on speedy metals. Anybody know?
It's kind of up to you which route you want to go for the lid. I used 1/16th material for mine to make it lighter but you could use 1/8 thick material as well. You'll just want some sheet remnant of either size if you have no luck let me know I have lots of remnant left.
pchrisbosh1 wrote:
parksdesign wrote:I want to make my own HGA but I have no idea where to get the lid for it. I didn't see it on speedy metals. Anybody know?
It's kind of up to you which route you want to go for the lid. I used 1/16th material for mine to make it lighter but you could use 1/8 thick material as well. You'll just want some sheet remnant of either size if you have no luck let me know I have lots of remnant left.
It's stuff in the diameter that Vinny listed that I can't find.
could we get some thrower aluminum information too?

someone shared the palm rest, but im having piss poor luck finding it's length.
and the plug on the back of the rear instrument bar would help others too.
parksdesign wrote:It's stuff in the diameter that Vinny listed that I can't find.

edit. The lid you have to cut to size yourself Vinny just posted the specs to help for cutting. You won't have any lucky finding anything of perfect diameter for the lid. I just traced my tubing and then cut the lid to size, that's your best bet.
Oh yeah.. More shinny stuff!
I had 3 ion arms cut but I made the booboo of measuring for the bend and forgot to deduct the thickness of the metal so it came out a bit taller. I had to trim 1/4" and re-weld them before boxing so I got one finished.
ProtonCharger wrote:could we get some thrower aluminum information too?

someone shared the palm rest, but im having piss poor luck finding it's length.
and the plug on the back of the rear instrument bar would help others too.

they were in the equipment section the whole time.

http://www.gbfans.com/image.php?url=/im ... lan_11.jpg

while i may not know if the palm rest and rear cylinder are accurate NOW, these are the closest to any measurements i could find.
parksdesign wrote:
janderson0719 wrote:Was the real booster frame from GB1 metal or something else?
I thought it was made out of pencils and floormat.
That's what I thought but confused myself because I know Jason has made some aluminum frames and Franchesky offers them. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.
madmantrez wrote:I just got my metal parts from speedy metal today. To get everything on the list cost about 30 dollars, with another 15 for shipping. The metal cut by them looks pretty good. Plus, Vincenzo330 plates fit and look nice with them too.

It seemed like stefan's and venkman's plan differed on the length. I wasn't sure which one to go with.
Venkman's plans say it's 2 inches long. Stefans' plans say it's 1 and 5/8 inches long. After talking to Proton Charger, it seems like 1 and 5/8 is the most correct length for the palm rest.
madmantrez wrote:
madmantrez wrote:I just got my metal parts from speedy metal today. To get everything on the list cost about 30 dollars, with another 15 for shipping. The metal cut by them looks pretty good. Plus, Vincenzo330 plates fit and look nice with them too.

Venkman's plans say it's 2 inches long. Stefans' plans say it's 1 and 5/8 inches long. After talking to Proton Charger, it seems like 1 and 5/8 is the most correct length for the palm rest.

Check the new elite plans.
ChapterMasterTu'Shan wrote:
madmantrez wrote: Venkman's plans say it's 2 inches long. Stefans' plans say it's 1 and 5/8 inches long. After talking to Proton Charger, it seems like 1 and 5/8 is the most correct length for the palm rest.

Check the new elite plans.

Just to be clear, isn't 1.625 the same as 1 and 5/8?

Also, nice plans.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]